Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Changing WiFi on Aria

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I keep trying to re-setup my Aria to new WiFi. I get all the way to the step where it has you remove batteries from the scale and tap to put it in Setup Active mode. However, my computer doesn't recognize the step as being accomplished. Each time I hit Next, it shows the same instructions to remove batteries, but the scale is already in Setup Active mode. How do I move on to continue syncing? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@MorganLee If your scale was previously set up to a network, you'll have to do the "Tap to change" step since it still remembers the old network. You can view the instructions on our help site by going here. 🙂

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

@MorganLee If your scale was previously set up to a network, you'll have to do the "Tap to change" step since it still remembers the old network. You can view the instructions on our help site by going here. 🙂

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer

When pressing both the bottom left & right corners of the scale to change the network, make sure the Aria is on a table (as shown in the video) in the fitbit article @AndrewFitbit suggested.

In case of doing this while having the Aria on your lap for example, it may not register the pressing (tried that several times before).. Cat Embarassed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Per my post, I've removed the batteries and done the simultaneous  corner tap on the scale.

The screen on scale has changed to read Setup Active.

However, when I hit Next on my computer it does not move forward in the process.

I've repeated this multiple times. It does not work.

Best Answer

@MorganLee

Feel free to contact the Fitbit Support Team: India | United Kingdom | United States

Optionally check out Returns & Warranty before contacting support.

Mention what you've already tried to speed things up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks a lot. The manual only says "Tap to change", and tapping the weights display or any where else does not help. So your tip about tapping once on the lower left and right corner actually put the weight in the "Setup-mode". This should definitely be a part of the manual from Fitbit. Again, Thanks!

Best Answer

I am having trouble as well. When I push both the bottom corners and pot it into active mode, it does not give me a list of WiFi networks to choose from. My scale is saying Networks Detected, but it’s not Giving me the option on my phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Emarie571:

Did you get your Aria sorted? I having exactly the same issues.

Thank you

Best Answer
Yes. It took a number of attempts. Make sure you’re connecting to a lower frequency WiFi (2.4). Even with that I just had to keep repeating. I ended up switching to a Withings because of how difficult the Aria was and lack of features. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, I am grateful. It certainly isn't easy with Aria.

Best to you for 2019.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mikegunnill Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I would like to follow up on the setup issues you've experienced with your Aria scale. I would like to know what's the make and model of your router. Also, let me know if you are getting any error message during the setup process.

@MorganLee Thank you so much for sharing your feedback!

See you later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, I am grateful.

The router is provided by PlusNet ( UK ), which they call the PlusNet Hub One. A dual router 2.4/5Ghz. In my setup I have disabled WIFI from the router and use BT Whole House Wifi, which has 3 separate units providing mess WIFI.

I don't receive any error messages, and I receive a < connecting >on the web page, which doesn't move from there. At no point am I offered the chance to change my WIFI settings or my password which of course I need to do, because the scales are still on my previous network.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mikegunnill Thank you for getting back! I would like to know if the issue persists or if your Aria scale could connect properly.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday ( 4/1/2019 ) I managed to connect my scales to my WIFI.  I did this by reenabling the 2.4 Ghz band on my old router. This provided the access to link my scales. Certainly not an easy process but all ok now ( I hope ).

Thank you for your message

Mike

Best Answer

@mikegunnill I'm so glad to hear that you managed to resolve the issue. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

same problem please help......!

i'm not getting a Tap to change message?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found after several weeks, the only way to make the system work was to activate 2.4 Ghz on my router. I had turned off the WIFI signal after buying three WIFI units. These worked on 2.4 & 5Ghz. FitBit it appears only works on 2.4GHz only. That is the key! 

Once I did this, I saw options on the process I hadn't seen before. This worked for me. So now I have a 2.4 Ghz Wifi signal from my old router and my new system with a mix of 2.4 & 5 Ghz.

Good luck

Mike

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is exactly my issue right now. Making me crazy!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The key to making it work is a good 2.4 GHz WIFI signal if possible without a 5GHz signal. I think FitBit will have to change from 2.4GHz in time but at the moment that's the way it works.

The trouble is when my scales were not working, I missed them. I think personally more support should be offered as these are not cheap scales to purchase!

Good luck and don't give in

Mike

Best Answer
0 Votes

@scalesux @Bellificent Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response. However, I would like to follow up on this issue and would like to know what is the make and model of your router. Also, make sure that your routers are running the protocol 802.11b and bandwidth 2.4GHz as @mikegunnill mentioned above.

These details can be verified with your Internet service provider.

See you guys around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes