Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep stages not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sleep stages not working since updated on Tuesday...  See attached

Update.  Still not working and no respond from Fitbit...

IMG_0280.PNG

Best Answer
131 REPLIES 131
All mine shows is sleep hours as well.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Prasadp, I don't see in this thread that your issue has been fixed. If not, there is another thread with what looks like the same issue. Why my sleep tracker doesn't track deep light and rem. This looks like a new issue for some users. One of the two users posted a screen shot that indicates to me that Fitbit support needs to get involved.

I hope your issue was resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My issue has been fixed. There was about a week where it quit but it has been working fine.

Sent from Joanne's iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband and I have two Fitbits. Regardless of which one he wears, he gets sleep stages every night. Regardless of which one I wear, sleep stages are sporadic. I have a very low resting heart rate. Could that be the issue??

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jrome, How low is low? My resting heart rate has been as low as 65. I have see a heart rate as low as 54 beats.

I went back and looked at times in the past where my sleep stages failed to show for more than three hours of sleep. My HR including resting were higher than my normal. I see no other correlations.

My suggestion is to contact Fitbit support. They can look at your data and see if they can find a correlation. If so, they may be able to refine the calculations to make it work for you. (and others)

Best Answer
0 Votes
My resting heart rate is 52-55. I will give them a call. Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My resting heart rate is between 51-55 and it seems to be working fine now.  I had a couple of days a few weeks ago since the first time I posted having an issue with this so I figured they must have fixed the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine isn’t working since yesterday 

Best Answer

My unit is new, and I’m totally dissatisfied with it. All I want it to do is track my steps and show me my sleep stages. The latter function has never worked. All I get is a line that says nonsense like 8 hours sleep, 37 minutes awake, 48 steps. Yeah, I know how long I sleep, and it’s not 8 hours. I know it takes me awhile to get to sleep, and I know I’m not sleep-walking when I get up in the middle of the night. REM sleep? Deep sleep? No info on those. What a croc. And the unit doesn’t even track my steps...it tracks arm swings. What, all that pushing a shopping cart around a mega-Costco doesn’t count? I have to put on some slinky spandex and prance along the street with my earbuds giving me rhythm? Not likely. Doesn’t count the time I spend riding my bike or hauling hoses around the yard,but it does seem to count when I’m standing still and pulling weeds. Go figure. I hear a fix is in the works for the sleep stages, but if it doesn’t happen within my 30-day return period, it’s going back. I’d do better walking and counting my steps...even if I lose a few numbers while trying to count, it’s no less accurate than this digital unit.

Best Answer

Exactly my experience also.   Sleep stages worked the first night on my new InspireHR, then not all.

Best Answer
0 Votes
While I had this issue when I first got the FitBit, I eventually found the spot it wanted to be on my wrist. Now it rarely misses recording a night correctly. We had the same thing happen with my husband’s more recent purchase, but now after trying several different positions on his wrist and getting a strap for it that was big enough, it’s working correctly, too.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Reasons Sleep Stages May Not WorkReasons Sleep Stages May Not Work

Best Answer
0 Votes