Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues since 2.64 Android app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 1/29

Hey, everyone! I wanted to announce that Android app version: 2.65.1 has been fully released. If you haven't already, please update the app! This should help with syncing and also contains some improvements for those of you on Android 8.0 (Oreo). 

If you are on Android 8.0 (Oreo), please check out this help article with more information about the Notifications you are receiving from the app. Please let me know if this changes anything for you all. Our team is always at work to improve the Fitbit experience on Android. Thanks for your cooperation! 

Fitbit Update: 1/22

Hi, Android users! Thanks so much for your patience while our team continues to investigate. 

If you continue to have difficulty syncing, please use an alternate device if available. I will provide any future updates here, so please stay tuned. 

Fitbit Update: 1/19

Hi Android Users - Our team is aware that some Android users on Android 8.0 Oreo may be experiencing syncing issues since the Fitbit app 2.64 update.

Our Android Team is actively working on a fix and hope to have it resolved shortly. In the meantime, I recommend syncing to an alternative supported device or computer if possible. Thanks very much for your patience as our team works to resolve this as quickly as possible. More updates to come!

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
336 REPLIES 336

Hi, everyone!

To add some clarification, this known syncing issue is specific to users on Android Oreo (8.0). If you are running an older OS, I suggest giving our standard troubleshooting tips a try. First, try a restart on the tracker and then also on your mobile device or computer. You can also turn on/off Bluetooth. In addition, it is important that your tracker have enough battery and is not running low. If you still are having trouble, you can "remove" the tracker from your Fitbit account and add it again as if you were setting it up as a new device. Please also check out our article for more tips.  

Lastly, the Android app version 2.65 was just released today. Please update the app when you see it available in the Google Play store and monitor the syncing behavior. If you don't see it there yet, it will be progressively rolled out. 

As mentioned, I'll continue to monitor this syncing issue. Please let me know if there are questions! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I have tried countless times now to remove the charge 2, remove the app, turn off the phone, reset blue tooth etc etc. All of which only works once if I'm lucky. I have Android 6, and never had any issues for well over 10months. All of a sudden I can no longer sync. I can only assume your update is faulty across the board. I have also reset the charge 2 at least 3 times. None of your suggested solutions work. 

Moderator Edit: Word Choice

Best Answer

@Leigh2122 Thanks for trying out all possible troubleshoots. Since this issue continues for you, I've gone ahead and created a case on your behalf and escalated it to our Customer Support team. They'll be able to offer further assistance. Please keep an eye out for an email from them. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Where can you find the older versions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Android 7.0 won't sync with the 2.64 update. Can't sync on my PC either - all versions are current.  Mod says 2.65 is out but its not - just follwed the link and its still 2.64

Best Answer

Well as Fitbit won't fix it. Turn off Google play auto updates. Search for Fitbit 2.55 apk (the old working app) & virus check it. Delete Fitbit's broken app & install the apk.

All works just like it did before Fitbit broke it.

Best Answer

How do you install the older version? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please fix the software issue that is stopping devices from pairing and syncing with Android phones. Check your forums all your customers are upset. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try completely removing your tracker (including Bluetooth) from your phone/pc and whatever other devices it's linked to (make sure it's removed from your account)..... uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit apps for your devices with a restart in between. Then add your tracker back to your account as a new device on your pc, and when you log into the phone app it should automatically sync and continue syncing reliably.

This seems to work a good portion of the time 😋

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having problems syncing on my phone. Fitbit has dropped the ball again. Not fun having to use my tablet. Have my phone with me all the time. Not so my tablet. Maybe it is time to go to another brand. I am using a Fitbit one because I cannot use wrist devices since I break out in a rash. Hope it is fixed soon. Or goodbye fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried this a couple times worked for a day then stopped again

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I like the watch, but the interface between the watch and Android has been nothing but a disappointment.  I've posted about it and gotten some lame suggestions to uninstall/reinstall, clear cache, turn off and on bluetooth, etc...  Of course none of it did a thing and that's when Fitbit stopped talking to me about it.  So in addition to a fix, I'd also like some acknowledgement from Fitbit that they are at least trying to fix it.  Fitbit's silence makes them look bad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem with mine,no use haveing with out phone..have used best buy geek squad to help, will not stay siked 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes

I posted last week about the problems I've had syncing. I am still unable to sync in the app, but if I turn Bluetooth and GPS on and not the app, it will sync on its own eventually. If I open the app and try to sync, it can't find the tracker. Obviously, this might not work for anyone else and it's far from ideal, but hopefully someone else will be able to get theirs to sync until the next update fixes this issue. Good luck everyone. 

Best Answer
It's crazy that this is being ignored 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Amber22587 Welcome to the Fitbit family! I moved your suggestion to this Android App thread which is about the same topic you are asking for. 

Please check this official post and try the workarounds there. That should definitely help you out with this.

Also, feel free to update the Fitbit App for Android devices to its latest version (version 2.65 released yesterday). 

Once you have done this, please set up your tracker (if you haven't done so already) to have this sorted.

See you around! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

this is not specific to android oreo 8.0 i have android 5.1.1 and i am having the same problems with the the app not syncing and saying looking. and not finding. and the same goes for my wife and we have

different trackers ones a charge 2 the other is an alta

Best Answer

it depends on the fitbit on the charge 2 you press and hold the side button while plugged in to the charger, hold it tell the screen changes. if it the alta you press and holed the button on the cord on the usb end while plugged in. those are the only 2 i know how to reset. if you have a different one. google will tell you how to reset it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you really think after all this time and all these complaints that we haven't all tried your turn it off and on again lark. Read the posts we've done it, we a sick of doing it, it doesn't work. 

Also 2.65 is not showing when I followed you link, only the one that caused this mess.

FFS Sort it.

Best Answer

when will the update be available in the play store. i tried using the link and it did not work

Best Answer
0 Votes