Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Blaze Clock Faces!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey everyone,

We're excited to announce that with Blaze's newest firmware update comes five new clock faces: Moment, Circuit, Ace, Nautical, and Argyle! In addition to more options, a second-hand has finally made its appearance on each of the new analog clock faces. Once you've updated, navigate to your Blaze's device settings and check them out! Robot Very Happy

Moment.png

Moment:

Time is at the top, date in the middle, and your stats at the bottom. Heart rate will always be shown on the left, while on the right you can cycle through steps, distance, calories, or floors by tapping the screen.

Circuit.png

Circuit:

Current day is on the left, and a progress dial for a stat of your choice is on the lower right. The dial will fill up based on your progress toward your daily goal for whichever stat icon is showing (will always be a full circle for heart rate).  The white dots represent each hour. You can choose from steps, heart rate, distance, calories, floors, and even your hourly activity.

Ace.png

Ace:

Date is at the top, and your stats are on the bottom. The white ticks represent the hours. Tapping the screen will cycle between steps, heart rate, distance, calories, or floors.

Nautical.png

Nautical:

Featuring the date on the right and a 3-6-9-12 analog layout, this clock face will remain static (meaning you cannot interact with it by tapping), and does not display a daily stat.

Argyle.png

Argyle:

Date is at the top, time is in the middle, and your stats will appear at the bottom. Only one daily stat can be displayed at a time (steps, heart rate, distance, calories, or floors), and can be cycled through with a tap. 

You can also still choose from the four default clock faces (Zone, Pop, Original, Flare).

HR_Stats_06.pngClock Pop Hero.pngOriginal Clock Hero.pngClock Flare High.png

Feel free to post any feedback or questions about the new clock faces. Hope you enjoy! Smiley Happy

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
639 REPLIES 639

Basically, all official fitBIT clock faces SHOULD have the main functions of fitBIT as a smartwatch tracker.

For example, we could say that the "Flare" clock face has a nice looking, though the real dots are not so shiny and has no pixel details (not as beautiful as the advertising picture). But, this Flace clock face could not display the Heart Rate. Its functionality is too simple. Who want to lower the value of their smartwatch tracker to be a conventional digital clock? Heart Rate monitor should be able to be displayed on all of official fitBIT clock faces.

Ideally, we should be able to design our own clock faces (D.I.Y. feature). There are so many smartwatches overthere have the feature to select each element of the clock faces. We could select the "second hand" or the "minute hand" according to our preference. Background colour can be chosen from the colours chart. Fonts can be adjusted, in size or type. Position of the elements could be modified.

Anyway, I think this is ONLY A DAY DREAM of Blaze users.

If only five normal clock faces has already locked down the current firmware update to unspecified timeframe, I just wonder how many years will it take for their programmers to realize this dream into reality.

Best Answer
How is it that I'm seeing people with the moment clock face? This is just confusing:(
Best Answer
0 Votes

@NoahFit wrote:
How is it that I'm seeing people with the moment clock face? This is just confusing:(

5% of owners received the update and managed to change the watch face.  Due to some unknown issues, the selection of the new watch faces has been stopped while fitbit work on the problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, 100% of users initially received the update in error. It was then pulled back. A lot of people installed the update and put one of the new faces on their Blaze. Those people may still have one of the new faces.

Best Answer

@SanFit wrote:

Basically, all official fitBIT clock faces SHOULD have the main functions of fitBIT as a smartwatch tracker.

For example, we could say that the "Flare" clock face has a nice looking, though the real dots are not so shiny and has no pixel details (not as beautiful as the advertising picture). But, this Flace clock face could not display the Heart Rate. Its functionality is too simple. Who want to lower the value of their smartwatch tracker to be a conventional digital clock? Heart Rate monitor should be able to be displayed on all of official fitBIT clock faces.

Ideally, we should be able to design our own clock faces (D.I.Y. feature). There are so many smartwatches overthere have the feature to select each element of the clock faces. We could select the "second hand" or the "minute hand" according to our preference. Background colour can be chosen from the colours chart. Fonts can be adjusted, in size or type. Position of the elements could be modified.

Anyway, I think this is ONLY A DAY DREAM of Blaze users.

If only five normal clock faces has already locked down the current firmware update to unspecified timeframe, I just wonder how many years will it take for their programmers to realize this dream into reality.

I think there is something rather strange with the way even the current watch faces are selected - no way of doing it on the device, it has to be done via the app.  The selection and subsequent resync take a little time and the watch restarts itself after selection (or at least that is how it appears).

From the sounds of it, the watch face details are stored on fitbits servers, and then downloaded to the watch whenever you change your selection.

Which is a tad strange.

(I'm waiting patiently for the new watch faces, specifically the one that always shows the heart rate - after all, one of the primary functions of the blaze is heart rate monitoring!)

Best Answer

@dorketh wrote:

I think there is something rather strange with the way even the current watch faces are selected - no way of doing it on the device, it has to be done via the app.  The selection and subsequent resync take a little time and the watch restarts itself after selection (or at least that is how it appears).

From the sounds of it, the watch face details are stored on fitbits servers, and then downloaded to the watch whenever you change your selection.

Which is a tad strange.

It is true. Clock face should be able to be selected directly from the tracker. It is really very unconvenient if we have to connect to smartphone or computer.

It seems that the system keeps the memory space in the tracker for only one clock face at a time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SanFit wrote:

@dorketh wrote:

Which is a tad strange.

It is true. Clock face should be able to be selected directly from the tracker. It is really very unconvenient if we have to connect to smartphone or computer.

It seems that the system keeps the memory space in the tracker for only one clock face at a time.

Relatively restrictive device memory, or they're wanting to keep the storage on the device for future updates.

I'm guessing that Fitbit have decided that people won't change the clock face that often and will tend to settle on a face that fits them.  I'm currently on "original", but am eagerly awaiting "moment".

Best Answer
Hey, I just had a though.

Aside from inflicting pain on myself (I get thinking cramps. You don't get thinking cramps? Consider yourself lucky. They smart.), it made me wonder why Fitbit chose to have the faces in the cloud.

How about this?

We know that it means they can pull faces if there's a problem with them, so it follows that they can add faces too. The Fitbit just needs to have the mechanics to display them when they are selected. Maybe that's what this update was.

Maybe we'll end up getting seasonal faces, with Christmassy colors during the winter months and red white and blue in early July...

Now all of the mods are freaking out because I'm promising features...

But basically, what it would mean is that instead of maybe hardcoding support for the faces into the Blaze, they would have typified the faces so that they can just design new ones and pop them up online.

¯\\_(ツ)_/¯

A guy can dream, right?

But it wouldn't be a bad idea. It would keep Blaze users engaged if they got notifications saying "there's a new watch face available for your Blaze! Available for a limited time!"

Of course then you could use it forever, if you never changed it, because it's downloaded onto your Blaze.

Dream dream dream dream dream dream etc...
Best Answer

@NoahFit wrote:

I am not in the 5%, but I did download the update within a few minutes of release, and sampled every clock face.  Then Fitbit started the roll back of the update and started taking the faces away from everyone, and the Moment was the one my Blaze at that time.  When I look at the options to choose from the Moment is not there, but I guess I just got lucky that it has not deleted itself.

I know a lot of people had the same sort of thing happen, prior to the roll back.  From what Andrew (moderator) said, new clock faces have been disabled from ALL users, including the 5%.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The fact that a simple firmware update can be this messed-up -- and it deals only with COSMETIC issues like clock faces -- does not bode well for Fitbit's ability to solve other problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Corvettekid wrote:

The fact that a simple firmware update can be this messed-up -- and it deals only with COSMETIC issues like clock faces -- does not bode well for Fitbit's ability to solve other problems.

It also included bug fixes and the reminder to move.

It isn't purely a cosmetic update.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Then when will be the finale release of the update because I really want moment and I had it when it came out but it glitch on me?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@NoahFit Check the lead post of this thread for that answer.

Best Answer

the update has not yet reached me but i was wondering why and what issues are going on with the update and how did only a few people get the update, thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EllisIngraham Check the lead post of this thread for that answer.

Best Answer

Andrew,

I'm happy to be added to the beta 5% if you want send me a note.  I can give you my account info.

@Corvettekid wrote:

Having worked in software development product management for over 10 years I can assure bug free software doesn't exist.  You always try your best to catch things in the QA process but that doesn't always happen.  It's impossible to test every virtual scenario so you try to get 80% of the scenarios you can think of done.  I'm confident FitBit is working their hardest to resolve this for everyone.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am having the exact same issue.
Stuck on argyle face. Go to change the face via the app and there are no choices available.
Fitbit please sort this out!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Essexgirl As detailed in the first post of this thread: please use the website dashboard to select one of the original clock faces and then sync your tracker.

Best Answer
Will give it a go thanks!
Best Answer
Try changing it from a computer go into your settings the gear on the Fitbit website and go to devices scroll down to the clock display and pick your style sync and it should change to what you choose.

Sent from my iPhone 😃🌸🐶
Best Answer
0 Votes