Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze hasn't synced since yesterday morning.  I have restarted it and still won't sync.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
59 REPLIES 59

My Fitbit blaze won't sync.  Tried turning Bluetooth off and on. Powered phone off and on. Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit app. Nothing works. Notice there was an update on December 9th for bug fixes. I think they introduced a new problem. 

Best Answer

Here are a few things known to work, i don't know if these were included in the list.

Tell the phones bluetooth to forget the Blaze, this usually does it if a phone restart doesn't. 

Is there anything else around that the Blaze has synced through? Turn its BT off.

You have shut the phone off, as you stated, and not just a restart.

Last option is to power off the Blaze, this is an option under settings, but it might then require a sync to get the time correct, its a catch 22. 

Best Answer

turn the BT off on any other device that the Blaze has connected to in the past, that is if the device is around and turned on.

Go into your phones Bluetooth settings and tell.the phone to forget tyre tracker.

Shut down the Blaze through its setting screen

One of these should work.

Best Answer

Here are a few things known to work, i don't know I'd these were included in the list.

Tell the phones bluetooth to forget the Blaze, this halt does it it'd a phone restart doesn't. 

Is there anything else around that the Blaze has synced through? Turn its BT off.

You have shut the phone off, as you stated, and not just a restart.

Last option is to power off the Blaze, this is an option under settings, but it might then require a sync to get the time correct, its a catch 22. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @Rainiya and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

Thanks for troubleshooting this inconvenience by yourself. I would like to know if you keep having problems connecting your tracker with your phone? If you do, I recommend following the instructions provided in the Having trouble syncing? post.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

FitBit started syncing again later on 12/9. Not sure what changed after the steps I had tried earlier, but it's been working fine since then. Thank you all for taking the time to reply. 

Best Answer

Those are great news @Rainiya. I am glad to hear that your tracker is now working properly. If you need anything else, do not hesitate in letting us know.

Happy stepping. Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!  Forgetting the Blaze in my bluetooth settings then opening the Fitbit app and syncing again fixed the syncing issue for me.  I have an iPhone 6s latest iOS.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up doing "all of the above" - shutting down and restarting the Blaze, rebooting it by holding down the left and lower right buttons, restarting the app (on an iPhone 7p), removing the Blaze from the app and finally telling the phone's Bluetooth module to forget the Blaze. It was only then that the phone and Blaze could complete the repairing process, install an update to the Blaze operating system and sync. Next time, I'll start with the "forget" step and see if it works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The latest iOS update messed up blaze syncing. This link explains: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2144

Best Answer
0 Votes

See my response to your post found here

Best Answer

Duplicate post

Best Answer

This fixed my problem.  But did I need to turn off Bluetooth on my phone every time I want a synch with my iPad?  Why?

@Visualtps wrote:

When you try to sync with your desktop, make sure that your bluetooth is turned off on your phone.  Otherwise it will not sync.  Hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze hasn't synced too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine! Woman Happy

If you are having problems syncing your tracker, I recommend following the instructions provided in my previous post.

I hope this helps, catch you later. Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got my Fitbit yesterday, charged it lastnight, got the app and followed setup but it won't sync, when I tap it just sez Fitbit.com/setup.... I have iPhone 6, I turned of Bluetooth and then turned off phone too... help

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Lghtfootcd. If you are seeing a fitbit.com/setup message on your tracker's display, it means that it is not paired yet. Please confirm you are doing the following from your Fitbit app to set it up:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Best Answer
Thanx for your help, I had already did the things you suggested. I tried syncing to my daughters device still nothing. Think I got a lemon from Amazon, sending it back for a replacement.🙏🏼

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am glad to hear that you will be receiving a new tracker from Amazon @Lghtfootcd, at the moment of receiving the new tracker, you can follow these steps from your Fitbit app to set it up:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Samsung S5 and turned it off and on, checked location is on, turned Bluetooth off and on, and still won't sync between Blaze and mobile from this morning. Frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes