Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excess Calendar Notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey all,

We're aware of the issue with excess calendar notifications being sent to Blaze. Our team is working on a fix, so please be patient! Thanks to everyone that reported this.

I'll update the thread when I have more information. 🙂

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

Since it has been some time since this was updated, any chance that there has been a resolution?  Wondering of my blaze is out of firmware revision. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here.. constant notifications during event.. tried removing event from calendar, but didn't help....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had my Blaze for less than an hour and have gotten 10 notifications for an event that started this morning before I had even recieved the Blaze.

I really like the idea of the calendar feature but was shocked to see how long this has been going on for you all!

Has there been any ETA on a fix? Seems like 4+ months is plenty?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Been using Blaze for about 6 months, find it extremely irritated to this function. Needed the reminder no matter what.

The only way I have managed to stop the reminder is to go into my calendar and turn off the alarm reminder in the event. However do note that the reminder will automatically change to the time that the event ends. So it will still buzz when the event ends till you turn it off in your calendar alarm again. A lot of hassle in doing so and it is not the best, but it helps to stop the buzzing and distract me from whatever I am doing.

Hope it helps you guys till Fitbit solve this problem.

Cat Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing, it is so annoying!!! Any fix for it yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  I must've gotten 20 or more notifications for an event over the past hour.  I would appreciate it if a dev could chime in and give us an ETA on the fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, any update to this bug of excess calendar notifications? I just got a fitbit (10/23/16), and have noted this bug on my charge 2 of having repeated notifications. I noted these posts were dated back to May 2016, is there anything I can do to alter the amount of notifications sent to my fitbit? (Once would be nice Smiley Happy)

Best Answer
0 Votes
Actually, I am thinking that the problem has been solved, it hasn't
happened to me in a long while. Seems to coincide with the recent
update.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. It's been awhile. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
With the last update to the blaze firmware I no longer have this issue.... 🙂

Thanks,
Scott Sirr
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys! Good to see you around and I'm happy to hear that everything is working after the last firmware update! 😄

If you notice anything not working fine, let us know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok guess I responded to quickly..... still getting multiple notifications for one event... today had an event and got 2 before it, which was probably the correct 1hr before and then at time to leave but then got 3 during the event.... thought it was fixed
😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmm... I've not heard of other users having problems with this after that. Strange that it's still giving you a hard time 😕

I'll try to see if I can get a reason why this could be happening. Thanks for getting back @Ssirr!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
I set up a couple of things for this coming weekend with travel times
and addresses included. I haven't had any problems in a long time and I
am fairly sure I had set up a few things recently that way. But, this
time I know I will put it to the test.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wish you well. Issue has been quiet for awhile but in the last 40 min I have received 4 calendar notifications for the same event. Last one received just a few minutes ago for an event that started 30 minutes ago. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ya it has been much less of a problem since the last iOS and Fitbit update, I only had it happen once and it was while I was driving so I am wondering if it has to do with having an event scheduled with a location and not being at it with the gps giving an updated travel time? But it is much less of an issue now. I have turned calendar alerts back on and only had it happen once that I can recall since the last update. So I would say it is mostly fixed 🙂 like 99%

Best Answer
0 Votes

You make s good point. I did have a location in the calendar event  but did not attend the event. It's a recurring event si I'll keep an eye on it. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this issue now with my Alta.  It just started today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So now it's Feb 2017 and my Blaze is going nuts with the calendar notifications. Have you fixed it yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven't hd any repeat calendar notifications since my last post...

Thanks,
Scott Sirr
Best Answer
0 Votes