Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammers using Fitbit Profiles

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit needs to do something to get rid of all the scammers plagueing the app. Their profiles are pretty easy to recognize. 

1 recently joined, usually with no personal information or posts

2 they join lots of groups

3 they send out dozens of friend requests to women

Seems to me it would be fairly easy for Fitbit to develop a routine to recognize these creeps and block them. It’s really ruining the community for a lot of women. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
81 REPLIES 81
"Let the buyer beware" is the slogan, time to start anew and just move on...whats done is done,lesson learned????Adityadas,so many fake pics with bad people behind them,never let your guard down. Are you on snap or whatsup? Well stop.was your heart broken,did you send money or photos? What were you scammed out of,what do you loose? Just get a new email address,and don't give it out to anybody..i don't know the whole story with your device,for sure defective devices should be replaced,in fitbit,everybody knows I try to weed out scammers,and I look out for my friends,see my profile,see my friends,that says a lot about me,and I have several groups going,and did 100k the other day so I balance things,it's time to move on.....Sent from my Verizon LG Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
If you think your account has been taken over, accessed, hacked or compromised by someone else and you still have access to it, try changing your password to a new, unique password that you’ve never used before.

If you can no longer access your account, please contact Fitbit Customer Support and tell us you suspect an account takeover. We'll route the case to our security team as soon as possible. 

Please note, if you already have a case with Support but need immediate assistance, you can reply to the last email you received from our Security or Customer Support team. In the meantime, you can find out more about Fitbit and security in this help article.

Since this is an older thread that is going off-topic, we will be closing it for further reports. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer