Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 3 screen black, unresponsive

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello...

My charge 3 fitbit fitbit screen went totally black

It doesn't response to tapping. 

I charged it today to 100%.

3 hours ago it was working fine, i saw the steps the clock everything.

But upon checking now, it shows nothing and it doesn't sync with my phone.

The green light in the back is working and the side touch button is vibrating on touch as usual.

I didn't do any activities like running or anything. I was just sitting in the library when i noticed it. 

Please, help.

TIA

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Try restarting it several times. If that doesnt bring it back to life, try a long restart. If that doesnt fix it you will need to contact Support (link in my signature).

Restart your tracker

CHARGE 3 LONG RESTART
Plug the device into the charging cable. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds. Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen. Remove the device from the charging cable. Plug the device into the charging cable again. The smiley face icon appears on the screen.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72

Try restarting it several times. If that doesnt bring it back to life, try a long restart. If that doesnt fix it you will need to contact Support (link in my signature).

Restart your tracker

CHARGE 3 LONG RESTART
Plug the device into the charging cable. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds. Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen. Remove the device from the charging cable. Plug the device into the charging cable again. The smiley face icon appears on the screen.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

It doesn’t charge 

Best Answer

So..... re screen on my Charge3 is blank, I've tried to restart many times... and it's not working at all. The green light still works but i have no idea what to do now.

Best Answer

Ok, the restarting part didn't work forr me either

But after trying everything, i decided to try something else...

I synced fitbit watch  to my phone app, and wentwto change the clock face.

And surprisingly the screen was on again.

So try to do it, i hope it helps..

If it doesn't, call cs ...

Good luck 

Best Answer

Thank you! Your advise worked perfectly!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got my new Charge 3 today, but the screen stays black, so I can't connect it to the app on the phone.

Tried the restart (normal and long) but nothing works.

My phone says that it found the Charge 3 and I have to type in the bluetooth code that should be in the display of the Charge 3, but that is black, so no code.... 😞

Best Answer

Try to charge it to 100% then start syncing it again.

if nothing works, i suggest you return it and get a new one .

Best Answer

This worked for me as well. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has happened to me on my Fitbit Charge 3 twice now and I've only had it 2 months. Is anyone else having repeated problems?

Best Answer

yes I have it now.  What is going on with fitbit.  I> thought this was a good product  I have had other problems also.

Best Answer
Yes It did to me too but help was offered by the customer service through live chatting

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

You can't press the button while the Charge 3 is charging.

Best Answer

I have reset my Alta three times holding the button for 8 seconds, while plugged up to charging cord & laptop and the smiley face appears and then it goes black again.

I also did the long reset for 15 seconds and the smiley face appeared before I finished counting, but then it went black again. 

Any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I returned my Fitbit over a month ago. Have not received my refund yet.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try changing your clock preference to a different look, and then changing it back. That always works for me. 

Best Answer
I don't have the watch any more. I returned it 2 months ago. It wouldn't
sync with my Samsung phone.
Best Answer

You explain or point out where "the button" is located.

Best Answer

Thanks, that reset worked perfectly!

Best Answer
0 Votes

By the way I have the Fitbit HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes