Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze receives multiple text notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone, I have a LG V10 and have just received the Fitbit Blaze.  I'm having trouble with the mulitiple text messages that is being sent to my phone.  Even if I delete the messages from my Blaze it will send the same message at least 3 to 4 extra times.  On my phone I am using Go Sms Pro as my default messaging app and have never had an issue with it before.  Is there anyone else that is currently having this issue....please help.

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

I have the same issue with multiple text notifications on my Blaze.  I have only had the watch for a few days.  Using Message+ on a Galaxy S7.  Are there any fixes for this yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

just down loaded.  Seems pretty good so far.  I'll see how it continues to work. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I checked on the reminder texts on the settings on my phone, and I'm still getting the double text notifications on the FitBit. I have my reminders set to never in the Message+ using a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 via Verizon. I have downloaded the Fit Notifications app to try to see if this will prevent the double notifications, but I still get them with that app set as the text notification app too.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This also worked for me. I was getting all WhatsApp messages twice. Nice app.
Best Answer
0 Votes

lnstalled fit notifications, but still getting multiple business calender notifications. Is there some setting that needs activated? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The native calendar sync seems to work normally for me (make sure you haven't selected calendar in the fit notification app to sync, then you would get it twice). Generally the whole sync platform is buggy and I recall a lot rebooting of everything and resetting of settings to get them talking happily (sometimes daily).
Best Answer

@Mi5user what is it that helped with multiple text messages? Knowing what "it" refers to may help others. 

I also agree with @highon2str make sure the calander is not selected in both Fitbit and Fit Notifacations. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Android phone too; a Motorola Droid Turbo 2. Every time I get a text msg, it appears 2 to 3 times on my Blaze. It seems to be SMS only. I am using a 3rd part messaging app, called Message+. No issues calendar notifications. Seems like it's an issue with Fitbit and 3rd party apps from the responses here. I have the correct app selected for SMS notifications in the Fitbit app; Fitbit allows you to choose the app you want for notifications to show on the watch.

I also tried disabling the stock Messaging app that comes with Android, but that did not work. 

Glad it's not only me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue wrote:

@Mi5user what is it that helped with multiple text messages? Knowing what "it" refers to may help others. 

I also agree with @highon2str make sure the vs lander is not selected in both Fitbit and Fit Notifacations. 

I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth here, but I think they were refering to the "Fit Notifications" app. There is a setting in there that restricts how many times individual apps can send notifications in a configured timeframe. You (we all) need to set that to 1 second to stop the repeat notifications. Well, mostly stop. I have had a couple of freak-outs when I had multiple messages at the same time, but it mostly fixes the problem.

It's a good app besides that, for anyone on the fence. It enables email and other notifications as well, so it actually helps the Blaze close the gap on the feature list of some of its competitors. Thanks to whoever came up with the original recommendation!

For Fitbit: the problem seems to be that when your app sends a new text notification, it actually sends every notification that has not been manually cleared on the phone itself. For example, if I receive text message A and just clear it on my Blaze without looking at the phone, when text message B comes in I'll get a notification for both A and B. That means if I haven't already cleared message A on the Blaze, the Blaze notification tray will contain A, B and A again. When message C comes in it gets really messy. To stop the cycle, I have to turn on the phone and clear all notifications from there. Or use Fit Notifications to block the app from repeat sends.

Context: using Android on a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.

Best Answer

I use BitTicker and am very happy. 

Get notifacations from Fitbit, google+, Facebook, waze, twitter, Swarn, Weather, and Google groups. 

@RichFla most people use third party messaging since the default will one give a message count when there is more than 1 unread message. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Jim_80, your further instructions regarding the settings in Fit Notifications solved the multiple text notifications for me.  The only adjustment to your recommendations that I made was the 1 second interval you suggested.  So as to help further clarify this for others monitoring this, I'll list the specific Fit Notifications settings I'm using.  BTW, I'm using a Samsung Note 4 from Verizon and Messages+ for texting.

Fit Notifications settings are broken down into several sections, highlighted in pink text.  The third section is "Notification Limit Settings".  There are two options in this section, the first being, "Limit Number of Relayed Notifications".  This function limits the number of notifications each app can send within a designated interval. I have this option turned ON.  The other option in this section is, "Limit Duration" and is what Jim_80 referred to in his previous post. When I set that to 1 notification per second as Jim_80 suggested, I still received at least duplicate texts.  However, I increased that interval (I currently have it set at 6 seconds just to experiment) and I am no longer getting multiple/repeating texts.  

Fitbit support has assured me via email they are working on this issue and have suggested switching text apps to "Hangouts".  Since I'm no longer having the problem, I'll avoid the hassle of getting up to speed on a new app just for texting, but others may want to try that.  Thanks again Jim_80!

Best Answer

Glad you got it working! Thanks for the detailed walk-through: I think it will definitely help others

Best Answer
Seems to me that the one consistent theme here is Verizon. Is there anyone here getting duplicate notifications who is NOT on Verizon?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not on Verizon (or in the US); I think it's just the weird way that Fitbit grab the phone's notifications to send over to the watch. At least it seems to be fixable with a third party app though.

Strange thing I noticed, just looking at the thread, is that iPhone folks seem to mostly be complaining about multiple calendar notification, and Android people are mostly getting multiple text notifications. I might be reading too much into that trend though.

Best Answer
Fit Notifications seems to be doing the trick... I really like that I can do multiple apps. I did need to adjust the settings. Limiting repeats to 3 seconds (so far) has achieved the solution. Thank you!!!
Best Answer
Android user here... And I think the calendar/text divide might be apt. I had no multiple calendar notifications, just text.
Best Answer
Glad it's working for you. It is an added bonus that you can also get alerts for other apps!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the Fitbit Blaze and have a Motorola Z Force Droid, using Message+ and am consistently getting 2, 3, or even 4 notifciations PER text! I thought maybe I did something wrong when I set it up, glad to see that it's not just me. Hoping to hear an update from Fitbit on this one Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes
So, I had the same problem. My fix happened in my phone and not with my Blaze. I switched to the standard Messages app from samsung (I have an s6) and viola! 1 text=1 notification. Seems to be something with using the third party app. I am happy with the standard issue messaging app. Hope this helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Messenger+ is the app that came on my phone 😕 

Best Answer
0 Votes