Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Setup Failure

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am also unable to set up my Aria.

I followed all these directions (thanks to Erich for helpfully posting):
- Take out all the batteries and wait for one minute before placing them back in.
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies.
- Check that your Wi-Fi password is correct.
- Make sure the Aria scale is within 10 feet of the router.
- Make sure the scale wireless antenna has access to the main router signal, not to an extender.
- Your router needs to be configured to standard 802.11b (for more information about this you can contact your internet provider or your router's manufacturer)

My router is in this mode right now:  Mixed accepts 802.11b and 802.11g connections.  I could have switched it to 802.11b only, but since it says it accepts 802.11b I left it in this mode.

Every time, I do the following:
1.  take out battery, replace battery after 1 minute
2.  Aria says V31 Wifi [SSID], Tap to Change
3.  I hold down lower edge, "Setup Active" appears on the scale
4.  I follow the instructions on my iPhone app, which has me log in to my Fitbit account
5.  It asks me to switch to AriaXXXX wireless network, which I do
6.  It seeks and finds my wireless network, which I select.

7.  It then asks me to switch back to my home wireless, which happens automatically on my iPhone, and then I click a button saying I am connected, and the iPhone attempts to connect to the Aria, BUT
8.  While I am doing that, and before I can get to the button, the scale says JOINING, then Wifi ERR, then goes dark.

5 attempts so far, it's packed and ready to go back pending a non-boilerplate response from Fitbit.  Any help is appreciated!

Best Answer
181 REPLIES 181
Good luck! They were extremely unhelpful when I was having my issues. I
eventually went online and bought a WIFI scale for less than $20 and have
not messed with the Aria after that. Once my Blaze quits working I’ll be
done with Fitbit. This is unfortunate since when they started they were a
great company and I praised them. Now they don’t stand behind their
products so I can’t stand behind them. I truly wish you luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JGM2019 I'm sorry for the late response. However, Since the issue persists, I will send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

@Kmelvin31 I'm sorry about the experience you had with your Aria scale. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes