Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale says I am a Guest

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria scale keeps registering me as a guest.

I have gone on the website and assigned those measurements to myself with several weigh ins. The issue persists. I did every step from your help article at https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Why-is-my-scale-recognizing-me-as-a-guest

I asked FitbitSupport on twitter for what to do. They directed me to other support channels at https://twitter.com/FitbitSupport/status/671125370855292928 where I got the contact number.

Now I am on hold for Fitbit to answer. It has been over an hour and 45 minutes. While I wait, can anybody help me fix this issue with my Aria scale, please?

Holding for Fitbit support.Holding for Fitbit support.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
178 REPLIES 178

Thank you!  This did the trick for me.

Best Answer

@Kmrly I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scale is working properly now! Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board, where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Log into your fitbit account online.  Go to settings (right upper corner, icon looks like a gear)  From the dropdown, pic the scale.  This should bring up a list of weights that have been measured.  Change each one to a person registered on your scale using the dropdown arrow next to the measurement.  Now that the scale knows there is no guest with a weight like yours, it should default to knowing who you are.

Best Answer

@Rxvoyager Thank you very much for your input and contribution! I know these steps will be helpful to other users.

Catch ya later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem since adding my daughter. I even deleted her and it will not show my icon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine is on a tile floor? Problem still there

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mrmartinez Welcome to our Fitbit forums and it's great to see you here @Skyfly! I would like to know if you guys have tried restarting your scales. If you haven't, take out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, weigh yourselves 5 consecutive times and see if your scales recognize your users properly.

Let me know how it goes guys! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem and I, too, want to throw the scale across the room. 

Best Answer

@bakerylady I see that you just joined our Fitbit forums. Welcome! I'd like to help you to find a solution since your Aria is not recognizing your user. In order to fix this issue, I recommend following the troubleshooting steps that I shared in my previous post. A restart and re-calibration will refresh your scale internally.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

That link sends me to a post about Fit bit HR's setting off store security alarms. I also have the same issue but the scale sits on a flat hard surface and it has been seeing me as a guest for the past several weigh ins. I keep changing it through the website to my initials instead of the other two people that are using it but it doesn't seem to change.  Isn't there a way we can tap the scale or something to tell the scale who to assign that weight to?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Drew-The-Geek Thank you for joining us in this thread! In order to assign the weights to the correct user, please follow the instructions that are listed in this help article.

Let me know if more questions arise! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just started all over with mine new name and all. And now it's fine.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

@JuanJoFitbit wrote:

@Drew-The-Geek Thank you for joining us in this thread! In order to assign the weights to the correct user, please follow the instructions that are listed in this help article.

Let me know if more questions arise! Smiley Happy

-------

Let me clarify my previous comment.

I already know how to manually fix the issue when the scale doesn't correctly identify me. There are three people in my household and I outweigh all of them by a minimum of 50lbs. In addition, the other two people are closer in weight and the scale doesn't confuse those two. What I'm trying to figure out is how to get the scale to automatically assign the correct weight to the correct person.

I had also thought (but now can't find where I found it) that there was a way to tap the scale and change the initials to the correct one after stepping off the scale.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope, not working..I weighed myself 7 times just to be safe and each time changed my initials. It still sees me as guest. I took the battery out and reinstalled... Still nothing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yer fat **ahem** broke the scale

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@9998 I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scale is working properly now. Thank you for posting the update here.

@Drew-The-Geek Thank you for providing more details and explaining how the issue really is. Please visit this help article, which explains why the Aria recognizes a user as :Guest" and how to avoid this. If the other users are really close in their weights, they'll need to reassign the weigh ins as described in the help article since the Aria may confuse the users due to their weights that are close or similar.

@devi0124 Thank you for joining us! Thank you for troubleshooting this issue by restarting and re-installing the scale. I'd like you to make sure that your scale is placed on an even or flat surface and you are stepping on it barefoot.

@Fatdogdelux247 I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale got broken. I would like to follow up and would like to know if you have tried any troubleshooting step so I can avoid recommending the same fixes. Also, Have you restarted or re-calibrated your Aria?

See you all later!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The link you have here doesn't take you to the correct place. Please revise...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nursiegrl Thank you for getting back! I reviewed the link and it actually re-directs to the article that explains why the Aria may recognize users as "Guests".

On an aside note, have the other users to check their personal information (height, weight and gender) in their Dashboards. If they're really close to each other's weight, then they'll need to reassign their weights manually so the scale can learn their weights.

Keep me posted if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have manually reassigned my weigh ins for weeks and deleted all obsolete ones and it is still not recognizing me.  The aria  now (thanks to recent pregnancy weight) thinks I am my husband.  This did not happen when I gained weight during my last pregnancy. It is something to do with the charge hr.

I have also deleted myself as a user and added the aria to my account again. No luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kmas1 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is still unable to recognize your user even though you have followed the correct process to reassign your weigh ins. If you haven't done so, please restart and re-calibrate your Aria by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. Once this has been done, weigh yourself 5 consecutive times and let me know if your scale recognizes your user properly.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer