Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not syncing Run exercises

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 7/6/17

Yesterday, there was a fix released that resolved this issue. Now that I have confirmation that this was resolved, I'm going to close this thread. If this pops up again in the future, please create a new post to report the issue. 

Thanks everyone for your patience! It is always appreciated. Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update: 6/29/17

Thanks everyone for your patience while this was being investigated. Our team was able to identify the problem, however, I don't have a timeline for when the fix will be released. Once the fix is released I will update this thread again. 

Fitbit Update: 6/14/17

Some Blaze users have reported that their run exercises initiated on the tracker are not syncing over to the Fitbit app or web dashboard. 

Our team is aware of this issue and currently investigating the root cause. Thanks to all who have reported this. I will post any updates on this thread when there is more information available.  

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
389 REPLIES 389
I got a new fitbit blaze and deleted the old one from the acct and added the
new one. Still not working. They are aware of the issue

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Best Answer
0 Votes

as many others I am having this issue on windows 10 mobile app, since the June update. If I go for a run and then sync all calories and steps get logged. Tile says 1 out of 5 for the start of the week but no run data is there when you go into tile for further details. 

if I do weights in the gym, this is logged ok, if I do a walk its detected and syncs fine

this morning I did a run, after 10 seconds I stopped it to go back in to get some water. Started fresh again and went for run.

this time the 10 second run synced but the proper run did not?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The best anyone can say is to keep an eye on the top post of this thread. 

Unfortunately knowing that a problem exists is not enough ghost to fix it. The cause needs to be identified, a solution found, solution needs to be tested, troubleshoot, and made sure that it doesn't add more problems. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I could not believe it.  I ran this morning and the darn thing worked.  Just hope it continues and is not a fluke 😂

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
I could not believe it.  I ran this morning and the darn thing worked.  Just hope it continues and is not a fluke 😂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlessFitbit  Would you be able to have your response post moved to the top of the topic queue, its currently sitting on page 12 today of the Topic.  This link will be outdated tomorrow but it's closer

Thanks again.

@AlessFitbit wrote:

Fitbit Update: 6/14/17

Some Blaze users have reported that their run exercises initiated on the tracker are not syncing over to the Fitbit app or web dashboard. 

Our team is aware of this issue and currently investigating the root cause. Thanks to all who have reported this. I will post any updates on this thread when there is more information available.  

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for working on the problem.  My blaze runs on the droid platform.  It initially shows the map on my phone with my splits, and mile markers etc.  However, when I go back to the dashboard, I lose the map and splits information.  Sometimes it logs it as a run and sometimes I have to manually enter the information, which doesn't give me accurate split information.  This has happened 4 or 5 times since June 1.  The first time it happened I thought I hit the delete button.  Now I know that is now what I did.  This morning it was connected to the internet when it happened.  Pam Jarvis

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you don't press start run and just run wearing it, it registers for some reason.

Shruti Gupta
sagupta64@cox.net
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issues -- run will not sync -- it records and provides summary at the end of run but will not update for viewing from the app -- problem over the last 2-3 weeks

Best Answer

Thanks , will give it a go . My run before did not register. I've given up on a fix . I did pop into Currys / PC world today and explained the fault . They will be happy to refund me apparently . Shame really . I have benefited since I purchased a blaze and enjoyed it up until the past few weeks . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've spend a lot of time contacting customer service over the last 10 days, and have been told a) do a reset of the device (didn't make a difference), b) I need to make sure I'm moving my arms enough for the run to register (give me a break), c) I need to run longer than 15 minutes for SmartTrack to work (I'm running 45 minutes AND manually starting the run), d) I may need to return device per warranty (had to keep explaining that the device works fine, it's the syncing to app/dashboard that doesn't work).  Finally they understood & said they'd forward problem to tech, but "don't expect the fix to happen immediately, it takes some time."  

Well, they need to pay some people overtime to get this software problem fixed ASAP or they're going to have a boatload of Blazes returned, and that can't be good for the company.  We paid WAY too much for these devices to simply have steps counted on our dashboards.

Best Answer
That's where I have been.  Today, miraculously, it worked as it should.  I didn't do anything differently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze is also not recording my runs.  Just over the past couple of days.  It tracks the miles and minutes fine while I am running, but nothing is showing up later on my exercise tile in the dashboard.  The steps are accounted for but none of the stats of my run.  Please fix this problem and advise us what to do!!

Best Answer

Incredible! Had the same conversation with me and talked a load of nonsense. I have tried to escalate this . However nobody at fitbit will take responsibility. 

Best Answer
Tried that twice... didn't work either time
Best Answer

I can't believe this isn't fixed yet, I keep checking daily!

Best Answer

Fitbit support wants me to take a run, then take a picture of my fitbit screen showing the results, then sync and take a screenshot of my app showing it doesn't register. I am curious to see if it will record it if I just go on a run and let it autorecognize my run (and just use the timer on the blaze) if it will record it correctly with stats (since it does for every other type of workout I do - walking/sport/etc when I don't manually start the exercise). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having this issue as well. All of my exercises that are auto-tracked sync just fine, but when I initiate the tracking on my phone or on my Blaze it doesn't sync with the app on my phone or laptop. Very frustrating since I'm training for a half marathon right now. Ongoing since 05/31 - this is the last date that my logged exercise has synced.

Best Answer

I had the same issue, hope that this problem can be solve very soon

Best Answer

So I take it that after 6 days there is still no update on this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes