Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Something went wrong" during Aria Air setup

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There has been a consistent difficulty with setting up the Aria Air scale since Fitbit moved to Google. When attempting to pair the device, an error occurs. Scale issue.jpg 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
419 REPLIES 419

i have sent an email to customer service as that they should give compensation for the issues we are having with this product  and this is the reply i got

Please note that currently we don't have any discount or voucher for a new purchase (Fitbit scales), but you can check at out website as in some occasions, we release promotions for new purchase, (we cannot guarantee you that the scale will have any discount but you can check for it). You may consult our web store for further details: https://www.fitbit.com/store. You can also send us a screenshot of the promotion you got to further investigate.  

why would i buy a new product when this one does not work...

they should give everyone a free year of the Pro service 

will let you know how i make out 

Best Answer

Has anyone posted reviews on Google, Amazon, Yelp, etc of this defective product? Google knows the product does not work, but continues to sell it with the knowledge it doesn't work. Since Google won't warn people of its fraud, I think it's incumbent on us to do so.

Best Answer

I get the same feeling. I got the scale free of charge from Scan healthcare so I’m not out any money but I just wish I hadn’t migrated my existing Fitbit account to Google! Now this is just a “scale” that’s not Smart in any way!

Best Answer

Very well said!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know another thread was already made, but it was flagged as resolved when it really hadn’t been, so I thought I should start a new one that doesn’t show up as “resolved” in the first Google search for this issue. When setting up through the app, the scale is found! But then immediately after that, an error message pops up saying that something went wrong and to try again. Trying again never works. I’ve tried restarting the phone, the app, uninstalling/reinstalling the app, removing a battery for 10 sec, resetting the scale, turning Bluetooth on and off, but nothing has worked. I’ve contacted support and am waiting for an email reply… If anyone with a Google Fitbit account has had success connecting the Aria Air to the Fitbit app on an iPhone, please let me know how you did it! Thanks all 🙂

Best Answer

another day an nothing is fixed   i think we should bomb the tech help  phone line and demanding help  maybe just maybe they will realize something is wrong 

right now out of sight out of mind

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy. So many disgruntled and angry consumers. What is Fitbit doing about these because it is totally destroying its credibility? 

Best Answer

I appreciate you doing this! I was tempted myself. 

This seems to be the unresolved "resolved" thread for people who want to review the posts for information:
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Aria-Scales/quot-Something-went-wrong-quot-during-Aria-Air-setup/td-...

PLEASE DO NOT mark this thread as resolved until there is a fix. 

I've spent hours talking to customer service over the last month. 
Based on what most people are saying it seems like this is an app issue and there is nothing wrong with the scale--- and more than likely a result of the google transition or a bad update. 

If you call in ask for an escalation reference number. 
Do not let them convince you to use the warranty or buy a new device. People are saying the replacement devices aren't working either. When they push the warranty or discounts on a new device its because they have no solution and just want you off the line. Ask for an escalation and follow-up yourself because they will not follow up with you even if they say they will because they have no real solutions besides basic troubleshooting. Ask them if there's a way to send them pictures and they should send you an email--- send them a picture of the specific error message in the app.  The phone folks aren't able to resolve it themselves so be patient with them--- it sounds like they've been getting bombarded with issues specifically about this on the Aria team. I've been calling weekly to make sure my escalation is not closed. Make it clear you just want to see if there's updates with the escalation to not waste their time... I think they're trained or have a script to try and make you redo the exact same troubleshooting things every time you call but its not fair to you or their time since that takes like half an hour. 

If anyone else has learned anything from customer service I'd love to hear. 

Best Answer

I have literally tried everything listed on multiple threads and nothing worked. Such an annoyance I gave up and will search for other compatible apps and even purchase a new scale of need be. Wasted 2 hours!!!  Nothing should be this difficult.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I put the new batteries in, and get the scale on, I do not get the set up menu on my scale. It goes straight to numbers. This is the first time I’ve ever used it. Tried putting new batteries in because with the batteries that came with it, I did not get the set up menu either! I keep getting something went wrong when I try to sync it. Should I uninstall the Fitbit app and try to sync it with something other than Google? Will that work??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can we get an update on this issue? It's been a fortnight since your last post, so something must have happened.

Best Answer

This experience has definitely made me not want to do business with Fitbit or Google. I used to love the company now I’ll probably buy an Apple Watch when my inspire 2 kicks the bucket. Planning on returning the scale if it’s not resolved soon. 

Best Answer
Now the watches are having issues after the last update
Best Answer

uh oh! Not good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been waiting since mid-June. Don't hold your breath.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Returned it today, hope this issue gets resolved for those who choose to keep the scale. Good luck.

Best Answer

Hi LizzyFitbit,

It's been 6 weeks since your last post, any news. Marking the post 'Best Answer' does not help new users know about the problem, removing the product from sale until it is fixed will. All marking the post as 'Best Answer' does is remove it from the queue. I bought this product after the issues were known, but as a user I did not know of this issue until after I had bought it and found it did not work. Sending product back is an option apart from the fact you have to pay postage. If Fitbit care about their customers they will provide  free post details for return. I will also be returning my sense 2 watch at the same time as this was bought as a package.

Best Answer

Hi Fitbit Team,

The last update on here is nearly two months old.  My Aria Air arrived today (I was not aware of set-up issues) and I am getting exactly the same error messages (device found, but something went wrong) as the people reporting this issue two months ago.

Is there an update?  Can we expect this issue to be resolved soon?

Thank you!

Best Answer

Vollastfan, please click on the button in the 'Answer' at the top that says 'affected me too'.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner - I can't.  Perhaps, because the thread is marked as "answered"?

Best Answer
0 Votes