Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware update silent alarm issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 went through a firmware update today (v20001.88.11) and now there isn’t an option to set a silent alarm. During the update it said that they would be deleted and I’d have to reset them but that option isn’t anywhere that I can find it now. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

According to the release notes it is no longer in the app, instead you set alarms on the band itself. Of course I'm still waiting for the update, so I can't speak from my own experience.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
200 REPLIES 200

According to the release notes it is no longer in the app, instead you set alarms on the band itself. Of course I'm still waiting for the update, so I can't speak from my own experience.

Best Answer

Ahh! Good to know and thank you so much!

Best Answer

Can't find it anywhere on the unit itself. It has been deleted from the app.

Best Answer

I was able to update and load one alarm. However, before I had 3 silent alarms. I’m not sure if I can do that now. 

Best Answer

You have to do it on the band itself but it's really changed. You have to swipe left and go to alarms. But it will only let me set one alarm. Before I had one set for every day at the same time.

Best Answer

I know. That's all I could do. I used to have one set for the same time every day. This is very frustrating! I don't want to have to remember to set a new one each day.

Best Answer

I find it impossible to believe that someone OK’d removing the silent alarm functionality from the app and moving it to this clunky version on the Fitbit itself. Seriously?! Someone should be fired. Put it back on the app Fitbit! This is ridiculous. I had three silent alarms I could easily modify and now I’m trying to get through this 1980’s level **ahem** on the device itself. JFC. Appalling lack of UI awareness. Fire them. 

Best Answer

Like others, I find it incomprehensible why this "update" would remove a key functionality of setting alarms on the phone app.  Setting alarms on the app is way more user-friendly than doing so on the device itself, particularly as it was easier to set rules for repeat alarms, have multiple alarms available etc.  This is such a backward step in a key functionality that I have used every day, that I would not have accepted the update if I had known I would lose this function permanently by doing so.  

Best Answer

I have to agree. The Charge is so small compared to the phone that managing multiple alarms and setting repeating alarms is extremely cumbersome having to use only left, right, up, and down swipes to go through all of the options. This might work if you have 1 alarm that doesn't change much, but if you have 2-3 alarms that you change daily, doing it on the watch is much more cumbersome and also much more error prone in terms of missing something.

Best Answer

Un freaking believable. Goodbye Fitbit with this PATHETIC update. 

Best Answer

Let's see if they come through with a patch to remedy this stupid move! In trying to figure out how to get things to work, I now have a long list of alarms, although they aren't turned on they are still on the Charge 3. Maybe I'll figure out how to delete them, but so far not so good!!

Best Answer

After reading this forum and seeing I can set the alarms on the watch, I tried it.

I set an alarm.  No problem.  Then I went back to the alarm feature again, and the previous alarm was there, plus a "+" in a circle.  If you click that, it willl allow you to set more than one alarm.

I now have 2 alarms set.

But, I agree with everyone else. This is stupid.  Put it back on the app. So much easier to manipulate.

Best Answer

If it wasn’t for this forum I still would not know why the silent alarm disappeared from the app. How did they make such a stupid mistake. Idiotic move from Fitbit may indicate it is time to consider a brand change to Whoop.

Best Answer

what a fricking stupid thing to do,. 90% of the time  i can't even read my display since it is so dim even set to normal. now theytwant me to set and maintain the silent alarms on the display how stupid.....yes it is time for a new watch and not a fitbit.  and yes i am yelling

Moderator Edit: All-caps

Best Answer

This is the functionality that I use the most. The is such an appalling customer experience.  I would now not recommend the product. Fix it now please. Roll back the update.

Best Answer

I have posted in the Features Suggestions why I think silent alarms should be reinstated after having a chat with one of the agents. It would be good if more people did that as well please.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/idb-p/features

It is not possible to roll back the firmware update on my Charge 3.

Best Answer

Completely agree. Why on earth would they remove that function in the app. Dumbest move. Makes me so angry. FITBIT please fix this issue it’s brutal. 

Best Answer

Yes, you can add multiple alarms right on the band.

Best Answer

I figured out how to do it on the watch, but really is a pain.  Who would change that feature, silly.  Put it back on the app.

Best Answer