Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminders to move not working on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My reminders to move have not been working since the latest update.  I've tried toggling on and off, disconnecting and reconnecting.  Getting a bit frustrated as it's been over 2 weeks now.  

Best Answer
285 REPLIES 285

For reminders to move to work. They need to be turned on, this can be done through the app or web yhen a sync. If the one way doesn't work, try the other way.

Number two, follow @catmom6's advive and cjeck the settings on the tracker itself.

Best Answer
0 Votes

FYI Derrick, none of these measures will work. Trust me, myself and many others have tried them all.  What DOES work is to go to your clock screen, then hold the button in until you see notifications and more than likely it will be in the off position.  Hold it a bit longer and the notifications will work again.  It happens to me everytime I put in in my charger.  I can't believe your support staff isn't mentioning that to people on the phone when they call in.  I tried it per advice I read on here and it worked the first time.  Have been getting my reminders and my texts for the first time in a LONG time!  Seems like you'd save your tech people and your customers a LOT of heartache just by mentioning this super simple fix.  

Best Answer

Just a suggestion,,,,got mine to work today.  Go to your clock face and hold in the button until it shows "notifications".   More than likely it will be off.  Hold the button until they go on again,,,,your notifications should work again.  It seems like it automatically goes to off when I put mine in my charger.  Just have to turn it back on again each time after charging.  

Best Answer

My notification mode is always showing ON and I have tried everything but I do not get any reminders to move.

Best Answer

It was showing notifications as on in the fitbit app for me too. I tried what Jenny posted and it worked. On your actual fitbit device go to the clock screen (that is the first screen mine shows up as). hold the button (you will see the notifications pop up) if it shows off, keep holding it (it will turn it to on). Everything is working again.

Best Answer

Hi ya,,,are your notifications showing "on" on your app or on your watch?  Or both?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jenny.Braun they need to be on in both places.

When mine don't work, but show as being on, a simple restart of the phone does the trick.

Best Answer

I was having this problem, only the reminders to move weren't working, other vibrate functions were fine. One possible solution that seems to have fixed mine is that my sleeping schedule was overlapping the move reminders completely, so the sleeping schedule was disabling the notifications. There was no warning note that they'd do that, so I didn't realise and tried all the other steps mentioned on this page before resetting the sleeping schedule so it didn't overlap the hourly activity schedule. Seems to be working again! 

Not sure if I replied to this in the right place, I just made the forum account to say this in case it helps someone else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue, walk notifications are not showing up and am missing the hourly vibrations! Interesting that its been almost a month since this thread started and the issue is not resolved.

Fitbit can you please start moving!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have had the same issues since the firmware update, and yes, have tried everything in this thread--and yes, notifications are on on the device and the app. Also, worked with support, and they walked me through several things that also didn't work. Finally I got an email from support saying they are aware of the problem and engineers are working on a solution. After a couple more weeks, I emailed again asking if they had a timeline for a fix, and was told they didn't. Got excited yesterday because I got ONE notification, but now not working again. Anyone else have any luck yet?

Best Answer

@vruditys wrote:

It was showing notifications as on in the fitbit app for me too. I tried what Jenny posted and it worked. On your actual fitbit device go to the clock screen (that is the first screen mine shows up as). hold the button (you will see the notifications pop up) if it shows off, keep holding it (it will turn it to on). Everything is working again.

Tried this, didn't work for me. Also spoke with support and tried their "troubleshooting" tips. The rep said that they are aware of the issue and have already fixed it for some. They submitted a ticket for me and told me that it is a tracker by tracker issue. 

★Kit N.★
Versa 3, Versa (retired), Charge 2 (retired), Charge HR (retired) | Pixel 3a XL
Best Answer
0 Votes

Seeing as I've only had my Charge 2 for a couple of weeks I wonder if I can exchange it.

Or I might as well go back to the Charge HR — really miss getting notifications.

Come on, Fitbit. Let's get this 250 Steps patch sorted already.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am going to return the tracker unfortunately.. $150 for a device that is
missing a key feature! Extremely disappointed this has not been resolved
since Christmas. I'll have to look at other fitness watch options..
Angela
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sometimes I need to wait a day or two for heart rate info to show; until then, it might show incomplete data or nothing at all. It's something I've noticed since I bought the Charge 2 last October, although I haven't contacted support about it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What exactly in the sleep settings did you reset?

The silent alarm? Target goals?

I too get all notifications EXCEPT the reminders to move. They just stopped working after the latest firmware update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't do a thing. Just hit the button on the side of the watch,,,hold it
in and it will say notifications. Should say "off" Hold it a bit more
until it turns to "on". That's it. Super simple. Happens every single
time I put it in the charger.

Moderator Edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer

Thank you so much, I have used your suggestion and it would appear that the notifications were turned off.....I shall not move now until 10 minutes to the hour to ensure it works! :0)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got off the phone with Fitbit and they said they are aware of the Reminders to Move not working and are fixing the problem in the next firmware update, which he said would be late February/early March. 

Smiley Indifferent

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same is happening to me and none of your suggestions worked. Everything is set up on my Fitbit just like you said. It was working and just stopped the beginning of this week or over the weekend, not sure exactly when that happened. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's really too bad as that is one of the main reasons I got the Charge 2. 

Best Answer
0 Votes