Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria won’t connect to Xfinity Modem

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A while back I got a new modem and my Aria will not connect to it. I read through the troubleshooting on here, and made the necessary changes. My password is alphanumeric with no special characters and is set up as 802.11 b,g,n and STILL won’t connect. I haven’t had this scale for even a year and it’s a major hassle. Any other ideas on getting this to work? I’ve already had to get a replacement Charge 2 after 13 months and I’m really not wanting to spend money on the new Aria. It’s really awful that this is being sold knowing how difficult it is to connect to WiFi. 

Best Answer
120 REPLIES 120

I have the very same problem.   Scales will  not work with Comcast Modem.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem also.

Best Answer

@reamer @lindas93

I emailed customer support and got a solution  that actually worked! Here’s what they said to do:

We've received an update from our engineers and they've created a work around that might fix the inconvenience that our customers are experiencing with the Aria scale and Comcast/Xfinity routers.

In order to do so, we'd like you to follow the instructions below:
Once logged in, visit https://internet.xfinity.com/more
Edit WiFi settings under "Additional Settings"
Click on 2.4 frequency edit button.
Select g/n, hit save.
When the screen refreshes, click edit again, select b/g/n and hit save.
Stand on scale
We hope this gets you back on track with your Aria. Please let us know if you still need assistance setting up your Aria.

Sincerely,
Alex B. and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer

@Erin5550 @reamer Thanks for joining our Fitbit Community and it's great to see you in the Community also @lindas93!

Thanks a lot @Erin5550 for sharing the workaround that advised our Support team and I'm glad to hear that it worked for you. I recommend following those workarounds @lindas93 @reamer since those troubleshooting steps are specifically for Comcast and X/finity routers.

I'll be around if more assistance is needed my friends! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
Have you gotton yours fixed yet snd if so how did you to it. Thankd

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I called Fitbit customer support and they stepped me through the solution.

Once logged in visit https://
internet.xfinity.com/ more
Edit WiFi settings Advanced Settings
Click on 2.4 frequency edit button
Select g/n and save
When the screen refreshes, click edit again, select b/g/n and save
Stand on the scale

You should now be able to go through the WiFi setup procedure
Best Answer

@reamer Thanks for getting back! Regarding your question, I want to follow up and would like to know if you have tried the troubleshooting steps that recommended @Erin5550 and @lindas93. If the issue persists, don't hesitate to get back and I'll be happy to assist you accordingly.

@lindas93 I'm so glad to hear that you were able to set up your Aria scale! Thanks for sharing the workaround that you tried.

See you guys later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unbelievable. Now the stupid thing won’t sync. It worked for 2 days. This product is NOT worth the money and time spent. So, so frustrating. 

Best Answer

@Erin5550 I'm sorry to hear that your Aria has stopped working. I know how frustrating this is for you. However, I want to turn that bad experience into a good one. Please let me know the following: Did your Aria stop syncing your data? Did it stop turning its display on? Is it providing wrong readings? This info will help me to provide a concrete solution.

Looking forward to your response my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

It quit syncing data. The scales turns on and weighs properly. 

Best Answer
Fitbit support solved my problem. Thank you for reaching out!
Best Answer

This absolutely worked after changing this setting several times. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Erin5550 Thanks for getting back! Since you mentioned that your scale stopped syncing your data, I'll forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution for you. Please keep an eye on your email account since they'll reach you via email.

@lindas93 @Sunnydaydreams I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scales are working properly now! Thanks for posting the update here.

See you all later my friends! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

after about three hours of frustration. This simple fixed worked.... turn it off and back on again

Best Answer

I wish I could say this was a permanent fix, but the scale wontwsyc once again. No effort to reconnect has been made yet. This is getting really frustrating. I'll try something soon, but a definitive fix from Fitbit & Xfinity would be preferable.

Best Answer

Hi! I've done this over and over and it still won't sync.  I've spent hours on this and honestly, I'm fed up and done with this product.  I was online with a fitbit rep for over an hour and we got disconnected in our chat.  Please, fitbit. contact me to help. 

Best Answer

I did this same exact thing and it did NOT work for me.  Please contact me, fitbit.  I am beyond frustrated and I'm just about done with you and this product!!

Best Answer

I did this an it does not work.  Please help, fitbit customer service people.

Best Answer

@Cashgrinder I noticed that you joined our Fitbit Community recently. Welcome aboard! I'm so glad to hear that your Aria connected with your network properly. Thank you for posting the update here.

@Sunnydaydreams Please try the workaround that share @prncssgeek in her post. That's a great troubleshooting step that is very helpful. If the issue persists, let me know the make and model of your router.

@campbek I was able to get in touch with our Support team and the'll reach you via email. Please keep an eye on your email inbox and the'll be glad to follow up.

I'll be around if you have doubts my friends! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes