Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria body fat % is wrong

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After using My Aria for 2 months, it suddenly stopped registering the correct body fat. At first my bf was 18.7% and one day when I weighed myself, it shows that I was 9.2% only. My bf lowered 11.5% over night and I knew it wasn’t right. (I weigh myself same time every morning). Also, I know how to measure bf manually using a caliper and 18.7% was right on the money. So what is the fixed for this issue. Obviously, I’m not the only one having this problem. Your quick response is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69

Did not work for me- 

FAT BODY % issues-
Anyone have any ideas other than reset Aria and stepping on 5 times to calibrate it. I have change my gender from female to male, sync'd it and changed it back to female and sync'd it. I have manually reset my body fat % online. I step on scale- body fat % still is 10% + than what it was a week ago. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all of these fixes and they have not worked. My Aria started showing a 6% body fat increase over one day (whoosh at my weight means 13 pounds of muscle turned to fat overnight) and now is showing that amount consistently. These fixes have not worked and one of them raised the body fat listed to 30%

i have reset, changed gender, changed in and out of lean mode, reset the wifi. And tried each of these steps with resetting in between and my problem is still not solved. Who should I be speaking to about an actual fix?

And before you ask, the scale is flat and I am standing on it barefoot

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Looks like this is Aria/Fitbit problem that is occurring with many of us.

So, not feeling bad, that is it just me now!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just had the same problem... I took batteries out and weighed five time but did nothing. 

So I tried full factory reset, which you can do by inserting a pin into hole on the back of the scales. I took the batteries out for ten seconds and put them in so the scales turned on and then I push the pin in until the scales turn off. Check the version number changes when it boots back up. Mine went from V39 to V37.

Go through setup again and it works now, hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Small Hack. 

If the scale is measuring your body fat too high, in my case went from 14 - 22 overnight, then you can adjust your height on your profile.

In the App on your Phone you can increase your height and save it. Then weigh yourself twice, because the the height is transferred back to the scale after the first weigh in. The BF after the second weigh in is what is your "new" height / weight combo.
Then try to find a height that bring you back to your BF with trial and error.
Also, 9' 11" does not work, must be less then that even though it is selectable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, our Aria 1 is screwed. It measures weight... but frequently deviates by more than 5 pounds. It will *NOT* record my Body Fat or BMI, and if it is, I am not allowed to see it. And it constantly lists my weight as "guest" despite having my profile set up correctly. 

I've tried removing the batteries... I've tried the reset button...

It just seems like these are enormously over-priced disposable products. 

My fitbit blaze lasted about 3 months before I had to buy a 3rd party charger... Then the watch itself only lasted about another 12 before it just stopped charging reliably at all...  

This scale only worked right for about the first 6 months we had it, purchased brand new. 

I will never buy another fitbit product again for as long as I live, and god dammit, I am going to make it my mission in life to tell every single person I know what a rotten experience we've had. 

I'm going to turn every single person I can away from buying a fitbit product...  I've already turned off about 20 people at the gym in the last month. I can easily turn 50 people a month away from their products. After that, it's numbers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is how I fixed it.  I went to Best Buy and bought a new one.  I took the one that was reading my body fat incorrectly and placed it in the box and returned it.  My new Aria 2 is now reading my body fat correctly.  

You're welcome. 

Best Answer

Same issue here and same results, removed batteries and weighed in 5 times but no luck. Still no body fat. Checked my profile, lean is not checked. How do I resolve this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same! It’s so frustrating 

Best Answer
It's honestly a **ahem**. Such a waste of money!

--
Tony

*kitchens by ANTHONY, llc*
*240.353.5993*
Best Answer
0 Votes