Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze not charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Blaze. The set up was fine until I started charging it. The battery icon never showed on the screen. I also have a Charge and it charged using the same computer an hour before. Anyone have a problem charging the Blaze?

Moderator edit: title for clarity.

Best Answer
158 REPLIES 158

Hey @PamS2 what device are you using to charge your Blaze through? I hope it is your phones charger.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so frustrated. I just opened my box an tried to do set up but it says that it needs to be charged first. I put it in the cradle and it wont charge. I have read that you can't charge it without setting it up. So, now what do I do?!!!!!

Best Answer

So how long should I expect it to charge before I can complete the set up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

About an hour should be enough, or plug it into its charger and set it up while plugged in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I plugged it into the wall instead of the laptop and within a few minutes it finished updating. Now, when I press on the home screen, it shows the battery level. Thank you for your help!!!

Best Answer
It is probably charging. Mine charged even though the "battery" didn't show on the screen. Try setting it up after it's been on the charger for a few hours. 
Marie Bartolotta
Best Answer
How to change the time in my Fitbit blaze ? Could you help me please

Sent from Maria Alcira Gil-Turi from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Such garbage,  you cant update your Blaze if the battery is low on a new purchase. No USB receptacle or USB jack on the computer seems to work. I have the USB plugged into my computer for over 4 hours now and still will not get charged... first time buying a fitbit, most likely last time. Being I am so frustrated on spending over 200 dollars on a device that is NOT user friendly! You guys at fitbit should come up with a better system for newly bought devices. Garbage in MY opinion.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just purchased the blaze from fitbit.com because my fitbit charge fell apart. I am going overseas on Monday, and I bought it for this trip. I cannot charge it. It clicks into the charger, but I don't see any icons.

Please advise.

Karen Posey

Best Answer
0 Votes

i opened it and it looked great. it was just bought 5 minutes ago and i tried to charge it, but the icon never popped up. help please 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i just received my 3rd blaze.  this one does not accept a charge either.  this is clearly a major design flaw when looking at the myriad number of complaints.  at least, so far, no issue with fitbit sending a replacement, but this experience is really turning me sour on a company that i have always been very positive about.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What things are you seeing tgst tells you the Blaze isnt charging?

Have you set the Blaze up, and the www.fitbit.com/setup message is no longer on the screen?

What type of device are you using to charge the Blaze, have you tried more than ine device? Especially have you used your phones wall charger?

Have you tried mix and matching the charging cords?

Thank you, it makes no sense that 3 seperate units and 3 seperate cords could be bad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have used all 3 of the charging cords on each of the units.  both connected to my computer and to a wall outlet.  virtually none of them show the battery symbol or indicate any charging at all.  every attempt to link/set up results in a message that i must first download updates, but i cant do it because the battery is low and needs to be charged.  it may be unthinkable that this could happen 3 times in a row, but it certainly has.  the blaze i got my wife at the same time as the first one works just fine.  none of the other 3 has........

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you clean with alcohol the will charge. Probably has to do with oils from the skin

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
thanks for the idea.  i have 3 different blazes....3 different chargers... have cleaned every one of them....have tried every possible combination of usb and wall outlet charging and have absolutely no results.  the one i bought my wife at the same time works just fine... what are the odds???!#$%@#! oyler and son land co.dave oyler
dvdoyler@yahoo.com
303-518-8194
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the setting up message, so plugged USB into my Phone Charger well away from my phone and pc, left for an hour, no indication of it charging (apart from the logo looking like something was happening). When I retrieved it I used my Laptop to Sync then update! Showed at 50% charged! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

Since this thread is still going on I'll reiterate my results.  I left it charging overnight.  Even though it wasn't showing me that it was charging, it did.  I was then able to do the update.

So, most likely it *is* charging.  The design flaw is in the UI itself since it doesn't tell you that it is.  They really need to either send them out charged, with the update, or affirmative instructions to update that let you know it is charging.  It is even worse that when you contact them, they don't even know their problem.  The fact that they would send out replacements really does not indicate they have a grasp on their own technology. 

Best Answer
thanks, at this point i will try anything that i have not done yet.  i appreciate it oyler and son land co.dave oyler
dvdoyler@yahoo.com
303-518-8194
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried plugging onto USB on 3 different lap tops still not charging. No battery icon either

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes, I cant seem to get my Fitbit blaze charge in its case whether attached to the laptop or an adaptive fast charger.

Best Answer
0 Votes