Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep stages for Blaze

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit Blaze and the help section states it should show me my sleep stages, for example, light sleep, deep sleep, and REM.  My app and dashboard are not showing me this information.  It is only showing me time asleep, time restless, and time awake.  Where do I go to see my sleep stages?  I have had my Blaze for a year now and it has never shown my sleep stages.

Thank you.

Best Answer
268 REPLIES 268

Same here, worked for two nights, then reverted back to old data display. Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don't know if you did this or not but Turn your Fitbit completely Off then Back ON then hold down the left button and lower right button at the same time for 10 seconds or until the Fitbit Logo comes on. Go to your settings and set your heart rate from Auto to ON. It should work after that.
Check the next morning. Good Luck.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll try it

Best Answer
0 Votes

The restart did not work for me. Again, I got the firmware update and then got  a really nice stages display that shows your bechmark, 30 day average, that night's stats for four nights but that is gone. I do see the stages if I swipe at the top but it's totally different and not as informative of what I had for four days. 

Best Answer
Great, thank you, I tried it and will check in morning😀

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lemskamp wrote:

I have a blaze, did the update, loved my two nights of sleep stages....now back to the old version of sleep.  Is Fitbit gonna roll out a fix?  I reset, restarted both watch and app....nothing.  Very disappointed😔

Yep, I also got one night showing only minimal sleep stage data (saturday) and then, nothing.  I was told via private message on twitter that it would be referred to tech, but I'm dubious of that, if I'm honest.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It sounds like they have bugs to work out. I wish I knew. I didn't realize my battery was so low until it was time to go to bed so mine was on the charger

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone! I'm happy to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

I've seen many users saying that they're not seeing sleep stages working since the day after yesterday. Sleep stages are working. In fact, both, sleep stages and the former sleep log is working but, there are some details you need to keep in mind in order for you to be able to see sleep stages which will not show as that if certain requirements are not met.

Your tracker needs at least 3 hours of sleep data to estimate your sleep stages, so you won’t see sleep stages for shorter naps. This is for you guys to keep it in mind. It happened to me a few nights ago that I did sleep the whole night but I was waking up and getting up from bed every now and then. Not a very good night. And instead of seeing sleep stages, I saw time as restless, awake and asleep.

In general, here are some tips to take into consideration and reasons why you might not be seeing sleep stages on your dashboard:

You will see a sleep pattern instead of sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your tracker from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely on your wrist
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours
  • If your tracker’s battery is critically low

I can back this up with the following screenshot:

upload.png

Yeah, I know I will probably die for no sleeping but about the thread, for the days that have less than 3 hours, the regular old sleep log shows. Also for example, on friday, my battery was really low and my tracker died overnight. That's why it didn't reach the minimum of three hours of sleep.

Hope you find this information useful and anything you may need, let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

this morning I woke up with the new sleep tracking again. I did nothing new or different. I really like it. Hope it stays.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on having the same issue. Today is only my second day with my device - My graph showed perfectly yesterday - all sleep patterns and a great graph that was easy to read.  Then this morning - it only has 3 part information and a bar graph (that is REALLY hard to read). I didn't have battery issues - it seems to be fine on my wrist.  My husband has a new Charge 2 and his graph had the same issue this morning.  

Best Answer

Except that doesn't seem to always be the case Ferdinand. I've had 5 consecutive nights of the new Sleep Stage estimation while wearing a Blaze with the v17.8.401.3 firmware; two nights ago it reverted back to the old sleep-pattern and it didn't seem to meet any of the 3 specified reasons listed in this article, suggesting there are additional reasons that haven't been discovered/fixed yet. I slept for more than 3 hours (5.5 hours in fact), my battery was half full at the time of syncing, and I actually downloaded the interday heartrate data and there didn't seem to be any major lack of heartrate data.

The sleep record was 29,158 elapsed seconds with 12,198 hr recordings and it reverted to the old sleep pattern. The first night sleep stages was calculated was 27,095 elapsed seconds with 11,435 hr recordings. If I did the math right, that should be 25.32 heartrate recordings per minute yielding the new sleep stages system, and 25.10 heartrate recordings per minute yielding the old sleep pattern system. One difference I did find is the sleep log has heartrate recordings as low as 47 bpm at times, but that might actually be relatively accurate as my lowest bpm during a polysomnogram was 48.

However, this morning I didn't want to take any chances with bluetooth syncing since I've had brief syncing issue in the past, so I connected it via the usb cradle this morning after waking up and synced it using the Windows 10 Fitbit app and got the new sleep stages. It might be unrelated, but just wanted to mention that it might be worth trying to sync with the usb cradle if the 3 reasons listed above don't apply and bluetooth syncing consistently reverts to the sleep pattern system.

Best Answer

Hi - Is there an ETA on when the sleep stages will be released on the Blaze?  Very confusing as I received an email a couple weeks back stating this feature was available, but it is not.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Released last week

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine showed up again this morning. We'll see what happens going forward. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've taken all updates for my device and My Blaze seems to be very inconsistent in how it records my sleep since taking this update.

3/28 - Recorded  Stages

3/29 - Recorded Stages

3/30 - Stages Not recorded

3/31 - Stages Not recorded

4/1 - Stages Recorded

4/2 - Stages recorded

4/3 - Stages Not Recorded.

Seems like something is off still

Best Answer

A friend of mine has a Blaze and has the REM sleep feature now.  Will the Charge HR be coming soon?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I got a full reading last night, I suspect it only happened because I restarted the device (pressing the three buttons) just before bed.  I will do same tonight, and cross my fingers, frankly.  This does make me think that there's a bug in some users' updates (the latest blaze one, I mean).  The conditions as mentioned by Ferdinand don't really seem to apply to me either.  I'll be chuffed if it works as it's interesting data but NOT if I have to restart my device every night. Sort it out!

Best Answer
I no longer have to restart mine.
Once was enough.
You should be fine

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sleep stages came back for me last night afte having disappeared over the weekend. I turned heart rate to "on" as well as "all day sync", I also left my cell phone on all night (usually I put it in airplane mode when I sleep) and tightened my wrist strap by one notch so it wasn't quite so loose. Tonight I'm going to experiment with the way I was using my Blaze last week when the sleep stages were working - I'm going to set heart rate to "auto" turn off "all day sync" and put my phone back into airplane mode.  Then we will see what happens. 

Best Answer
Airplane might be the issue.
I'm interested to find out

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes