Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Firmware Release - 17.8.301.8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Firmware version 17.8.301.8 - Resolves a syncing issue with Apple iOS version 10.2

Workout mode missing? Not a problem! Just follow the steps for adding it back

Hey everyone! Robot Happy

We're rolling out a new update for Blaze, release notes below: 

• In addition to call, text, and calendar event notifications, thirdpartyapps.jpgyou can receive notifications from email and other third-party apps on your tracker.Common emojis also appear. Keep in mind all notifications currently on your tracker will be deleted after the update.
  • You can receive reminders to move throughout the day.
  • Five new clock faces are available. Navigate to your device settings and check them out!

Moment.pngCircuit.pngAce.pngNautical.pngArgyle.png

This release also resolves the following issue:

• Some users reported that auto-brightness was too dim or delayed.

Important to note: A sync is required after a manual shutdown or a battery drain in order to show the correct time on Blaze. This is especially important for your activity tracked by Blaze because you'll want to make sure it's associated with the current date and time.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
895 REPLIES 895

After update my workout mode is missing, how to get back this exercise?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Open the app, remove workout from the exercises, sync. Then select it again and sync. Now it should be back.

Best Answer
Your update and your device is a little quirky. Despite the improvements I still have the same old connection problems. The phone disconnects from the device at least 5 times a week. I follow your instructions sometimes connects and sometimes it doesn't. Other times I have to unpair a device and download the app again. One of the things I noticed is I work in an area where I do not carry my telephone with me. At the end of the day when my telephone and the device join, it always is disconnected. This is getting old and it needs to be fixed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please Support Thai Language so it will be the greatest fitness tracker EVER!

Best Answer

@vik2389 Your issues and mine are exactly the issues that are proverbial elephants in the room that FitBit do not wish address at this point in time, especially when they have a new flagship device being paraded in time for Christmas.

Since the update we have had the time sync issue and now battery issue, whereas before my battery lasted 5 days  before charging, I get 3/4 days at best.

Software say it hardware issue, and hardware say it is a software issue, but yet it's a product they stand by with their name on it. We don't want to hear excuses or be pushed pillar to post, we just need it rectified as it was before the update. At least give us the opportunity to rollback back to previous version, even if mean losing the infernal new clock faces.

Best Answer
I completed the update, checked off the notifications I want to receive, but now I do not receive notifications for text messages or phone calls. I have reset my phone, my fit bit, and still nothing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Before the recent update, I could "shut down" my Blaze overnight and the correct time would appear the next morning.  Now, I need to "sync" after each "shut down."  What if I was away from my laptop computer for a few days and I had no way of charging my Blaze; there's nothing I can obviously do to get "back on track."  dan from sonora  california

Best Answer

There is no need to switch it off. Leave it on and you don't have to sync it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would, normally, "shut-down" my Blaze at night to conserve battery power.  Of course, I know, now, that I need to re-sync each morning.  What if I don't have my laptop with me when I'm "away" for a few days and I need to recharge my Blaze's battery?

Best Answer

If you leave the Blaze on the table a few seconds later the HR is switched off. So I don't think that it saves so much more battery if it is completely switched off.

I don't know where you are at the moment. But if you have your phone connected to mobile data or WiFi you can sync your Blaze by opening the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@The_Lion wrote:

Open the app, remove workout from the exercises, sync. Then select it again and sync. Now it should be back.

Thanks it works. Now i reliaze still go a lot exercise can add.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, 

I would to suggest for the next improvement..

1. Can set directly alarm from device.
2. How if fitbit blaze with android phone can answer or reject the call?
3. Fitbit blaze can be a shutter for phone camera, gopro, and another device.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes
@danfromsonora any UL approved USB charger, think of the phone charger, will work to charge your fitbit.
@karagenan with an iOS phone your able to answer or reject calls. Yes your number 3 has always been a feature, you might need to set the camera app to use volumn counter as a shutter releas
Best Answer
0 Votes
Had some issues since updating this & the ios10 version of app at same time. Sleep is now way too undersensitive (even though same sensitivity is selected). Selecting the stronger sensitivity makes it way too sensitive.

Step counter is way too sensitive even though same settings are selected (dom. wrist), which totally over inflates steps and the resulting calorire prediction. Nice features in update, but it looks like they have tinkered with the detection algorthms which now make the fitness data relatively meaningless.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Does anyone else have the following problems?

1. With the app notifications screen whereby an icon comes across as a white square and is not really tied to any app. How to remove this erroneous app in the app notification screen?
2. Intermittent failure to receive app notifications? How to resolve this issue?

Thanks.
Best Answer
Yes I have the same issue in the app notifications screen I have the black white entry as well as a list of apps which are no longer on my iPhone. How can I remove these from the list?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry above should say blank white not black white entry in app notification list
Best Answer
0 Votes
Since I update to this new version my fitbit blaze notification is a disaster never get call notification I don't know why I did all the step necessary for to get notifications and I get all except call notification is frustrating please doing something is a very expensive product
Best Answer

I'm having two problems after the update to Blaze:

1. Similar to othes, the only notification I am getting is for calls. I do not get text notifications anymore. I have them checked ON in the app.
  2. The last two days the calorie count has been greatly overstated. Note: I also have a Charge HR that sits on my desk untouched: On Tuesday I went to bed and my calorie count was under 3k. When I sysnced in morning App reported I had burned 4k!  Last night I hit my goal of 3250 calories just before bed (went to bed at 10:30). When I synced up this morning, App said I burned 3900.  So in essence it says I burned 650 calories in the 90 minutes I was sleeping?
Best Answer
0 Votes