Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze receives multiple text notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone, I have a LG V10 and have just received the Fitbit Blaze.  I'm having trouble with the mulitiple text messages that is being sent to my phone.  Even if I delete the messages from my Blaze it will send the same message at least 3 to 4 extra times.  On my phone I am using Go Sms Pro as my default messaging app and have never had an issue with it before.  Is there anyone else that is currently having this issue....please help.

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103
Same problem just happened to me with a calendar event that popped up during a run. iPhone 6s Plus. Even after unlocking my phone the notification kept popping up until I turned off notifications on my blaze! Never happened until today though...
Best Answer

I am using Business Calendar app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appgenix.bizcal&hl=en)

Setting it as a calendar app for my Fitbit, I receive 4 notificaitons instead of 1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue.  Getting 2 notifications on Fitibit Blaze.  Galaxy s5 and Textra.  

Best Answer

@AAverin I've moved your post to the main thread on this subject. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same thing here. Blaze... Galaxy Note 5.... Textra. I get two notifications for every text message. Other than that, I love the Blaze so far!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AdkinsJA wrote:
Same thing here. Blaze... Galaxy Note 5.... Textra. I get two notifications for every text message. Other than that, I love the Blaze so far!

I was just told by a Textra person (via e-mail) that they do not support Fitbit. He (Max) didn't even know what it was.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I wasn't sure if it was a Textra issue, or a Blaze issue. Seems like others have had the duplicate notification issue with other apps, too. Oh well.... Not a big problem... I just won't have any excuse to forget milk or dog food. 😕
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here with OnePlus Two...   (just piling on.. 😉 )

Best Answer
0 Votes
So here is the deal. Everyone knows that the notifications do not work as advertised. I love the device and what it does for tracking and how it serves as a terrific watch with the fitness functionality I'm looking for.

However...

ATTENTION FITBIT: I spent $200 on a device that does not do what you said it would. You not only released a flawed device, you have yet to really tell us how you plan to deal with the problem or when a patch will be released. As of today, I have no plans to ever own another of your devices. That may change depending on how you respond to the community that is practically begging for a response from you. Right now, I feel that you don't respect your loyal customers enough to a) apologize for the issue, b) tell us that you are working on the problem, and c) fix it.

You may not even be listening, which is entirely possible, and indicative of an even bigger problem.
Best Answer

Same with YAATA, a great SMS app if you are looking

Best Answer
0 Votes

Found this forum because I am having the opposite problem--not seeing any notifications from Business Calendar (on a HTC One M7) on my Blaze.  I was playing around with the Business Calendar app settings to troubleshoot and turned on "Ongoing Notifications"--which then led to me getting multiple messges like what people are describing here.

So for those of you having the multiple messages error, you may want to try following these steps and make sure "Ongiong Notifications" are turned off:

• Go to "Settings" in the Business Calendar app
  • Go to "Reminder"
  • Go to "Ongoing Notification"
  • Make sure the box next to "Activated" is not selected (or uncheck it, if it is checked)

I hope this is helpful!  

(As a side note, I was able to fix my original issue --not seeing Business Calendar notifications on my Blaze at all--after enabling Ongoing Notifications, and then disabling them.)

Well, this worked for a while, but after restarting my Blaze I am having issues with multiple calendar notifications again, and what worked last time does nothign to fix them now.  The only thing that works is manually dismissing the notification off of my phone before I get a second (or third, or fifth) notification for hte same event).  😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@marciemare

I have ongoing notifications disabled and still get 4 notifications from Business Calendar and some other apps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting @AAverin Fitbit is only able to send messages from one messaging app and a single calander. That is unless you are using an app such as Bitticker. In any case you would disable notifacations are under your Device settings.

If this doesn't stop them, you might need to delete and reinstall the app, or add your tracker as a replacement device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue

As I understand, fitbit can show 3 kinds of notifications:

- call

- calendar

Call works OK except for cyrilic langauges support

Message - I don't get many of these, so can't really tell if they work or not

Calendar - these are the real mess right now. I will usually get 4 instead of 1 notifications, and then I may also get a notification about old event, or some future events notifications. At the same time on the device I have only 1 relevant calendar notification displayed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's correct, one messaging app, one Calander App, one Phone App. And Fitbit handles the caller ID differently, that's why I left this off.

It's the receiving notafacations from "the some other apps" that confuses me.  

In any case once disabled the App should not be  sending them to the tracker ker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Droid Turbo with Textra messaging app, two notifications for every text

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get the double notifications with Textra too. I used to get nothing at all until I disabled the Moto Active Display on my Moto X Play so already it's a compromise to even see texts. As a programmer it's a PAINFULLY SIMPLE piece of code to add to make sure duplicate notifications don't display - I mean, even if someone sent you 2 identical texts (edge case) you'd be happy to only receive notification once on your Fitbit.

Come on guys, sort this stuff out. It's the difference between a happy customer and an annoyed one. Next time I can easily switch to a different brand of tracker and it's no bother to me, can you improve your company's reputation as easily? Nope.

Best Answer
Same problem, LG V10 with textra. Every text gets two notifications on my blaze.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm getting multiple calendar notifications on every event...it's pretty frustrating.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this exact same issue also... I have a Moto Droid Turbo... Every time I get another text, my phone will identify multiple texts even after I have cleared the previous ones... Very annoying because my watch will vibrate 4+ times for one text. 

I have even had old texts (after being swiped away) re-appear with the addition of a new text.

Best Answer