Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Setup Failure

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am also unable to set up my Aria.

I followed all these directions (thanks to Erich for helpfully posting):
- Take out all the batteries and wait for one minute before placing them back in.
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies.
- Check that your Wi-Fi password is correct.
- Make sure the Aria scale is within 10 feet of the router.
- Make sure the scale wireless antenna has access to the main router signal, not to an extender.
- Your router needs to be configured to standard 802.11b (for more information about this you can contact your internet provider or your router's manufacturer)

My router is in this mode right now:  Mixed accepts 802.11b and 802.11g connections.  I could have switched it to 802.11b only, but since it says it accepts 802.11b I left it in this mode.

Every time, I do the following:
1.  take out battery, replace battery after 1 minute
2.  Aria says V31 Wifi [SSID], Tap to Change
3.  I hold down lower edge, "Setup Active" appears on the scale
4.  I follow the instructions on my iPhone app, which has me log in to my Fitbit account
5.  It asks me to switch to AriaXXXX wireless network, which I do
6.  It seeks and finds my wireless network, which I select.

7.  It then asks me to switch back to my home wireless, which happens automatically on my iPhone, and then I click a button saying I am connected, and the iPhone attempts to connect to the Aria, BUT
8.  While I am doing that, and before I can get to the button, the scale says JOINING, then Wifi ERR, then goes dark.

5 attempts so far, it's packed and ready to go back pending a non-boilerplate response from Fitbit.  Any help is appreciated!

Best Answer
181 REPLIES 181

What do you mean, go back and for between setups? Does it tell you when to do it? Because if so, Mine has never gotten that far.

Best Answer

If you are trying to set up your Aria through your desk top and you have a wireless router connected to it, the desk top is not considered wireless, as the router is connected to it.  To set up your Aria in this situation try using a different wireless connection such as a laptop or mobile device.  I used my laptop and set it up the first time I tried.  My laptop is connected to my router wirelessly.

Does this make any sense?

Best Answer
0 Votes

802.11b is the wi-fi version it's looking for, which is what came out in 1999... my current router supports g & n.... aria does not support current routers

Best Answer

wow…wish I had read this before I spent the money.   What a joke this is, all the things I have ever set up I have never had this sort of issue and walked through every step for hours. 

Freak…. going back to the store tomorrow!

Best Answer

I wish I could just take it back to the store with reciept, but I ordered it from the website and their support team is incredibly rude. 

Best Answer

Why should I lower the capablility of my router to meet the need of the scale.  My router supports 802.11B, A, C and N.  It (the scale) should work with these wifi settings but don't.  I have even tried setting my router for just B and it connects states it's connected to my network but still get "Thinking ERR" no matter what my router settings are.

Best Answer

I don't think the "Thinking ERR" is related to the WiFi. That is likely something different. I assume you have tried rebooting the scale, but you might just try moving it to a different room/floor. (Personally I suspect it is defective and needs to be replaced, I'm sure Fitbit support would be able to better tell you what needs to be done.)

Best Answer

Thanks so much.  Switched Networks.  Spent all day trying to get the scale to work because I felt like I should be able to do this and i did it before.  Wrote to customer service.  Got a canned response.  You solved the mystery--I have a G not a B router.  THanks for your help!!!!!!!

Best Answer

After trying several times to set up my Aria I finally did it. Fustrating trying with the computer so I set it up on my I phone. I had to first go into Safari in settings.  Check "never" under Block Cookies! 

Best Answer

I FINALLY got the Aria set up.  We had to get yet another router-our 3 in so many weeks.  This one said  that it supported B/G/N.  Kept getting ERR.  I don't know what posessed me to set up a guest network, but I did and I was able to connect thru it.  VERY frustrating and should not have taken as much time and effort as it did!!!!!!!!!

Phyllis

Best Answer

Yes, been sitting here for one hour trying to get the big ERR message off my perfectly set up process it tells me. Says all is fine then step on the scale and ERR. I'm goning to buy a $10 one, seems to work better. And no phone support? Yikes. 

Best Answer

@rkbdesigner I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty. If you were able to successfully setup the scale, but continually see an error after weighing yourself, then it may represent a hardware issue with the scale itself.

You can try removing and reinserting the batteries to see if this resolves the problem. If not, our Support Team at http://contact.fitbit.com would also be happy to provide you with assistance.

Sorry for the trouble!

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you say "go in to your phone settings and switch to Aria"............. what am I switching?  I have an iPhone 5 - it's connected to bluetooth and our home WiFi - cellular is off.  4 hours now and nothing is synched.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@drewsmom At the point where you are instructed to switch to the Aria's network, you should be going into your iPhone's Wireless Settings and choosing the Aria from the list. To be clear, you are choosing to connect ot the Aria in the same way that you would normally connect to your home wifi.

Once you've connected to the Aria, you'll go back to the web browser and click the button to proceed with setup. The next step will be to choose your home network from the list of available networks - effectively "introducing" the Aria to your wifi so that they can communicate.

Best Answer

My Aria will connect to my network when I have the security turned off.  Unacceptable.

Security turned on - Password correct - WiFi Err.  Any suggestions.  This is day four and still no positive result. 

I have also contacted support.  I guess they are just too busy with all of the other Aria users to answer my help request.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Piste I'm sorry you have had a difficult time in setting up your Aria. It appears that our Support Team replied to your case yesterday morning - you might need to check your spam filter if you haven't seen their email.

It sounds like you are able to connect successfully without security, and receive an error when security is enabled - that seems to indicate that either the security protocol itself or your password is causing the problem. Please make sure you are using WEP, WPA, or WPA-2 as your security method. You should also ensure that your password is 31 characters or fewer, and try removing any non-alphanumeric characters.

If you keep having difficulty, please repond to your case so that our team can offer further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Matthew,

I am in IT.  I would not have even bothered to have contacted you without carrying out the basis fault finding tasks and confirming passwords etc. 

If your team contacted me, after me raising the case, then maybe I could progress this more.  My assessment is that you are using your customers as your testers.

I will give your support team 24 more hours to contact me.  If nothing the Aria goes back and I tell all my friends not to bother with FitBit.

Best Answer

Extremely frustrated.  

Have gone through set up process at least a dozen times. 

New Wireless is only G and N so plugged old wireless in to use the 802.11b and set it up with only b to match up with Aria.

DHCP is set to On in the router configuration.

Did connection through PC with unsuccessful attempts

Did connection through iPhone with multiple successful attempts

But when I go to use the scale it does the Sensing, Thinking, Err.  That is with the scale 18 inchs from the wireless router and the wireless working fine as I am using it on my phone.  

Extremely frustrating - Sounds like I am not the only one!!!!!

Best Answer

@mikesimonson I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is displaying this error message. Please try removing the batteries for 10 seconds, reinserting them, and then weighing yourself again. If the error message persists, there may be a problem with your particular scale, which would warrant the need for a replacement. You can contact our Support Team at http://contact.fitbit.com for assistance with this process.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not getting an option to put a password in.

Plus the scales are showing that it is linked to my WIFI.

But still ERR.

This is poor.

Very disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes