Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Blaze Clock Faces!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey everyone,

We're excited to announce that with Blaze's newest firmware update comes five new clock faces: Moment, Circuit, Ace, Nautical, and Argyle! In addition to more options, a second-hand has finally made its appearance on each of the new analog clock faces. Once you've updated, navigate to your Blaze's device settings and check them out! Robot Very Happy

Moment.png

Moment:

Time is at the top, date in the middle, and your stats at the bottom. Heart rate will always be shown on the left, while on the right you can cycle through steps, distance, calories, or floors by tapping the screen.

Circuit.png

Circuit:

Current day is on the left, and a progress dial for a stat of your choice is on the lower right. The dial will fill up based on your progress toward your daily goal for whichever stat icon is showing (will always be a full circle for heart rate).  The white dots represent each hour. You can choose from steps, heart rate, distance, calories, floors, and even your hourly activity.

Ace.png

Ace:

Date is at the top, and your stats are on the bottom. The white ticks represent the hours. Tapping the screen will cycle between steps, heart rate, distance, calories, or floors.

Nautical.png

Nautical:

Featuring the date on the right and a 3-6-9-12 analog layout, this clock face will remain static (meaning you cannot interact with it by tapping), and does not display a daily stat.

Argyle.png

Argyle:

Date is at the top, time is in the middle, and your stats will appear at the bottom. Only one daily stat can be displayed at a time (steps, heart rate, distance, calories, or floors), and can be cycled through with a tap. 

You can also still choose from the four default clock faces (Zone, Pop, Original, Flare).

HR_Stats_06.pngClock Pop Hero.pngOriginal Clock Hero.pngClock Flare High.png

Feel free to post any feedback or questions about the new clock faces. Hope you enjoy! Smiley Happy

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
639 REPLIES 639

oBoy wrote:
...They smart.), it made me wonder why Fitbit chose to have the faces in the cloud....

Last Sunday I saw Moto 360 SmartWatch on retail shop. It can directly display built-in 20 clock faces directly from the device. If Moto can do it easily, why fitBIT not?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, in all fairness, the obvious practical reason is that they want all of the storage for something else.

What else? The Blaze is primarily a fitness tracker. It is advertised as being able to store up to like seven days of stats without a sync if it needs to. And when it hasn't synced, it needs to put it somewhere...

Seven days of stats is a lot. It's not just the grand total of steps and hours slept and everything, Fitbit records the data timeline-style, so everything is displayed in order at the time it was recorded by the device.

Every piece of data must be recorded with a time stamp. Bam. Storage needs doubled.

I was wondering if they could turn it into a fun feature.

What happens when you add 0.dreamdreamdream repeating with Fitbit's health-centered agenda?

Divide by zero error.

And we weren't even dividing. 😈

Not that the health centered agenda is bad or anything, it's just that they want to invest their resources into what they deem their main focus.

And they do have like a bajillion other trackers all with different formats... they can't bend over backwards and design seasonal faces just for Blaze users...

Dream dream dream dreamedy dream dream...

Ok, I'm done. Not only with this comment, but also with typing on a freaking slab of glowing glass.
Best Answer

@SanFit wrote:

@oBoy wrote:
...They smart.), it made me wonder why Fitbit chose to have the faces in the cloud....

Last Sunday I saw Moto 360 SmartWatch on retail shop. It can directly display built-in 20 clock faces directly from the device. If Moto can do it easily, why fitBIT not?

So out of the twenty faces, how many would you use? Do we really want unused faces taking up valuable memory? 

FYI all Fitbits store 7 days of detail data and another 23 days of daily summery. 

Best Answer
Yeah. What he said.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SanFit wrote:

@oBoy wrote:

Totally different devices.

The Moto 360 can last a day on a charge.  The Blaze can last 5 days.  The Blaze offers 24 hours a day heart rate monitoring.  The 360 does not.

Android wear is fun, but it is not as good as the fitbit devices for health tracking.

Best Answer

It is true that it requires more memory to record our daily activities.

Anyway, todays memory storage technology is very advantage.

We could easily find small USB flash drive with hundreds gigabytes of memory.

For the clock faces, I don't think that it takes so much memory as the size of clock screen is very small.

The clock face is not a recorded video of moving clock. I don't think the pixels resolution for displaying the clock elements takes so much memory. Could anybody tell me, one blaze clock face takes how many megabytes of storage?

I just found it. One clock face takes space around 50kb or larger (it mights depend on the complexity of the clock, color tone, fonts and functionality).

It would be nice if Blaze opens the clock face design to thirt-party developers. A bunch of clock faces for well-known smartwatches could be download from

Moderator edit: content

Best Answer

@SanFit I'll let you do the search, you'll find a feature request for a clock face designer. 

As for how much memory a face uses, that would be a question for the developers, not Fitbit users. 

Best Answer
Never are the new clock?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't wait for the release! Moment is almost exactly what I was looking for in a clock face: heart rate always showing, date displayed (don't have to check my phone), other info readily available. the other faces look slick, too!

I hope that in the future you add customization to the faces. perhaps the ability to select what info you can toggle between for toggling faces, and perhaps some colourization. also, I hope that you add 'hourly activity' to more faces!

Best Answer

I have the new clock faces available now. 

Best Answer
They're back
Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed that too 🙂 I am so glad i can finally test them too 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Moment again!!! Yay!!! Finally haha
Best Answer
0 Votes
Does argyle change colors or is it just grey all the time?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
This is good news, gives reason to think the updated firmware may start rolling to the rest of us.
Best Answer
I love the new watch faces. They work great and love that several of them have second dial. Great work fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm peanut butter and jelly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nice to meet you. I will say, you don't look all that much like peanut butter and jelly.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Best Answer
0 Votes

@1DinaB wrote:
Does argyle change colors or is it just grey all the time?

Sent from my iPhone

It is always grey, kind of a blue/grey type colour.   

Best Answer
0 Votes
i would like to see more faces that display multiple stats without tapping.
Best Answer
0 Votes