Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria won’t connect to Xfinity Modem

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A while back I got a new modem and my Aria will not connect to it. I read through the troubleshooting on here, and made the necessary changes. My password is alphanumeric with no special characters and is set up as 802.11 b,g,n and STILL won’t connect. I haven’t had this scale for even a year and it’s a major hassle. Any other ideas on getting this to work? I’ve already had to get a replacement Charge 2 after 13 months and I’m really not wanting to spend money on the new Aria. It’s really awful that this is being sold knowing how difficult it is to connect to WiFi. 

Best Answer
120 REPLIES 120
Please read all the other posts. I of course was connected to 2.5 but also have the option on my router for 5.0 and it will connect one time after several attempts and then it stops working and I have to start all over again. If you don’t have a fix in place I’m not going to try again and waste Anymore time

Val
Best Answer

Same issue and the discussion thread I I originally posted in appears to be locked.

The problem is that the Aria 1 was built to use 802.11 b,g,n and was not configured to grow as technology did. So the company built the Aria 2 which used g,n.

Now they are discontinuing both, most likely due to the hassle of the devices not working, or working but not being able to connect to the internet to update the application.

I would think since Bluetooth was required for both, someone could have built the ability for that to update a device directly without requiring it to connect to the internet, sort of like wireless charging, but I guess that could make the data less secure or isn't something that can be done.

Customers who are not tech savvy can't do this. To have to jump through hoops like @garyanti had to do is rediculous and unacceptable.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Yay!  Three hours of trying and this fix actually worked!

Best Answer

I called 1 800 Comcast.  The also have to update your Network Name (SSID). I too have been struggling with this for months.  Fitbit had me change the mode as well.  Great!  Comcast updated my Network Name.  It took all but two minutes to connect my scale.  I said I'd never been happier to step on a scale in my life. lol.  Good Luck all.

JuanJoFitbit,

I contacted Fitbit they suggested I change the mode.  They guided me there.  Once in, I went to save the information.  It said I needed to change my Network Name (SSID).  I call 1800 Comcast. (technical Support).  The said there was an update and SSID numbers had to be changed in the system.  Certain items were not allowed any longer.  They helped me update all the Network issues and waited while I connected my scale. Wooo Hoo. Took about 2 minutes and everything worked AND synced.  All that other trouble people are going through (including me) and it wasn't necessary.  FItbit had the right answer.  Comcast had the fix.  Comcast needs to notify their customers of the needed change to their network ID's.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@maxsmom1 Thank you for trying all the troubleshooting steps that were recommended previously. This issue is currently being worked on by our team. We'll post new updates here when we receive something new. Thank you for your patience and understanding with this.

@safoote @Stone520 I'm so glad to hear that the issue was resolved and your Aria scales connected properly. Thanks for posting the update in this thread.

If anything comes up, feel free to post it!

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
Solution only lasted a day. Scale telling me to set up. 

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer

@Stone520 I'm sorry to hear that your Aria is experiencing the same issue. Our team is currently working on a fix for to this issue and expect to have an update soon. I appreciate your patience and understanding with this.

Let me know if you have any doubts! 

Best Answer

I have tried this a few times, getting the same results as everyone else.  Comcast is no help either.  

I just wonder if there is a way around this ... like is there a small piece of equipment I can purchase to make this work?  Something that can be the go between for the router and the scale. 

My scale has been down for a year or more ... i am ready for it to work again. 

Any help gladly accepted. 

Thanks! 

Best Answer

When will be workaround work. My Aria scale has not worked since March. When I changed the router to 802.11b the other devices stopped working. Come on, it’s so frustrating to read how many hours your customers have spent on trying to get the scale to sync. I’ve spent hours on it myself. The scale still works, it just doesn’t sync.

Why does it have to be this HARD!

Best Answer

@smileychelle34 It's great to see you in the forums and welcome aboard @sjksjk! Since you guys have experienced connection issues with your Aria scale, please check out my post in this thread since I shared a workaround and an update about this issue, for Comcast routers specifically.

I'll be around if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Another unsatisfied fitbit product owner. I too cannot get the Aria to connect with a Comcast router. The newest router from Comcast does not have 802.11b/g/n but only 802.11g/n. Quite sad this scale cannot be upgraded with semi modern technology. On top of the archaic technology, the wifi password can only be alphanumeric, come on really fitbit. 

I'm even more frustrated with and have an open complaint about the Blaze HR and its inability to enter into stopwatch or timer mode while working-out. Simple functionality to add, yet so distant Fitbit wont comment on fixing it. 

Fitbit, please do better.....

Best Answer

@joeburnside Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I understand your frustration with the syncing issues between your Aria scale and Comcast. Please take a look at my post in this thread where I shared an update about this issue.

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My scale has not worked since December 2016. The "solution" involving changing the modem to b/g/n works for maybe a day or not at all.

At this point I do not trust there is a solution in the works. Been saying that way too long.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I see people have kept their scales even after an entire year. Why not reimburse us all until you figure it out. Then, maybe we would consider Fit bit again later. I'll get another brand of scale while I sit and observe while you find a fix.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shadowagent @Stone520 I definitely know how you feel about this and our team is actively reviewing this issue. I suggest you to keep an eye on this thread since any update available regarding this issue, will be posted there.

I truly appreciate your feedback and understanding about this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've heard for months about this Fix coming from Fitbit. I've been trying for 6 months to get this fixed. No permanent fix has been made. When will this be released or is the fix going to be the aria 3 scale that uses the most current tech but we have to spend another $130 to fix the problem?

Best Answer

This fix only last for 5 mins. Then it won’t connect again. I really want to upgrade my scale but honestly if it doesn’t connect to WiFi then I don’t want to spend that extra money. 

I do hope y’all can get this fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MoparElmo @smileychelle34 Thank you for getting back! Our team is aware of the issue with Comcast, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you guys were hoping for.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I go to the 2.4 WiFi edit on my infinity website, there are no options but editing name..no g/n 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NonniT Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Regarding the connection issue that your Aria is experiencing with your Xfinity router, our team is aware of this and they're currently reviewing this issue. We expect to let you all know once a solution is available.

Thank you for your patience and understanding with this.

Best Answer
0 Votes