Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice cues not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 08/14/16: Some community users have reported that their voice cues are not working or are working intermittently. Our Android team is aware and currently in the process of investigating this issue. 

If you're experiencing this issue, please help by confirming/providing the following information:

1. Are you on the latest version of the Fitbit app for Android? (latest version here)
  2. What Android OS are you currently running? (click here from your Android browser to find out)
  3. What make and model phone are you using?
  4. Please explain the steps to reproduce your issue (screenshots help as well!)

Thank you in advance.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
81 REPLIES 81
Same issue for me. Voice cues not working on samsung S5 after updates. Changing to distance won't work for me - I do HIIT and rely heavily on timed voice cues. If not resolved soon, trashing fitbit and finding an alternative. In my opinion, installing more is unacceptable. It worked before and should work now. Keep up the fight.
Best Answer
So my normal setup when going for a run is to use MobileRun with voice cues every 500m to tell me distance, time and average pace.

The voice cue works perfectly up until 10k. After 10k it starts rounding up the distances... so at 10.5k it tells me I have run 11k, then tells me the same again at 11k, then at 11.5k it tells me I have run 12k, and so on. Not a major issue but it gets confusing when you are training. Seems like it would be an easy fix?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Jazz_Aus, hope you're doing great today Smiley Very Happy

• Make sure that your Fitbit App is up-to-date
  • Log out of your Fitbit App
  • Force quit the App
  • Restart your Charge HR by following @AlejandraFitbit' steps
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit App

Let me know how it goes after!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Marre, thanks for your response, I am not sure if you have understood my message though. This almost certainly has to be a coding issue... For some reason the dev team has hard-coded rounding up the voice cue distances once you get to 10k.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jazz_Aus Does this continue to happen consistently after trying the troubleshooting tips that @MarreFitbit provided? Giving those a try will help out. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Erick,

Yep, my app is up-to-date, phone has been restarted, app has been force-quit, etc. 

I first noticed this bug some months ago when I started to increase my running distances, and it has reproduced consistently on every long run I have done. This would span across multiple updates of the app, etc.

Obviously one of the challenges is that you have to run at least 10.5k using MobileRun, with 500m Voice Cues activated before you encounter the issue - so it's a very specific scenario that's required to produce the bug. This is why I suspect it's a dev issue - the issue is so specific and is reproduced consistently that it almost seems like it has been coded intentionally.

Because the issue stretches back over an extended timeframe, I am very confident that all of the points raised have been actioned multiple times. But I will complete those steps again prior to my next long run just to verify.

Kind regards

Best Answer

@Jazz_Aus Thanks for taking the time to clarify. When you do have time to test it out after trying the troubleshooting above, please let me know the outcome. I will test it out myself as well this weekend and get back to you with my findings once you reply. Thanks again for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Erick, just letting you know I did a 15k run yesterday and issue presented again, exactly as described.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jazz_Aus Please confirm that you're running the latest version of the Fitbit app for Android, version 2.30?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ErickFitbit,

Yes I've updated to 2.30 when it was released this week. I haven't been for a long run since release though.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Upgraded from a Galaxy S3 to a GS7 and now the voice cues only works very intermitently. Configured to voice cue every 2 minutes and maybe once in an hour, the voice cue comes through. The fact that it can come through at all, means that I have it configured properly.

I have logged out and in and ALSO uninstalled Fitbit altogether, restarted the phone and then reinstalled it and no dice.

Something is wrong with the app.
Is there a patch yet for the GS7?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Fitbit community, just following up on this one, after more long runs the bug continues exactly as described.

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @JoeSpataro! It's great to have you here!

This is pretty odd let me help you out, which voice cues are you using? could you be more specific about the glitch? make sure following instructions when you're starting mobile run:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Exercise tile.
  2. Tap the stopwatch icon at the top right of the screen, and then tap Tracking at the top of the screen.
  3. If you're using Android Marshmallow, make sure you grant the Fitbit app access to the requested features of your mobile device. For more information, see Why do I receive access requests from the Fitbit app on my Android mobile device?
  4. Choose your activity, either Run, Walk, or Hike.
  5. If you want your phone to provide voice cues during your activity, tap Use voice cues to set the voice cues you want to hear, and the frequency of the cues.
  6. Tap Start. At any time during your activity, swipe left to see the GPS map.
  7. When you're done with your activity, tap the Pause button and then tap and hold the Finish button. An activity summary shows your steps, distance, active minutes, and calories burned as calculated by the sensors on your phone.​

Let me know how  it goes, I'll be around! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Magin for your reply.

I am using Android Marshmallow (6).
Last update 7/15/16 & is current.

I had already been using the voice cues exactly in the way you outlined on
my GS3 with no problem. On the GS7, Fitbit has all the permissions
requested and the REALLY odd thing is that everyone once in a while, one of
the voice cues will "leak out" with the cues set to every two minutes. The
fact that it works at all suggests that I have it configured right.
Any other ideas?

Thanks

Moderator edit: personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone -- Just wanted to loop back into this thread and ask if you're still experiencing issues with voice cues?

If so, please provide me with the following information:

1. Are you on the latest version of the Fitbit app for Android? (latest version here)
  2. What Android OS are you currently running? (click here from your Android browser to find out)
  3. What make and model phone are you using?

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
Still does not work. I have Fitbit version 2.30 and android version 6.0.1

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dwight123 We just released a new app update, version 2.31. Can you please update and give the voice cues feature a try and let me know if it's working or not on the latest release? Thank you so much!

Best Answer

Still doesn't work despite this week update

Fitbit 2.31(2183016)

Android 6.01

Moto X Play SKU: XT1562

Best Answer
Voice cues still not working - once or twice during workout it may pop in but even that isn't consistent. It also now appears to be double counting floors. Going to uninstall and reinstall again. I have Android version 6.0.1.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I updated with the new version and the voice cue still does not work.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer