Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice cues not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 08/14/16: Some community users have reported that their voice cues are not working or are working intermittently. Our Android team is aware and currently in the process of investigating this issue. 

If you're experiencing this issue, please help by confirming/providing the following information:

1. Are you on the latest version of the Fitbit app for Android? (latest version here)
  2. What Android OS are you currently running? (click here from your Android browser to find out)
  3. What make and model phone are you using?
  4. Please explain the steps to reproduce your issue (screenshots help as well!)

Thank you in advance.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
81 REPLIES 81

Hello @JanKal, welcome to the Community!. It's nice to see you around @Tee10823Smiley Happy

I would like to thank both for sharing your experience with Voice Cues, be sure the information provided will be very helpful for our team. As @ErickFitbit mentioned, keep en eye on this thread for future updates containing a fix for these issues. Thank you so much for your patience an understanding. 

Don't hesitate to reply if you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Sorry to jump in, what is voice cues?

I've a stopwatch on my charge HR so I can't reboot my fitbit as hold button in 10-12 seconds when I do stopwatch starts.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Voice cues is when you use the app and it tells you every kilometre or 2 minutes for example how fast you are going, how far you've traveled, how long you've been running. 
Hope that makes sense? 

Sent from Jan's phone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @wee_kels73 and @JanKal, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

@wee_kels73, as @JanKal mentioned, voice cues can be used through the Fitbit app and can provide you useful information such as pace and distance while you're walking or running. To access Voice Cues, tap on the Exercise tile, then on the next screen, tap on the chronometer icon. In here you'll be able to set Voice Cues. If you enable them, once you start your exercise you'll be able to hear them. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you feel free to reply! Woman Wink

Best Answer

Thank you so much, I still can't reset fitbit charge HR as it tells you to hold in the button for so long while on charge. You should see fitbit symbol all I get is a stop watch that I never knew I had or how to use it. So I'm stuck there also. 

Many thanks again 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Are you sure your Fitbit is connected properly when you do this. ..doesthe charging thing come up before you try and hold your button down?   Sorry no guru myself. ..just thought it was worth the ask. Good luck

Sent from Jan's phone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

When I put it on charge you can see its charging but have to push button on
the side. Idk how the stop watch got there. I'm so stubborn I hate going to
bed when I know something wrong and can't fix it. I'm guessing the
stopwatch is a widget and no idea how to remove it. If I can't remove it I
can't reset the device
.tia kels
Best Answer
0 Votes
Stop watch is option when you are exercising to time your workouts

Sent from Jan's phone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @wee_kels73 and @JanKal, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for taking the time to reply. 

@wee_kels73, it seems odd that your tracker is able to charge when plugged in but when you press the button is only starting the chronometer instead of restarting. How long do you keep the button pressed? Please try to keep the button pressed for 1 minute while your tracker is charging, even if the chronometer starts, if it's still not showing the Fitbit icon and the version number, my recommendation would be contacting our Support Team. Let them know about this situation, I'm sure they will be more than happy to get you back on track. 

Give it a try and keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Thank you all 

Best Answer

Hello @wee_kels73, I hope you're doing well. 

Thanks for replying, you're very welcome. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members. Additionally, if you need anything else, feel free to reply! Smiley Wink

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer

Found the culpable for the voice cue don't working at my phone.

Changed "Language and Input"  setting to English US and voice cues worked.

The reason is my phone regular  language doesn't support Text to Speech of Android.

Of cause that isn't a solution because it affects all the phone interface keyboard etc. but it solve the mystery my it doesn't work at my phone from the start.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Naftali,Sorry to hear things not working for you with app due to voice conversion options. My issue was fixed however a couple of updates ago I'm  glad to say.  Hopefully a fix for you won't be far off. Good luck

Sent from Jan's phone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, @JanKal.

From fitness apps I use in the past I know what should be done.

I also hope it will be implemented soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having trouble with audio cues not working when I am running. I emailed fitbit and they suggested turning app off, restarting watch but still not working . My phone is an iphone. Very frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

I experienced problem Today. Never happened before. Restarted the app ( on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge ) and it didn't help. No single voice cue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same problem with my iPhone 5c.  Not sure when it started since I was not using the app for a few weeks.  May have been with iOS ver 10.3.3 update.  Using Fitbit ver 2.40.1(719)

Best Answer
0 Votes
I sent my fitbit back to amazon, it really wasn’t fit for purpose. I bought
a garmin vivofit with GPS instead for the same price as the fitbit and its
much better
--
Love from Sarah
Best Answer
0 Votes

Found a way around it. Since my problem was that language of the phone doesn't support Android Text to Speech.

A month ago, my Android receive 7.1 upgrade.

In 7.1 Text to Speech could be in a different language than the system language.

So if you have Android 7.1 and above change your Text to Speech to supported language.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Naftali, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have shared with us the steps you took in order for Voice cues to work on your phone. I'm sure this will be very helpful for many members in the Community facing the same situation. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer