Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you adjust Interval Timer on Charge 3?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just bought a charge 3 and in the exercise tracking feature the “interval timer” exercise on the Fitbit tracker stops after 10 minutes. After 10 minutes it goes back to the time/home screen. Can’t figure out how to stop that. I want to stop my interval timing workout manually when I am finished. How do I adjust it? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
33 REPLIES 33

This solution worked for me too. Thanks Dinkum Dave!!

Best Answer

It still doesn’t work for me 😞 I have tried deleting, restarting, flight mode, different network you name it. Does anyone have another suggestion what to do? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue. It used to work and now it doesn’t. 

The values dont don’t reflect the values I change it to in the application or the website. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has worked consistently for me - usually I can change interval times 2 or 3 times, then it stops working again, I delete that shortcut, put it back, and all good for a few more times.A763B5AD-5769-4050-A2DD-A17384975E1A.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarreFitbit I just tried following the steps you outlined to change the interval timer times on my Charge 3, but despite syncing it doesn’t change on my Fitbit, it immediately switches back to the default on the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there!

I know I am late in the game to this issue but I thought I'd reach out to save people some time. I was just on the phone with Fitbit for an hour today trying to troubleshoot this issue. For me, it was a simple fix. I didn't need to uninstall the app (although, I did that)....didn't need to sync every time I made a change, but I tried that too! Didn't need to restart my device although, yes! I tried that too.

I'm embarrassed to admit but I was MANUALLY trying to type in new values. Turns out, I HAVE to slide the values. No typing allowed. Issue solved. It worked for me and I hope it works for others. Hour of my life: wasted. 😆

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the charge 4, and no matter what I do, the interval workout time reverts back to :45 seconds of work, and :10 seconds rest. I want to set it to :20 work time and keep the :10 second rest. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey! Did you type in the numbers or did you use the sliders? Just double
checking because I was typing in the numbers on my keyboard, when the app
only accepts changes by scrolling to the desired time.

Let me know if that works!! 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much for those concise directions! I couldn't figure out how to add or edit Intervals to my Charge 3 and your answer made that possible.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried every single suggestion on here and have not had any luck. It makes trying to follow an interval video workout nearly impossible because it doesn’t keep up with the 40 seconds on and 10 second rest! Super frustrating!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I totally feel ya! I was on the phone with Fitbit for nearly an hour when
we discovered I was entering the interval times wrong. Did you try manually
scrolling instead of typing the times in? That's what solved it for me. I
hope it works! Then make sure to sync your watch after changing the times.
Let me know if that helps!!
Best Answer

Yes, my app only lets me scroll so that is what I did and I synced my watch right after.. MULTIPLE times! I think it has to be a flaw with the watch for this many people to be struggling with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, it's a pain in the arse. Sorry - you shouldn't have to deal with
that. Maybe tell them it's faulty. I know how crazy it drove me for such a
simple thing to not work. They need to hook you up with a new device!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

That would be really nice! I doubt it will happen. Whats crazy about this whole thing is on my account on the website my interval exercise timer is set to 40 seconds move and 10 seconds rest, which is what I want. On the app and on my watch it is at 30/10. 

Best Answer
0 Votes