Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice cues not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 08/14/16: Some community users have reported that their voice cues are not working or are working intermittently. Our Android team is aware and currently in the process of investigating this issue. 

If you're experiencing this issue, please help by confirming/providing the following information:

1. Are you on the latest version of the Fitbit app for Android? (latest version here)
  2. What Android OS are you currently running? (click here from your Android browser to find out)
  3. What make and model phone are you using?
  4. Please explain the steps to reproduce your issue (screenshots help as well!)

Thank you in advance.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
81 REPLIES 81

@JoeSpataro, it is a bit strange that they work only at times, before considering further options I recommend that you double check your exercise settings to make sure that voice cues is configured correctly: 

1. Open the Fitbit App and click the Account button in the bottom-right hand corner.

2. Click "Exercise Tracking" under settings.

3. Make sure that "Play During Exercise" is toggled on and that the voice cues are configured to your preferred settings.

If they are in fact configured correctly, try to turn them off and then turn them back on to reset the settings once more. I hope this helps, keep me posted.

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the advice, David
Couldn't find anything that resembled what you suggested.

I went to the general settings but I couldn't find what you said. However,
I brought up Voice Cues and summoned the pop up box in the picture
(attached). When you hit on the sound icons to the right they all work
every time. Also, when the exercise is underway, the is a button at the
upper right which lets you turn voice cues on and off. Each time you switch
it audibly announces that fact. And as I said previously, during a one hour
run with cues set to every two minutes, you'll sometimes get one or two
cues.

Very puzzling.
Any more ideas?

Thanks

Moderator edit: personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @JoeSpataro, if you have already logged out from the app, restarted the phone and logged back in and you have al followed all the steps mentioned in this thread, I do recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for more information and assistance with this. Keep me posted. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
Thank you David.

I have already contacted Customer Support twice and basically they say that
the GS7 is not on the approved list of devices and they have no further
information.

The GS7 should not have been a "surprise" to Fitbit and has been out
arguably for a couple of months. There really should be a patch by now.

Oh well, thanks again David for your help. I guess I'm stuck for now. 😞

Thanks
Joe Spataro MD, BSE
doctorjoe56@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/doctorjoe56
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Naftali @kekesaunt @Dwight123 Can you please walk me through the steps to reproduce this? It will be super helpful if you can share screenshots for the process as well. Thank you in advance!

Best Answer
From the first screen I select the running man.Next screen I select the stopwatch icon.Next screen I set walk, then time, then 5 minutes, and press arrow to get to the last screen.  I start walking but there are no voice cues.
Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

From Dashboard I select tracking option tap on the stopwatch icon and tap on the arrowhead in the screen that opens.

I tried varoius setting 4, 5, 10 minutes and 0.5 and 1 KM the voice didn't worked in none of them.
I use fitbit simultaneously with another app that does give audio feedback somtimes after I close the other app and it finished its summary I get a summary probably from fitbit but all the values stated are zero

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone -- I've merged several posts into this thread and wanted to loop back in and ask if you're still experiencing issues with voice cues?

If so, please provide me with the following information:

1. Are you on the latest version of the Fitbit app for Android? (latest version here)
  2. What Android OS are you currently running? (click here from your Android browser to find out)
  3. What make and model phone are you using?
  4. Please explain the steps to reproduce your issue (screenshots help as well!)

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

I'm one of those with voice cue problems. 

I'm using Android App version 2.33

My current phone is a Samsung Galaxy 7

The Android OS is 6.0.1

The problem actually started when I updated the Android OS on my prevous phone, a Galaxy 5. It's continued with my new phone.

It only seems to effect the voice cue when it's set to time intervals. If I have it set to miles, it seems to work OK

Best Answer
0 Votes

@msnadler Thank you for taking the time to report the exact steps to reproduce the issue and explaining that it seems to be isolated to when you're using time intervals. This will be super useful for our team who is currently investigating the issue. I will provide more updates in this thread when I hear some news from our team. Again, thank you. I appreciate the feedback.

Best Answer

I can confirm that my voice cues stopped working 4 days ago after an android update.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy A3, Android 6.0.1, Fitbit v2.34, Firmware 18.122.

I have tried rebooting, checking all volumes are on max, reinstalling, no joy. I do not want to link to another app to do what what was working fine just last week. I have not tried using distance cues as this is not sensible for HIIT.

There are no sensible screen shots to provide. Cues are set to 'on', what more do you need?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tee10823 Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I am sending your information over to our Android team working on this issue. I will make sure to provide you with an update in this thread when I receive an update on when the team is getting close to releasing a fix for this. I apologize for the inconvenience at this time but will make sure to keep you updated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.
I switched to distance based cues today and I can confirm that these did work. It is just the time based cues that do not work.

Best regards

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer

@Tee10823 I greatly appreciate your effort in trying and providing feedback. I will make sure to keep everyone updated here when I hear of a permanent fix for time based cues. Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Another thing I have just noticed....I set up my cues to give me distance and split pace only. I couldn't understand how my pace was so consistent . When I reviewed the data the split times were completely different to the voice cues. The cues had been giving me average pace not split times. I double checked my set up and it was definitely set for split times.
Best Answer
Hi there. I to ask having issues j with voice cues not working.
I have a Samsung Galaxy s5 OS Marshmallow 6.0.1
My voice cues don't work when on minutes but do work when on kilometre option.
Also the split rate and average rate after the first kilometre are the same.
Hoping you can fix this please
Best Answer
0 Votes

Split time and average time should always be the same after 1 km. To have an average of anything you need 2 readings, ie two km.
As to the voice cues, we are still waiting on a fix...........

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh, my misunderstanding then. Thought that splits would actually give me the speed I was travelling since last announcement to better give me an idea of speed I was travelling in the last half km or 2 minutes or whatever. Think this would be a way more helpful option than what is available and would tie in better with the splits in app once exercise is completed. Maybe something for Fitbit to consider

Sent from Jan's laptop
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well it still does that. I have mine set up for distance , avg pace and split pace. For the first cue, avg pace and split pace will be the same. Then they will differ. Split pace will tell you your speed since the last cue and avg pace will combine and average all previous results so you know your overall race pace.
Hope that helps.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thats one of my complaints.  I've got the same setup and my spilt pace and average pace are the same after the first km.

Sent from Jan's phone
Best Answer