Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Unknown Caller ID w/Android Pie (9.0)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 10/3/18

Hi, Android Pie users!

I'm aware that many of you are still receiving your call notifications as "Unknown Caller."

I'm sorry for any trouble this issue may be causing. I've gone ahead and escalated that the problem persists. When I hear of any updates from our team, I will provide them here.

Thanks for your troubleshooting efforts and for reporting. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

yes i am still getting the error

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happens with every single call. I have uninstalled, reinstalled the app, changed permissions back and forth and still have the same issue. Just updated on the 17th and still didn't fix it. I have restarted the Fitbit several times and even let the battery drain all the way to see if that would help. Kinda disappoints me because I was going to upgrade to the versa but not if it will have the same issue .

Best Answer
0 Votes

When can we expect to get this error fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you work for Fitbit? Are these concerns being relayed to their Developers? Or are you just a moderator doing this in your spare time? This needs to be raised up to Fitbit customer support

Best Answer
I do not work for Fitbit. I'm having the same issues.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I dont work for fitbit. I bought fitbit charge 2 last week. I use oneplus 6 with latest android version. I am facing same issue with unknown caller id.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is being done about this now? Can we get an update?

I am getting the same problems: callers coming up as Unknown on my Alta using Pixel 1 XL - doesn't even buzz when someone calls but decides to about 2 minutes after call is over and done with, no matter how many times I allow notifications and access and re-downloading, installing, uninstalling, resetting and updating and whatever advice is given on here, nothing fixes it. 

Very upset 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any updates at all on this? It's been a while that we've been experiencing this issue, and I'm not even convinced anyone is working on it based on the lack of information we're provided. 

Fun fact: I have multiple devices in the Google environment, but only one Fitbit. You can guess which one I'm more likely to leave if I can't even get back to the baseline functionality I had before. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone. Thank you for sharing your experiences up to this point. As @LanuzaFitbit explain, currently we don't have any updates but you could try refreshing the link between the phone and your Fitbit device. You can try going to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. After this try syncing them. Also, if you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've tried all of these suggestions several times and they do nothing to
solve my issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just updated and caller ID seems to be fixed

Shawn Laverty

Moderator edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just updated my pixel 2 with the latest Fitbit app that just came out and issue appears to have been resolved

Best Answer
Can you tell me what version the Android app is?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Shawn Laverty

Moderator edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
YES IT WORKS!!!! THANKS
Best Answer

Ditto for me.

Will now have to get used to actually checking my wrist when a call comes in instead of ignoring it  

Best Answer

Fitbit Update: 10/30/18

Hi, Android Pie users!

Today, 10/30 we released the Fitbit for Android app version 2.82. It sounds like some of you have already updated to this version and it appears to have resolved the "unknown caller" ID problem. 

Please update the app if you haven't already and let me know what you experience after updating. This would be super helpful so I can report this to our developing teams who have been looking into this issue. 

Thanks and let me know if I can help with anything else! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Just downloaded the update and my caller ID is working again!

Best Answer

I'm very unhappy because I have spent hours trying to get my versa to sync. I may send it back and find something that works. I have updated etc and it randomly syncs but never when I need it to. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried to get my fit bit versa to sync for over a week and it is just not working. I am a health coach and I need this to work. can you please help me. I have updated it I have done all I can read on these boards and it is not syncing. I have a android 9 plus please help. It is very time consuming and frustrating. URGENT!

Best Answer
0 Votes