Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redesigned Sleep experience now in the iOS app

Why are the sleep scores and data displayed differently? I assume it’s the new ios update, but I preferred the former presentation.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
435 REPLIES 435

How can I edit the start or end times of sleep logs in the new app version? This is a feature I used regularly and found very useful for accurate sleep tracking 

Best Answer

I too am very unhappy with the new app display of my sleep. The old display used different shades of blue plus red for awake times. It was displayed in Portrait or Landscape. The new display is impossible to read easily, and can only be seen in Portrait mode. Rotating my phone makes no difference. Either they need to restore the original sleep display, which is still available on my account on Fitbit.com, or I will start looking at the Apple watches to see if they've improved their sleep analysis in the past few years. I hope lots of other Fitbit users complain, soon!

Best Answer

Agreed, it’s almost like they want us to quit using their products!!

Best Answer

Wow, I thought it couldn't get worse. But it did. Your sleep redesign just horrible. Why are you people changing something perfect to something that is not useable? Please get the old version back.I beg you.

Best Answer

I agree. I hate the new version of sleep tracking. Please take it back to the old one! 

Best Answer

The latest fitbit update has ruined the last remaining fitbit feature that was not decimated by Google!!

The sleep, tracking features were colorful, informative, and easy to read. Now, as with all of the Google updates to Fitbit, the sleep tracking features are now monochromatic, confusing, and difficult to read!

Where did all of the App designers who were working with Fitbit go? Evidently they didn’t transition to Google! I believe that Google is intentionally trying to destroy Fitbit in order to get all the Fitbit customers to purchase Google trackers!
I am so disgusted with the Google takeover of Fitbit! 😡

Best Answer

Noooo!! Please bring the old screen back. It’s the only reason I use this watch & app. I liked the way you could scroll down to see your daily summary and you could keep going down as far as you wanted, with a weekly summary header. It was perfect. Bring it back. It was much simpler and effective. 

Best Answer

How can I go back to the pre-update version of the sleep tracking dashboard??

Best Answer

Yeah I was wondering this. All I can think is to roll back to an older back up of my phone and then don’t update the app 😭

Best Answer

There are literally pages of this, will anyone actually listen though?? Or they just don’t actually care?! 

Best Answer

I agree, I’ve just noticed the change this morning and I don’t like it. I frequently looked at the graph showing how the last seven nights’ sleep compare to your target sleep times, so I can monitor my insomnia and see how many days I napped on, and it’s gone. It also didn’t automatically detect when I went back to sleep after waking up at 2:10. Don’t know if that’s a one off, but If it’s stopped automatically detecting sleep, then my Fitbit will be useless to me.

Best Answer

Completely agree. More evidence of Googles passion for wrecking everything they buy. This new UI for sleep analysis is dire.

GO BACK!!!

Best Answer

I agree 100%!!! I don’t even want to open this app anymore, it gives me a headache 🤕 

Best Answer

Ok, I’ve found the sleep schedule graph now (in the ‘week’ tab) but it only seems to include one block of sleep per night? I often sleep in two blocks of 3-4 hours with around 2 hours awake in between, so just picking the longer block of sleep to use doesn’t work for me. My daytime naps have disappeared from the graph too. Yes, I know my sleep schedule is messed up, but that’s why I wanted to record it!

Best Answer

Yes that’s what mine has changed to. Almost impossible to read. It really is the last straw after the exercise changes last year that mean I can no longer put rowing in my watch. 
Im very opposed to replacing kit every time there’s an upgrade but my Fitbit is old and the screen is cracked and I am going to have to replace but I’m afraid it will be Apple Watch or Garmin

Best Answer

Anyone else dislike the new stats layout on the app?  It's horrible! So hard to read!

Best Answer

Just be grateful! Enjoy it while you can 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m not sure anyone is stuck. We can access the information you are providing. We just really don’t find it in a way as  accessible or informative as the old presentation. Why has fitbit done this. Was there any customer consultation? 

Best Answer

I agree. The sleep analysis is pretty much the only reason I opt for premium. This new format is unreadable. I like to see the exact times my sleep, heart rate etc change during the night. I can often identify causes. I’m happy to have extra information such as ideal and typical range but please revert back to making sure the basics are in a clearly presented way. If this becomes an issue I’ll look elsewhere.

Best Answer

What have you done fit bit the new look app on my iPhone looks horrid gone is the purple background gone is the ability to view horizontally I hate the new look they have added a pointless time line to tell me expect times which I can simply see on the graph. 

IMG_1921.png

Sorry Fitbit don’t like it wish I could revert back it’s much more difficult to read.  

Best Answer