Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add OnePlus 6 into your supported devices for Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Bought OnePlus 6 today since my old iPhone decided to die. I'm off to a vacation tomorrow, where I hoped to count lots of steps, but ...drum solo... then I found out that OnePlus 6 isn't included on the list of supported devices. This is like uber crap. OnePlus 6 is a major player at the moment on the smartphone market and if Fitbit tries to position itself as a major brand, then it should fix this thing like ASAP...
I mean, a good company should use data about the market to make changes to its product software compatibility. Since OnePlus 6 has been selling pretty good, then it's also probably very likely that those people also own Fitbit. Right now it looks like I won't be using Fitbit during my trip, which in terms of customer experience is pretty s***.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Rumberg! I totally understand your point. Note that the devices on this list have been confirmed as fully compatible with all features of Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app. While a phone or tablet may not be verified as fully compatible, the Fitbit app may still work with your device. 

Our team routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit app, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. Be sure to verify that your phone meets the minimum operating system requirements. Note that the majority of Android phones running version 4.4 or higher will work with our products. 

If your phone supports Bluetooth 4.0, I'd recommend giving the setup flow a try to see if you can successfully connect your tracker. 

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have no new Android in your List... so why you post the list if you dont update it?

Best Answer

Hey there @Pong, welcome! I totally understand you. I'd recommend keeping an eye on our supported device list, this list gets periodically updated once a phone has been fully tested and approved as fully supporting the Fitbit App.

Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. Woman Happy

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another vote to update the Fitbit supported device list to include the One plus 6. For a phone that is so popular to not be completely compatible is really disappointing. Please let me know as soon as it is updated so I can use my Fitbit and the app to it's fullest potential .

Best Answer

@Aling It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Thank you for your vote in this regard. While the phone isn't listed as compatible it doesn't mean that it won't work. What type of issue are you having with it? Have you tried any of the suggested troubleshoots?

I look forward to your reply!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The OnePlus 6 doesn't sync properly, though did work fine for a couple of weeks. Keeps telling me there is a Bluetooth issue. This does confuse me as I am paired with several other Bluetooth devices and no issues with those. I am mega disappointed! Fitbit need to get on top of the android market! I'm not interested in apple phones or, consequently, the iwatch so this was my go to fitness watch! Please fix! I need the simple things, like a buzz when my phone rings, as I rely heavily on such features!

Best Answer

Welcome on board @Suzixxx. Thanks for jumping in here! I totally understand where your concern is coming from. The reason of why your tracker is not syncing to your OnePlus 6 is because this mobile phone is not yet a compatible device. Please refer to my post above for more information. 

Additionally to what I mentioned previously, if your phone is managing multiple Bluetooth connections simultaneously:

• Your Fitbit device might stop syncing or stop receiving notifications.
  • You can experience interruptions with any consistently streaming Bluetooth connection such as headsets, car kits, stereo audio, tethering, and file transfers.

These interruptions are typically caused by operating system and Bluetooth limitations. It's also possible that an app on your phone is causing the issue.

If you have an Android phone, try these steps:

1. Turn off the Always Connected option in the Fitbit app.
  2. Disable other Bluetooth connections when not in use.
  3. Check to see if your phone has an app compatible with Ford Motor Company's voice control system. If so, disable Bluetooth on the app if possible or uninstall it.

The API used in these apps makes it difficult for Fitbit to communicate reliably with your phone. Ford provides a list of apps but note that other companies may use the API as well.

If there's any questions present, let me know. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds like it's time to take a look at android wear devices. This is very disappointing. The only Oneplus on the list is the OnePlus One? Ridiculous.

Best Answer

@LensWiz Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! The list only shows the devices that have been tested but it isn't exclusive. Many phones do work with Fitbit devices those include OnePlus 3, 3t and 5 based on other member's experiences posted in the community (feel free to search for these phones here). My suggestion is that you try the troubleshoots here and see if they work for you.

Keep me posted!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

But it appears tat the Oneplus 6 no longer works with Fitbit since the Oreo update. The troubleshooting doesn't fix the problem.

Best Answer

I also own a One Plus 6 and can't get it to sync often enough. It's frustrating as I came off the back of a S4 that also has issues. At least my Galaxy Tab S2 is syncing with Charge 2... for now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there,

I can understand if the Fitbit and the app won't reach the fullest range of functionality but I'm having issues with Bluetooth connectivity since the new Android update! This means the most basic function of my Fitbit, to track and sync with my account no longer works, which effectively makes it useless. I have been using pedometers for years now and most recently switched over from the Apple Watch (when I was using an iPhone) to this (when I moved to a 1+6 AndrioA phone) and have found it lacking in several areas .Suffice to say that this recent development is a final nail in the coffin for my Fitbit. 

Best Answer

As other uses have noted, the sync issues are much worse now, following the latest Android update. I think I'll need to find a new watch unless there are developments underway to address this quickly?

Best Answer

Agreed this needs to be escalated and resolved, we need more than the company line here!  Get our Fitbits syncing with our OnePlus6 phones or goodbye Fitbit!!!!!

Best Answer

We need more than the company line.  Escalate this issue and get our Fitbits to sync with our OnePlus6 phones or goodbye Fitbit!

Best Answer

OnePlus 6T is now available and the 6 is not yet on the compatibility list.   A high percentage of the Android phones on the list are (nearly) extinct.  Why is it only the Fitbit users see this as a serious problem?   Get on with it Fitbit.

Best Answer

@jwilliamsmusic @Dardar2 Welcome! It's good that the community is growing! Sorry to hear that your tracker isn't syncing with your phone and for the delay in my reply. Your phone doesn't show as compatible but that doesn’t mean it won’t work it just means that it hasn’t been tested by our team. You can try going to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. After this try syncing them. Also, if you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on.

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I saw this post was from a while ago. I have a Fitbit Versa and just got the Oneplus 6t, will this phone be added to the list of compatible devices?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErikML Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Thank you for your inquiry. Not sure if it will be added or when but as I mentioned that doesn't mean it won't work. Please try the suggestions in my previous post to see if they work for you.

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes