Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not syncing Run exercises

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 7/6/17

Yesterday, there was a fix released that resolved this issue. Now that I have confirmation that this was resolved, I'm going to close this thread. If this pops up again in the future, please create a new post to report the issue. 

Thanks everyone for your patience! It is always appreciated. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 6/29/17

Thanks everyone for your patience while this was being investigated. Our team was able to identify the problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when the fix will be released. Once the fix is released I will update this thread again. 

Fitbit Update: 6/14/17

Some Blaze users have reported that their run exercises initiated on the tracker are not syncing over to the Fitbit app or web dashboard. 

Our team is aware of this issue and currently investigating the root cause. Thanks to all who have reported this. I will post any updates on this thread when there is more information available.  

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
389 REPLIES 389

Agree - I have the same problem - RUNS not being synced but WALKs are. Problem started a week ago. Been fine for years before - FYI

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue wrote:

@Unojohn wrote:

My exercise just showed up at 12:56pm.  --run was at 6am.

@no John this could be caused by server load, what else I don't know, but I don't think it is related to this thread. 

Just a note, I've had my sleep not show up until a half dozen syncs and 16 hours later. 

reply------------I was just noting that for the past two days--run were not immediate--on Tuesday it showed up almost 12 hours later, on Wednesday showed up almost 7 hours later.  

Today my exercise showed up immediately after sync.  It was not weights and not running.  So maybe Rich_L is on to something.  There was not as much data for the fitbit app and therefore it showed up faster. ???????

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is not just run--mine is not syncing biking or any other exercise....

Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze is syncing all my data except my runs. I went for a run this morning and recorded it on my watch. Went into the app to look at the splits etc. And there was no exercise activity. The steps, duration, calories etc show but not the actual workout . Any idea why?

Best Answer

Since June 4th, when using the run feature on my Blaze tracker (not taking my phone with me), it tracks my run and all my stats, impact, pace, etc on my fitbit when I finish the run, but when it syncs, all it says on my fitbit is the time, but the calories, steps, and impact is blank. All my dashboard shows is steps and active minutes. Really frustrating! But if i don't start a workout by myself during my crossfit it has all the impact stuff on it and tracks it automatically. I like to start my run, because I like the notifications and able to see how far I've ran. 

Best Answer

Mine does the same and hasn't synced my run since 6/4. It shows up on my fitbit when I'm done, but when it syncs all that shows is the time, steps and active minutes on my dashboard. Nothing under the workout part, 0 steps, 0 calories, 0 impact.

Best Answer

This has now been going on with mine for over a week!!! It's not tracking walks as well as runs now😡 Training for a marathon so need it to be fully functioning. Come on guys!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
The heart rate was accurate.
The heart rate was recorded.
It did not log the heart rate for the run.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My heart rate was recorded accurate. 

The fitbit recorded my heart rate.

It did not sync with the run so the data has not gone on to the run.

@AlejandraFitbit wrote:

A warm welcome to the Community @Carolynne81. If you are having inconveniences with your heart rate information, I recommend taking a look at this post, where you will be able to see some things that might be affecting this reading and some tips to improve it.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hy Amy

I've had happening the same with a few runs as you've described. They won't show up in my Dashboard. I noticed that the runs which won't show up were shorter ones, so I checked my settings "activity settings" and under "Exercise" where I have set 35 minutes or longer to count as "running exercise".

So my run on Monday took only about 20 minutes, which does not count as running exercise because I did not meet my goal. I'm assuming that this is the reason why it does not show up on the Dashboard under the "weekly exercise". As I said, those are just assumptions and I will keep paying attention to those circumstances and give an update if I have news.

I hope this helps

Phil

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started experiencing this problem on June 4th. I run every day and am missing 41 miles. My walks are being logged by the app but not the runs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This problem started with the last software update. Could you just go back to the old software which worked while you solve the current issue? My blaze isn't tracking my runs and if this problem isn't fixed soon I might have to return my watch because there's no point for me to use it if it won't log  exercise

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently they are looking into this ... More like they are hoping we all just go away ! If no fix by weekend I'll be returning this piece of **ahem** and demanding a full refund . We all have good grounds for a full refund to be honest . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same problem reported by several others here.  I will record a run on the tracker but it will not sync with the app.  It seems to recognize the number of steps but that's it.  I'm glad to hear it's being looked at. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fippu and @shrinking_amy91, I'm moving this thread to the pinned post on this subject that is found at the top of the forum. 

Best Answer

👎🏻😖 Me too. Just got this for my birthday a week ago and now I'm p&@£ed off. I had a really strong run this morning and really wanted to see how it had gone...now have nothing but the achy legs. Poor show, Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FlorinP I moved your post to this thread since it is related to the topic.

Keep on stepping.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't care that much about whether or not my runs are logged as long as I
run every day. However, I have my Fitbit sync with my Virgin Health Miles
that gives me money in my health account based on my activity, and
discovered that it is not syncing. Fortunately it just started happening
within the last couple of weeks so I was able to get it reset and recovered
most of the data.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Please get this rectified asap as I rely on my runs being tracked every day and this is not acceptable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Noting on this as I am having the same issue. Run is showing as 0 cal, 0 info once it syncs. I use this primarily for running and monitoring heart rate data - hoping to note when there is an update for a fix on this.

Best Answer
0 Votes