Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria won’t connect to Xfinity Modem

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A while back I got a new modem and my Aria will not connect to it. I read through the troubleshooting on here, and made the necessary changes. My password is alphanumeric with no special characters and is set up as 802.11 b,g,n and STILL won’t connect. I haven’t had this scale for even a year and it’s a major hassle. Any other ideas on getting this to work? I’ve already had to get a replacement Charge 2 after 13 months and I’m really not wanting to spend money on the new Aria. It’s really awful that this is being sold knowing how difficult it is to connect to WiFi. 

Best Answer
120 REPLIES 120

Hello Fitbit - Im having trouble connecting to my Aria Scale - tried adjusting the advance settings to g.n. No difference, still disconnected.  Please help.

Best Answer

@jennysundar It's great great to see you in the Fitbit forums! I's sorry to hear that changing the protocol to g/n didn't get your Aria scale connected. I would like you to change the protocol from g/n back to b/g/n and try the setup process one more time. If this doesn't work either, let me know what is the make and model of your router.

Catch you later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still need assistance.  It is not connecting still.

Best Answer

Does the scale only have the ability to use Wireless B?  If so that's pretty sad.   In addition to b/g/n the new Xfinity Router has 2.4 and 5ghz now and a lot of these iOT devices only have 2.4.  If your SSID is the same for both 2.4 and 5ghz the router or your device must automatically decide which to use.  So if the device you're using to configure the scale is on 5ghz it won't work.  You can assign 2.4 and 5 their own SSID and choose them manually on the router.  The solution you provided worked for me so thank you for sharing it.

After enabling the b/g/n option I noticed the router creates an unsecure wifi SSID most likely for the B Network because it only supports WEP security.  I couldn't find a way to secure it so I had to set it back to g/n only and the scale doesn't work again.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@Rayvanlear @garyanti Thank you both for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! If your Aria scales are still unable to connect with your networks, please take a look at Kate's post since she shared a workaround and an update about this issue.

On an aside note, the Aria scale connects with protocols 802.11b or b/g/n only and bandwidth 2.4GHz.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just "upgraded" to a new higher speed, higher capacity xfinity modem/wireless gateway, model: "CGM4140COM".   But when I go to advanced settings and edit the 2.4 GHz band, it already set to "g/n".   Even if I re-save, no "b/g/n" option appears.   The only security setting available besides "WPA2-PSK (AES) is "Open".   Even if I set it to "Open" mode temporarily,  still no b/g/n option appears.  But in the long run, an "open" network is not acceptable.

So has anyone gotten the fitbit Aria to connect securely to the wifi on the "CGM4140COM"?    I suppose one could hang an older wifi router off the new gateway.   But better if there's a firmware or other kind of fix to get the two talking.  

Thanks for any ideas...

Peter

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pwood I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is not connecting with your network. Our team is actively looking into this. We don't have a timeline for a release of a solution. However, I appreciate your patience and understanding with this.

Keep me posted if more questions arise! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, @JuanJoFitbit

I did follow the advice in this thread and was able to get the scale to
work by enabling b/g/n on 2.4ghz however by doing so it created an unsecure
SSID on my Comcast router. I looked for a way to secure it and couldn't
find a way. I'm using the default security that Comcast had
configured WPA2-PSK
(AES) and I'm guessing that B isn't compatible with this security setting
so it creates an open (unsecure) channel. I'm not ok with leaving an open
wifi on my network. I'm shocked that Fitbit built the scale to only use
802.11B seeing that protocol was nearly extinct when I bought the scale.

I resolved the issue by using a Linksys E1200 Router set to mixed mode with
WPA2 Personal Security and the scale was able to connect to that.

I read the Aria2 is compatible with new protocols. It's a shame the Aria1
can't be updated with a firmware update or something.

Thanks again,
Gary

Best Answer

@garyanti I totally understand your discomfort to leave your WiFi open. The Aria 1 was built to work with "b" protocols. However, I'm glad to hear that you connected it to a Linksys router and it's working properly.

Thank you so much for your feedback and your update.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create your own topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried to use the fix posted previously for the Xfinity router... and now I am unable to change the frequency through xfinity.. this is from the FAQ portion of their website:

"Why am I no longer able to view/change some advanced settings?

If you don't see the 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi settings (WiFi Mode, Channel Selection, and Channel Mode) in Advanced Settings, this means these settings are now being managed automatically to help optimize your home network and provide the best performance possible. Additionally, if you have xFi Pods, you won't see your 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi networks listed separately. Pods require that you only have one WiFi network name and password, so that all of your devices can seamlessly connect to the network that will provide the best WiFi signal at any given time."

Is there another work around? my scale goes into the "joining" phase, then says "WIFI ERR" when I use my iPhone, When I use my MAC computer the app goes through the whole set up as if I am connected but the scale still says "WIFI ERR"

thanks in advance!

Best Answer

I talked with xfinity tech support, and while they claim their new router supports 802.11b, we couldn't get it working.  

So I am back to trying hanging my old router of off the xfinity one.   It almost worked.   On my first try, i connected to the aria, the aria listed a bunch of networks, including the ssid of the old wifi network.  Yay!   But I made a typo in the password.  Ugh.

When I went to try it over again, I connect to the Aria wifi okay again, and it gets to the point where the app says searching for networks, But then it hangs with no results.   The aria screen is saying "Setup Active"...     Repeated tries hang at the same point.   Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@anjmanda Welcome to the Fitbit forums and it's great to see you @pwood! I totally understand your frustration about the connection issues between your Xfinity routers and your Aria scales. A fix is being looked by our Support team and expect to update when a fix is released.

Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try clearing your browser cache or use incognito mode. Its possible the
bad password was cached and it keeps trying to use it.
Best Answer

Please add me to the list of frustrated Aria users with this problem.  My Aria worked fine until I got a new Comcast Router.  I followed all of the tips listed and "was successful" in getting it to connect after hours of trying on phone, tablet, and Mac however after 2-3 days it stopped syncing again and I am unable to get reconnected.

I get constant WIFI Err after selecting the ip address that worked previously on the same Comcast Router.

I can see by the number of posts that this is not isolated to my Aria & understand Fitbit is looking for a solution to this issue. I'm a longtime Fitbit user (3 trackers and 1 scale) and hope this can be resolved. I enjoy how the Aria can sync with my other fitness apps but I have wasted far too much time on this issue.

Best Answer

So either Fitbit needs to update the scale firmware so we can use these again, or start sending everyone an old linksys router to connect to our home wifi and unsecure our networks. Great. 

Pick one. 

There has been no movement on fitbit trying to find a solution to this issue. 

Multiple people (obviously) want thisissue resolved. 

Don’t wait anymore fitbit. This is ridiculous. 

Best Answer

@garyanti Thank you so much for the workaround you shared. This is a good tip and insight as well.

@SunsetRunner @CarltonK I noticed that you both joined our Fitbit forums recently. Welcome aboard! I definitely understand that this is frustrating. Thank you very much for your feedback and patience with this. Our team is actively working on a fix to this issue and we appreciate your time with this.

I'll be around if any question arises!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue as everyone else, tried on my phone, then my laptop, online chat with customer support and the work around in this string, there was 1 sync and then it stopped working again within an hour. Then attempted again today with no luck.

Please fix!

Best Answer

@maxsmom1 It's great to see new faces in the Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale stopped connecting with your network as well. I'll make sure to forward your feedback to our team since they're still looking into a fix that we expect to have released. I appreciate your understanding with this.

Keep me posted if any question arises!

Best Answer

My Aria scale has connected since Feb 2018.  I've called Customer Service twice with no luck, just directions on how to change my router protocol.  I switched internet providers from Xfinity/Comcast to Sonic Gigabit Fiber, I spoke to their C/S team and all protocol needs are met. 

Still no luck!  I as many others are frustrated with re-setting 50 plus times and still no luck!  Fitbit, I strongly advise that you find a resolution to this. I've been a Fitbit customer since 2013 and with the number of email notifications and complaints listed on your site.  This seriously needs to be addressed or you will lose more customers.  

Best Answer

@jennysundar Let me help you with the connection issue that your Aria is experiencing. I understand your frustration with this. Please let me know if you get any error during the setup process. Also, make sure that your router runs the bandwidth in 2.4GHz and your WiFi password is alphanumerical only.

This info will help me to assist you accordingly.

Thank you for your reply! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes