Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues since 2.64 Android app update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 1/29

Hey, everyone! I wanted to announce that Android app version: 2.65.1 has been fully released. If you haven't already, please update the app! This should help with syncing and also contains some improvements for those of you on Android 8.0 (Oreo). 

If you are on Android 8.0 (Oreo), please check out this help article with more information about the Notifications you are receiving from the app. Please let me know if this changes anything for you all. Our team is always at work to improve the Fitbit experience on Android. Thanks for your cooperation! 

Fitbit Update: 1/22

Hi, Android users! Thanks so much for your patience while our team continues to investigate. 

If you continue to have difficulty syncing, please use an alternate device if available. I will provide any future updates here, so please stay tuned. 

Fitbit Update: 1/19

Hi Android Users - Our team is aware that some Android users on Android 8.0 Oreo may be experiencing syncing issues since the Fitbit app 2.64 update.

Our Android Team is actively working on a fix and hope to have it resolved shortly. In the meantime, I recommend syncing to an alternative supported device or computer if possible. Thanks very much for your patience as our team works to resolve this as quickly as possible. More updates to come!

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
336 REPLIES 336

The volume of messages here and elsewhere should make it fairly clear this is not just about Android 8. That the troubleshooting tips don't work for lots of people. That v2.65 doesn't seem to be visible to all in the Play store, yet at least. That your software and testing and support isn't very good. How on earth did you manage to release a new version of that app that wasn't tested properly on Android 8?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Or you can check out my earlier post about reverting back to the old version. My problem is solved.

Best Answer

I bought a new andriod phone running andriod 7 and i cant pair my charge 2 to it. Ive followed all the suggestions and the phone cannot find the fitbit. The fibit was working perfectly on my older phone. I installed the app on my husbands android phone and it wont pair to it either. I can see by other members replies that im not alone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do we know when this will be fixed? I have just spent 30mins on the phone to customer service, who I believe thinks there's a problem my end rather than the fact Fitbits latest update makes my watch no longer compatible - I'm now waiting for someone higher up to come back to me in the next 24 hours with advice on how to fix the fact my phone isn't syncing. They will recommend all the things I have done so far finishing with un-pairing the watch from my phone and re-pairing. I did this already this morning. and now a few hours later am expected to do it again. Am I supposed to do this every time I want to sync the watch?  Do we know when the new update will happen. And if it will fix the syning problem.

Alternatively how do I go about getting a refund? I did not spend hundreds of dollars on a watch that no longer syncs.

Also please don't tell me to use an alternative device - if I had an alternative device I would not have a need for a fitbit would I.

Best Answer

Tried all of the suggestions . Those work arounds  are absoulty ridiculous. A company like fitbit should come up with better solutions or take responsibility for a lousy update. I am thinking of getting a different tracker and not a Fitbit of this is not resolved soon. A lot of your customers are having this problem it is not just a few.

Best Answer

@BLACKFALLSStill waiting in Australia, it takes about 3-4 days to hit me from release day because Fitbit/Google do a trickle rollout ..to stop overload of servers etc....

@BLACKFALLS wrote:

when will the update be available in the play store. i tried using the link and it did not work

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I posted about that  2.55 apk I found it that had a small display glitch. The 250 steps in the hour wouldn't turn green. Everything else works fine.

The 2.60 apk I have found to be the best one so far.

I'm having no problems with it.

I posted a complete how to yesterday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried downloading Fitbit 2.60 apk? It's an old version of the Fitbit app & I'm using it without any problems. I have posted a step by step how to 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update 2.65 seems to be "Missing in Action" 

Google play still showing 2.64

This sounds as credible as technical support telling all of us that our phones all magically stopped syncing at the same time.

Even with screen shots showing the app not syncing, technical support are still side stepping the problem.

Best Answer
Aless, this is not a low level Bluetooth problem. It's in the call your app is making to the Android Bluetooth stack. I'm a Bluetooth engineer and I my phone with Android 5.1 can see and connect to my Charge 2 using the the nRF Connect app from Nordic Semiconductor with no problem. I use that app for testing my own Bluetooth devices. Since the phone is paired to the Charge, one suspect is the BD Address the app is requesting to connect to.
Best Answer

@locoMocoThanks for adding more diagnostic help...

@locoMoco wrote:
Aless, this is not a low level Bluetooth problem. It's in the call your app is making to the Android Bluetooth stack. I'm a Bluetooth engineer and I my phone with Android 5.1 can see and connect to my Charge 2 using the the nRF Connect app from Nordic Semiconductor with no problem. I use that app for testing my own Bluetooth devices. Since the phone is paired to the Charge, one suspect is the BD Address the app is requesting to connect to.

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

@locoMocoThe nRF Connect finds the bonded Ionic,  but when I tap connect, the end result is Ionic Disconnected..  Am I doing something wrong..?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

After more experimenting, the Fitbit app may not be initiating a Bluetooth connection at all. Using nRF Connect, I established a connection to my Charge 2. I then started up the Fitbit app and lo and behold, the app synced to my Charge!

So as a workaround, install the app nRF Connect. Startup the app and after a short period of scanning, you should be able to see the name of your device. Mine shows up as "Charge 2". My wife's shows up as "Alta". Press the connect button and you'll see a bunch of techy stuff. Then startup your Fitbit app and it should sync! Make sure to disconnect (upper right hand corner in nRF Connect) after syncing to reduce battery consumption. The app BLE Scanner from Bluepixel Technologies should do the same thing with a less intimidating interface.

Best Answer

@AlessFitbit

From your post should we conclude that if we are having syncing issues on devices that are running anything other than Android Oreo 8.0, then Fitbit doesn't acknowledge any issues with update 2.64 and is not working to resolve this? 

Although I have been experiencing highly unreliable syncing since that update, occasionally it does sync (this does require the "Always Connected" option to be enabled). This doesn't mean that there isn't a problem with your software as I expect not to have to struggle to the degrees I do just to sync my device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I had this issue. You can fix by uninstalling 2.64 and installing 2.63.

You will need to download the apk from the web which you can find by searching on fitbit 2.63.

PS. Do NOT do an update afterwards.

Best Answer

@Colinm39Sounds like your Ionic rejected the connection. I've seen that happen when the connection security gets out of whack. Have you been messing around the Bluetooth?

You might try re-bonding and seeing if that fixes things.  Touch the little card in the upper right corner of the Fitbit app.  Select "+ Setup a Device".  Then run through the sequence to Replace your Ionic.  That will setup new security keys and you will have a working connection until you exit the Fitbit app.  Then try connecting with nRF Connect and see if that works.

Best Answer

Uninstall 2.64 and install 2.63

This fixed my syncing issue.

You will need to download the apk from the web for it, just search fitbit 2.63

PS do not do an update afterwards

Best Answer

I don't think this is exclusively an Android 8.0 issue.  My boyfriend started getting the "tracker not found" error yesterday (1/23/18) when trying to sync his Charge 2 to his LG phone.  I have the same tracker and the same phone and was not getting that error, so I walked him through everything I could think of short of deleting and adding the device in the app and uninstalling and reinstalling the app (which he didn't have time for and we plan to do later today).  Then about 3 hours ago I rebooted my phone and now I am also getting the "tracker not found" error.  The version of Android that we are running is 5.1.1 and neither of us ever saw this error prior to yesterday.  (He updated the app on his phone yesterday.  I updated the app on my phone several days prior to that, but had not rebooted the phone until today.)

Best Answer
I no longer use my phone I've borrowed my sons Ipad to update very annoying 
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

my Nokia 6 (unsupported) is syncing ok

got an update yesterday for both fitbit app (2.65) and Android (probably just security) 7.1.2

Best Answer
0 Votes