Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 not tracking body fat readings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I'm having the same problem that has been reported before. I've tried all of the suggestions mentioned but still the same result.

Weight and bmi shows but body fat just shows --%

if I look in the app it says the same --% but if I look in the webversion (fitbit.com) it shows date, weight but body fat shows "hidden".

i tried to attach a screenshot but failed, it's here if you want to see it: https://imgur.com/a/rfYfd

why does it think it needs to be hidden?, BF% is turned on in the app.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

What OS are you using?  Is the app up to date?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

yes the app is up to date and I'm using android.

windows 10 and chrome when trying through fitbit.com

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tillskott It's great to see new faces in the Fitbit Community. Welcome aboard! I would like to follow up on this and would like to know if the issue persists or if your Dashboard shows your body fat percentage now. Also, let me know if your body fat readings do appear on your Aria itself.

@DramaQueenDiva Thank you for your help in this thread!

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

No, still no body fat readings, not in dashbord or aria.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tillskott Thanks for getting back! Please check out this help article under the subject "What does Aria 2 measure?" and follow the steps in order to make sure that your Fitbit app has the body fat feature enabled.

Let me know how it goes my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hi again...

so I decided to try the scale one more time and this time it measured the body fat.

that means that the scale actually works.

but.

since I hadnt used the scale in like 6 months it didnt recognize me as an user, I had to confirm by tapping top right corner but it did show my body fat.

the next day it did recognize me and it stopped working again, it showed --% body fat.

so my conclusion is that the problem is a software problem and not a hardware problem and is connected with my user profile. When the scale dont recognize me it shows the body fat but if it does recognize me, the body fat is not measured or atleast it is not shown.

When I check online it says "hidden" on the attempts which showed --% body fat on the scale and it show the actual body fat on that one time it worked.

nothing changes if I turn the body fat feature on or off.

so your developers have some debugging to do but when I read all the problem your customer post on the forum I wont hold my breath for a fix any time soon...

and FYI I already had a fitbit account when I registered my aria 2, maybe that messed things up?

Best Answer

@Tillskott Thank you for getting back! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is still unable to show your body fat percentage properly. Please make sure that your scale is placed on an even or flat surface and you are stepping on it barefoot. If these details are already covered.

On an aside note, please let me know if your body fat percentage appears on your scale itself.

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

yes, that one time it worked the scale displayed the body fat %, all other times it only shows --%

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tillskott Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

What was the solution? My aria does the same thing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the solution? I'm in the boat with the body fat % with aria 2. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

there is no solution...

Best Answer

@SedentaryRunner It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community and welcome to our Fitbit forums @OrchidBeth! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scales are not providing your body fat percentage. Please restart your scales by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, weigh yourselves 5 times in a row in order to re-calibrate the scales.

Finally, make sure that your scales are on a hard surface and you are stepping on them barefoot.

@Tillskott I'd like to follow up and would like to know if our Support team contacted you.

See you all later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems to be working now. Thank you.
--

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SedentaryRunner I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scale is working properly now. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

So went to step on it this morning and it stopped showing the body fat %
again... I’m barefoot etc... is there some particular spot my feel need to
touch? I know I’m past scales the sensors were located towards the edges.
I’d rather not have to pull the batteries out every time I want to use it.

I have just tried it 5 times in a row and it’s - -%
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbitI have taken the batteries for 15 seconds and weighed myself 5 times after, it still reads --%. Also in my web dashbord the bodyfat is also hidden in the settings for aria2. Is there some way to fix it?  aria.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still trying to figure it out... pulling all batteries out waiting 30
seconds then putting them back in helped. Then today it’s like I’m back to
square one.
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

yeah, thats what I'm trying to tell them. it's a profile bug. it hides the body fat for some reason and the body fat on/off switch doesnt work.

if the scale for some reason doesnt recognize me (like if I hold something heavy so the weight doesnt match) and don't connect me to a profile the body fat works just fine...

@JuanJoFitbit yes, support has contacted me but I need to verify my purchase, I'm trying to find my reciept so I can do that.

Best Answer
0 Votes