Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you adjust Interval Timer on Charge 3?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just bought a charge 3 and in the exercise tracking feature the “interval timer” exercise on the Fitbit tracker stops after 10 minutes. After 10 minutes it goes back to the time/home screen. Can’t figure out how to stop that. I want to stop my interval timing workout manually when I am finished. How do I adjust it? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
33 REPLIES 33

Hey there @Jkirby1, it's nice to see you around the forums! Please check that your settings are as desirable. 

By default, the interval workout consists of:

• Move period: 30 seconds
  • Rest period: 10 seconds
  • Repeat: 14 times
  • Total time: 9:20 

To set custom intervals:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Exercise Shortcuts.
  3. Tap Interval Workout
  4. Set your intervals.
  5. Sync your device to save the changes.

Let us know if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

That doesn’t solve it. On my charge HR, I would hold the side button down and have the tracker track my workout until I held the button down again to end the workout on my Fitbit and see the details on the workout. That’s what I want to do on my charge 3. Yet when I choose the interval setting (even if I set a goal of 20 minutes) the tracker stops at 9 minutes and some odd seconds. 

Best Answer

I would guess that the goal is simply a reference point that Fitbit will then compare to. If you want to change the total workout time to 20 minutes you will have to increase the number of intervals. In this case "Repeat" 30 times with the default interval.

Desired Workout Time (seconds) = Interval (Move + Rest Time)   x   Repeats

Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is not working. I have tried several times and it keeps going back to the default. From what I am reading after a Google search it looks like this is a glitch in the system. Very disappointing as using this feature during my interval training was the main reason for getting the Fitbit Charge 3. I may have to exchange it for the Apple 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree with above poster, just want to know how to end the interval timer if I’m finished with a workout and it’s still going

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to me too. No matter how many times I change the intervals in exercise shortcuts it defaults to my last setup when I sync. Sounds like the default for you, and 20/10s for me x14. The changes don’t stick. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No matter what, the intervals keep foing back to the prior values. The saves never change. Ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

After I changed my interval setting through the app, I selected "sync now" on my device page (same place where I accessed exercise shortcuts).  Now when I use my fitbit, the interval workout has been updated.  I tried before, without selecting sync now, and my fitbit was still giving me the default settings.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having problems with mine saving the times when I adjust them. Even did the sync now in the settings and it keeps goin to default

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried to adjust the interval times both on the app and on the online dashboard and no matter what I do, after I sync my Charge 3 the intervals automatically return to the default setting of :30 and :10.  How do I permanently make the change I want.

Best Answer
I removed the app from Fitbit then put it back on and that sorted it 👍

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

How do u remove the app from the Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to exercise shortcuts and at the top right corner you should see edit, tap that and you will see the red minus button appear next to each activity, click on that and it’ll remove it. Go back and sync device then go back into exercise shortcut and add activity which is at the bottom +exercise shortcut 👍

Best Answer

I have a Charge 3, and when I sync it after changing interval times, it sets back the times it had before. It drives me completely nuts and that was happening on my charge 2 as well. For example if i set a 30/30, and I change it to a 30/25. After I sync it it goes back to 30/30. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I set my phone on airplane mode, made the changes to the interval timer, waited for it to update on the Charge 3 and then turned off airplane mode. This worked for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much. Your solution worked for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can not change interval training. I want for 1 minute rest 30 seconds for 40 minutes. How do I change the Charge 3 to this?

Best Answer

13A3ED75-EE26-48FA-B00E-FCBD81F989D0.jpeg

Tried this last night and it worked. You have to delete the current interval workout and add a new one with the time you want.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, finally a solution that actually worked! It's ridiculous that it is this hard to change the interval time!

Best Answer