Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got the S8+ yesterday, but my Blaze no longer receives notifications from my device. I've reset the Blaze, removed it from my account, gone through setup, restarted the phone and Blaze, uninstalled the app, and every other troubleshooting recommendation on the forums. All permissions are granted. No luck. Everything else syncs. Is this just a compatibility issue? 

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
680 REPLIES 680

@MYSTICFALLZ, what was the last thing you did before it just started working? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What did you do to get texts? Mines aren't working 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I unpaired blaze then I turned everything off including the blaze. Then I turned phone and Bluetooth on. Turned on blaze. Went into settings on blaze and set Bluetooth to pair. Paired with phone ( only classic blaze). Did not work right away. Maybe a couple of hours later my wrist buzzed. Hope works for you soon.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

@TheAcornWarrior I'm in the same boat. I'm getting extremely frustrated seeing that it is working for others. Fitbit "Support" emailed me and fed me a bunch of BS. 

Best Answer
Last step I did was I opened the app, clicked on my account, went to help, then Blaze quick start guide, then to notifications,  then down at bottom of that page clicked "Fitbit.help", (there was another help link of some sort there too for help but I didn't do that one), then clicked on Blaze, then on link for why won't sync with iOS device.I went thru all those steps and finally at some point it gave me option to send a test notification and it worked. Sorry to sound vague but I tried so many different things that it all became a blur. Hope you can get yours working. Mine still won't do Facebook notifications but that is not a big deal for me. I get calls, texts, and emails. Good luck!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Last step I did was I opened the app, clicked on my account, went to help, then Blaze quick start guide, then to notifications,  then down at bottom of that page clicked "Fitbit.help", (there was another help link of some sort there too for help but I didn't do that one), then clicked on Blaze, then on link for why won't sync with iOS device.I went thru all those steps and finally at some point it gave me option to send a test notification and it worked. Sorry to sound vague but I tried so many different things that it all became a blur. Hope you can get yours working. Mine still won't do Facebook notifications but that is not a big deal for me. I get calls, texts, and emails. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did not do anything except turn on notifications,
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did not do anything except turn on notifications,
Best Answer
0 Votes

@bhmiller89 they did the same to me, they gave me links to everything thats already posted on this site, like i haven't already seen that.  Still not working for me.  Also, i've noticed that my blazes battery life is suddenly like 24 hours?!

Best Answer

Anyone else notice there blaze battery life is suddenly like 24 hours? 

Best Answer
Yes very frustrating 

Best Answer

Yes and I called them yesterday and they said it had nothing to do with the S8 and I said was working fine until I got it connected to my S8 and now it last a day

Best Answer

For those who don't yet have this working, do you have the Blaze (Classic) pairing configured (for music/volume control) too?

I use this for controlling music from my wrist and found that since I re-enabled this following the security update installation and device re-pairing that notifications and GPS have been working fine.

The order in which I did things was:

1. Update to latest software (only a security update I believe but this seems to be the catalyst for fixing many S8 owners' issues)
  2. Remove any pairings for Blaze and Blaze (Classic) from the phone
  3. Add Blaze to phone via Fitbit app - DO NOT use the Bluetooth menu on the phone for this
  4. Add Blaze (Classic) to phone via Bluetooth menu
    1. Go to Settings on the Fitbit
    2. Change Bluetooth Classic to Pair
    3. Scan for the device in the phone's Bluetooth menu
    4. Complete pairing by following instructions on Fitbit and phone
  5. Switch WiFi off
  6. Test notifications and/or GPS - these now started working for me
  7. Switch WiFi on

Note that I this did not initially allow notifications through until WiFi was turned off. Once notifications were successfully working, WiFi could be then re-enabled without issue. Not sure why, but hope it helps some of you.

Mine has been working flawlessly since Sunday morning. Good luck with the instructions above but remember that while this is still not an officially supported device, notification support could stop without warning.

Best Answer

VERY disappointing.  The S8 is one of the biggest new phones out there, and Fitbit dropped the ball with proper connectivity.

Best Answer

My blaze  just started 5 min ago while looking for a solution. Perhaps just slow. Hopefully it continues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I might be having the same problem. I recently upgraded to both a Charge 2 and Galaxy S8. On my old phone I was still able to get text notifications just fine, but when using Samsung's messenger, my texts either come late or come multiple times. Texts I haven't yet read will repeat themselves each time a new message comes in. 

In short, calls work fine, texts don't. I haven't tried changing the text notifications to trigger from the other supported Default Messaging Apps, like Hangouts or Facebook Messenger. I don't want my SMS being managed by either of those apps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KevCoady , when i turned off wifi and scanned on my phones bluetooth, it found the bluetooth classic. It successfully paired! However the blaze is still showing. (without the classic) Which still refuses to pair. Is this how it appears on your S8? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you working to get it onto the list?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue with not receiving notifications on the S8+ after uninstalling/reinstalling several times as well as restarting the fitbit.

I have the S8+ and the Alta.

Best Answer

@TheAcornWarrior You do not pair the Blaze through the Bluetooth menu. It will fail saying pairing was rejected by the Blaze - this is by design. You must only add it via the Fitbit app. Only the Blaze (Classic) can be paired via the Bluetooth menu.

Once added via the app, however, Blaze will appear in the paired devices list in the Bluetooth menu. A screenshot of my Bluetooth screen is shown below:

Screenshot_20170427-010949.png

Hope this clarifies things.

Best Answer