Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync with Fitbit's phone app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For about a week now my fitbit phone app is not matching up to my watch. It keeps saying unable to sync, can not reach device or sync has already been scheduled. I'm in the middle of challenges and just got off a 20HR shift where I walk all day long. The app is showing it needs to sync as well as only having walked for 18K steps which is done in a 9HR work work day. And today the app is only showing 880 steps. I have no idea how to fix this please help.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello my friends! If you are still experiencing syncing issues with your phone, please try following these steps:

- Close the Fitbit app and open it again. A sync should occur whenever the app is opened.

- Turn off Bluetooth, turn it back on, and then open the Fitbit app.

- Reboot your mobile device and then open the Fitbit app again.

- Restart your tracker again.

- Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.

- Consider using the All-Day Sync setting. This prompts your tracker to periodically sync with the Fitbit app but may cause increased battery drain on your mobile device or tracker.

- Try syncing with your computer.

This should get you back on track! Cat Wink

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
63 REPLIES 63
I'm having the same issue, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I have restarted my Bluetooth, and have tried a force stop. Still not syncing
Best Answer
Same deal here. Any resolve?
Best Answer
Update: My fitbit's battery died so I plugged it in to start charging and it synced immediately. So I am going to do a reset of my flex
Best Answer

Hi there @JenAl and welcome aboard to our Community @SunsetRunner and @Keisha87. I will use your post as example @SunsetRunner. When the battery drains out, what it happened is that your tracker restart itself when was out of charge. So at the moment you charged it again it sync. So a restart is a good way to start troubleshooting this issue if still persist.

For additional help and restart instructions, please take a moment to review this suggestions: Syncing troubleshoot for Android app.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes. I'll be around in case you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I've done the same thing, with no luck either!

From what I've been reading on the google play store, lots of people having the same issue. My husband just got me the Blaze for my birthday (I had the HR prior)...and I'm ready to take it back to the store. That's too much money to spend on a product that don't work most of the time. 

Fitbit isn't a new product, they've been around for some time now, there is no reason to be having these issues.

Best Answer

I have a full battery. Still not syncing. If you read the reviews on the google play store, you will see this is a big problem for a lot of users. This is not people simply forgetting to charge thier Fitbits...this is an issue with the software!

Best Answer
FYI, please read my post following my first post. The issue was resolved as soon as I powered off my phone and then turned it back on again! The issue was not with my Charge HR. It's been working great since then. Try turning your phone completely off.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
Done that too. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I also tried restarting my phone as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the app. After the battery dying twice in three days on my Flex, I did a reset on it and it seems to be doing better in holding a charge and syncing. But there are issues with the app that shouldn't be there with how long Fitbits have been around
Best Answer

Hello my friends! If you are still experiencing syncing issues with your phone, please try following these steps:

- Close the Fitbit app and open it again. A sync should occur whenever the app is opened.

- Turn off Bluetooth, turn it back on, and then open the Fitbit app.

- Reboot your mobile device and then open the Fitbit app again.

- Restart your tracker again.

- Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.

- Consider using the All-Day Sync setting. This prompts your tracker to periodically sync with the Fitbit app but may cause increased battery drain on your mobile device or tracker.

- Try syncing with your computer.

This should get you back on track! Cat Wink

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
Monday afternoon it just stop syncing. I get tracker not found or cannot connect to futbit.com. I have restarted phone, uninstalled/reinstalled app, checked for updates, checked Bluetooth and wifi. I have even used shutdown option found on the surge itself in settings. That got it to work but then went right back to the above. I can't keep shutting it down. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. Working fine until Monday about 3pm.
Best Answer
I'm having the same issue on an HTC One A9 using marshmallow 6.0, after the App's latest update....it's very discouraging because my fitbit is basically useless without being able to record my progress...I've tried the various troubleshooting suggestions on their webpage and this forum, but nothing works.
Best Answer
My Samsung S6 hasn't synced since Monday.
Best Answer
There is obviously an issue and Fitbit is just not acknowledging it. I
took the advice by one of their support people to remove my device and now
I cannot add it back. My husband is experiencing the same issues as well
as my son. My son is an iPhone user....with that said it cannot be an
android or an iPhone related issue. It is a Fitbit issue. I'm in the
middle of training for a half marathon and am going back to my old run
watch. I can view my stats straight off the watch and compare them without
an app!
Best Answer
I finally got my fitbit flex to sinc with the app by restarting the fitbit device....there are instructions on the website...I hope it helps if you try that...
Best Answer
0 Votes
My Android version of fitbit app (os6.0 on a Galaxy S6) won't show the current date stats on the main screen since the latest update. I can sync with the app and see my stats for today of the main screen of my iPad which I've haven't updated yet. I've restated my phone, force closed the app, and restarted the watch but it hasn't help. Please help!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've tried all of the above with my Alta but over the last week or so it no longer wants to sync. If I connect my Alta to my computer it will sync just fine. Please help.
Best Answer
Dear Moderator your advice is rubbish!! I have tried everything you advised and NOTHING works. I've notice a steady decline in the usefulness and efficiency of FitBit with syncing every time there is an update this year. It appears to be an Android only problem as iPhone users aren't so badly affected. You're not a new kid on the block and these issues are very annoying. Now I can't sync with my Weight Watchers app as I try to manage activity and food intake. Back to Amazon to recommend Android users not buy FitBit (after raving so much about it).
Fix the fix, which was supposed to 'fix' whatever was wrong!!!!
Best Answer
Same issue as well for over a week. I've tried everything that suggested including removing my device and to reinstall it. I got it removed but can't reinstall because it again cannot find my tracker or fitbit.com is busy. I am going to call customer service today as a final attempt as emails have been slow to come in. At this point, I'm just about done with it all. It appears alot of people are having similar issues.
Best Answer