Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third-party clip for the Charge 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, my beloved One has just died, and I am looking for a replacement. I don't do wristbands. Has anyone found a third-party clip for the Charge 3 (or 2)?

I've only found this little pouch, which still looks quite bulky. I'd really like a silicone one like the One had, or something similar. https://www.amazon.co.uk/holder-fitbit-fitness-tracker-wristband/dp/B01MA1WNOU 

**I know the HR won't work, but I don't plan to use that anyway. I'm also aware that the step count may be different, although from reading the forums it sounds like it's more accurate anywhere but the wrist, whatever the moderators may say.**

Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome on board @EofA1154, it's nice to have a new member around! Smiley Very Happy Sorry to hear that your Fitbit One died. I've been upgraded my Fitbits, having the Charge 3 now, but I definitely miss my Fitbit One (fav)! Heart

Charge 3 does not come with a clip, but I definitely passed your feedback on to our team on the need for a clip accessory. Hopefully, we will see something in the future. 

For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. 

If you like a clip tracker, I'd take @JohnnyRow's suggestion about the Fitbit Zip. Robot Very Happy To get more information about this tracker, see the Zip Manual by clicking here. You can find this tracker in our store: https://www.fitbit.com/shop/zip

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
66 REPLIES 66

You could get a clip-on Zip.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Welcome on board @EofA1154, it's nice to have a new member around! Smiley Very Happy Sorry to hear that your Fitbit One died. I've been upgraded my Fitbits, having the Charge 3 now, but I definitely miss my Fitbit One (fav)! Heart

Charge 3 does not come with a clip, but I definitely passed your feedback on to our team on the need for a clip accessory. Hopefully, we will see something in the future. 

For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. 

If you like a clip tracker, I'd take @JohnnyRow's suggestion about the Fitbit Zip. Robot Very Happy To get more information about this tracker, see the Zip Manual by clicking here. You can find this tracker in our store: https://www.fitbit.com/shop/zip

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

The zip doesn't count stairs or track sleep.

All l want is to not lose functionality I had with the One, and to clip it in my bra where it isn't visible. I don't understand why that is so hard.

Best Answer

Y'all stop suggesting a Fitbit Clip. Smiley Frustrated That thing is NOTHING like the One, and very bulky besides.  

Best Answer

@MarreFitbit Thanks for passing the request along!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're very welcome @EofA1154

Hi there @Chess, thanks for jumping in here! For both of you, I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Rest assured that our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products and services.

Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. 

If there any questions present, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How difficult would it be to create a clip that protects the end connectors and lets people put it in their pocket when they don't  care about the heart rate? This seems unreasonable.

Best Answer

Thanks for jumping in here @SJCfhr! Totally understand your point. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs

If you have any questions present, let me know. 

Best Answer

No clip from anyone that I can find, but I just found out there are companies that make a "connector" clip that covers the ends and lets you buy bands or create your own attachment with attachment pins to that connector.  Fitbit is unresponsive to our needs, so we need to look for 3rd party solutions. I can't believe they are eliminating an entire industry (health profession) with their reluctance to make this available.

Anyway, I think with the "connector" solution you could make your own "fob" or clip by attaching something with the pins or just put it in your pocket.  Search for Charge 3 connector lug.  I am buying and will put the Charge 3 in my pocket when I want to wear my watch or bracelets, knowing the ends of the fitbit will be protected.

Best Answer

@SJCfhr wrote:

No clip from anyone that I can find, but I just found out there are companies that make a "connector" clip that covers the ends and lets you buy bands or create your own attachment with attachment pins to that connector.  Fitbit is unresponsive to our needs, so we need to look for 3rd party solutions. I can't believe they are eliminating an entire industry (health profession) with their reluctance to make this available.

Anyway, I think with the "connector" solution you could make your own "fob" or clip by attaching something with the pins or just put it in your pocket.  Search for Charge 3 connector lug.  I am buying and will put the Charge 3 in my pocket when I want to wear my watch or bracelets, knowing the ends of the fitbit will be protected.

They are eliminating most skilled trades workers as well. Who wants to have a fitness tracker and not be able to use it for the 8-12 hours/day that we are at work.  I don't want it on my wrist to get caught in a machine. I have a Zip (useless, eats batteries like candy), One (currently on its last legs.). How hard is it for Fitbit to read the forums and see how many people use a wrist tracker on a clip because of work due to the fact the Zip is not good enough.

We also want a clip because wrist based tracking isn't steps it's activity. From the forums it seems the Charge 3 is a lemon but I was looking to upgrade to it and use it on a clip at work and be able to use it on my wrist with the advanced activity sensing at the gym since the One will not track elliptical etc.

Best Answer

Hi @SJCfhr and @bp22_ca! Totally understand where your concerns are coming from. I really thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit environment, customer service and devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

Your understanding is truly appreciated. Have a nice day! 

Best Answer

Ironically I found a third party clip for my Alta HR on amazon. Totally fit the bill after my beloved fit bit one died. I do miss stair count but will survive. If a third party made me for Alta why not charge???

https://www.amazon.com/TOMALL-Replacement-Silicon-Fitness-Trackers/dp/B07DXNL27L/ref=asc_df_B07DXNL2...

Best Answer

I'm here looking for the same thing. 🙄

Best Answer

Excuse me. The only reason had the one was for the clip..speak for yourself. I now have in my opinion a less featured Alta HR because my one died. Only option I could get with clip. I can’t have a wrist band due to working in manufacturing plant and my husband work on equipment and can’t  use it either with out a clip 

Best Answer

Would the Charge 3 fit in the silicone holder you found for the Alta? There is a home made snap-on holder for Charge on Etsy. https://www.etsy.com/listing/270343186/fitbit-tracker-wear-any-fitbit-device-on?ref=shop_home_active...

I am also looking at the ankle bands as an alternative. If you want to just put the Charge in your pocket that will work for basic step counting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the One since it was released, bought one extra one before it was discontinued.  I still use it daily.  When looking for a replacement I've purchased the Alta, Charge 2 and now the Charge 3 and have never wore any on my Wrist.  I have always use a 3rd party clip for the Alta, Charge 2 and now my Charger 3.  For the Charge 2&3. I use the IBREK compatible with Garmin Vivofit 3/jr/jr2. Replacement Belt Clip.  You get 3 clips for about 10.00 Us on Amazon. ibrek replacement bands vivofit 2 jr clips.https://www.amazon.com/iBREK-Replacement-Vivofit-JR-Black-Tracker/dp/B0722LFQCV/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?...

Best Answer

The Zip does eat batteries like candy, it was my first Fitbit and I would never go back. I love my One more than any other tracker. I got an inspire through work but miss having the altimeter. I thought I would hate having a wrist Fitbit...and I kind of do hate it. If my inspire wasn’t through my work I was prepared to end my Fitbit addiction. I don’t understand why fitbit isn’t being more responsive to us One users. Ive been following threads like this for more than a year. They almost always have a moderator suggesting a zip which is insulting. If I started with a zip and upgraded to a one, why on earth would I go back? I like that I can shower and swim with it my inspire, but man I miss my One. It was dying. I’d like to get a charge with a clip...in addition to the concerns of those that can’t wear a wrist tracker for jobs, there are those of us that think wrist trackers are ugly. I have too many pretty bracelets and they just don’t look nice with a tracker. I was curious if I would look at my Fitbit more on my wrist...not really. I don’t want my text messages on my Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I had abandoned my dead as doormail one in February and replaced with the Alta HR which I am finding out has also been discounted or soon it will be. I could take not having star measurements....but it was small and I found a third part clip since I cannot wear it at work due to being in manufacturing plant. I do wear it on m y wrist and the gym per my trainer request.

however I am right there with you. They just don’t really, care I have decided.

Best Answer

I fixed the problem of the Charge 3 not having a clip by putting it in a small jewelry pouch and using my Alta or One clip to clip it to my underwear.  I put the pouch facing my skin.  The clip keeps it secure and inside the pouch.  It tracks my flights, my steps, and, believe it or not, my heart rate.  I use a 1.5 inch pouch that I got with a necklace from Amazon. Works great.  Wear it all day and no one needs to know it's there.

Best Answer