Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 black screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We have a Charge 5 that's only a few months old. This morning it stopped synching. The screen is black. We have tried the reset and it only flashes the Fitbit logo and does nothing else. Not sure what else to do.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone!

Thank you for sharing your experience and troubleshooting. If your Charge 5 display is unresponsive, try restarting it by doing the following: 

• Connect your device to the charging cable.
  • Press the button located on the flat end of the charger 3 times, pausing for 1 second between presses. Then wait 10 seconds or until the Fitbit logo appears. For more information please see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the issue persists, please get in touch with our Support team. Hope this helps!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
336 REPLIES 336

Mine is doing the same thing - started this morning.....😠

Best Answer

mine also has black screen and not responding to the re-set ,, not even a year old ! 

Best Answer

Same issue here I tried to reset That did not work.  

Best Answer

I have the exact same issue and it also started today.

Best Answer

Mine started this morning too. Now there's just a circle with x inside it and I can't do anything with it.

Best Answer

Just started happening to me today as well.  It must have been a software update..

Best Answer

SAME! Mine started Saturday. I thought it was a dead battery, but it won’t charge and the lights on the back won’t come on.

Best Answer

Happened to mine last week. Have contacted support a lot and nothing they have done has helped at all (resets/new watch faces). Hope they can figure this out.

Best Answer

So it seems a few of us are having the same issue , so what happens now ? a Fit Bit Moderator replies to help us ? 

Best Answer

I hope so!! Or someone says what we should be trying. It's obvious that it's a larger issue than just one person now. 

Best Answer

Same here! I tried pushing the button on the charger 3 times-the logo comes on then goes black again…yesterday it drained battery to alert level twice so left it charging overnight and it was black screen this morning…only had my watch since Feb…update since this morning…watch worked for about 2 hours then battery down to 1% now…on the charger again…tired of this! 

Best Answer

I called tech support on last night, they had no resolution for me. My Fitbit charge 5 is on however display isn't showing. I know it on because the green lights come on when I tap it. When I do the reboot it shows the Fitbit logo then goes black. Tech support had me take photo of the green lights showing with a blank screen. I emailed it. Waiting for  a response. 

Best Answer

When it happened to my first one I had to put it on the charging dock then press the button on the other end of the cord 3 times and it re-booted, this time its not working

Best Answer

I'm having a similar issue.  Before my screen went completely black, it looked like there was a contrast issue, the part of the display that was normally black was bright and washed out.  I charged it up to 100% and I took it off the charger and it drained to 84% before it went completely black in about 10 minutes.  I haven't seen the fitbit logo or anything since that point, even after trying the reset.  Now it feels like its overheating when I put it on the charger. No green lights on the bottom. 

FYI, completed the troubleshooting steps to no avail on my end.  Fitbit is sending a replacement.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, thank you for all the information provided about this issue with the screen of the Charge 5 and the troubleshooting steps that you already tried. 

I'm sorry to see that many of you are still having this problem, even after completing the restart. Other users have experienced this problem and some people have found useful the standard troubleshooting steps listed here below: 

• Complete the three pulse restart method with the charging cable. 
  • Please follow these steps in case you're having trouble to charge your device. 
  • Please sync your device in the Fitbit app by tapping your profile picture > Charge 5 > Sync Now.
  • If you  can't sync, tap on your profile picture > Charge 5 > Tile to see if a firmware banner appears. 
  • If it's still unresponsive, please try changing the clock face as well and check if you're able to see anything on the display. 

In this case, if you continue to experience the same problem after the steps mentioned earlier, I do recommend that you continue the communication with the Customer Support team so they can provide you with the next steps. You can click here click here to get connected and chat with us online or give us a call. 

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience and comments about this. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

I tried the reboot, however not able to change clock face because I unpaired device from phone. And not able re-pair them because I cannot see the 4 digit code on the device. 

Best Answer

tried the 3 pulse restart, nothing, I click my profile pic and all that comes up is personal, badges and trophies, groups, guided programs and health assessments, I did find the face options via app  BUT its NOT giving me the install option. Is this going to be an on going problem if so I am NOT prepared to try for a third charge 5, touch screen is NOT good.. have to take it off while doing boxing due to the gloves keep touching the screen ,, problem with first watch, this time I take it OFF before each bout,, what was wrong with the side taps ?  # years of having Fit Bits this is the WORSE one so far in my personal opinion, will be interesting to see if any one else is able to fix using the above information  WHICH was avail on U TUBE, I was hoping to get a more detailed reply rather than the standard copy paste.

-----------

Sorry Mr David  please can you provide me/us with a Customer Support link ? all I can find is sign in with Twitter or Google of which I have neither. 

Best Answer

Hi

I have tried on numerous occasions to restart. I have had the Fitbit logo flashing, then the red circle with a white cross in the middle and now absolutely nothing. The charge 5 will not connect to my phone via Bluetooth so I cannot change the clock face. I have restarted my phone and forgot the device but it still will not find my phone.
Is there anything else I can try?

Best Answer

I don't think that you are reading our posts - the screen is black - you can do nothing to it, let alone change a clock face.  Please take the time to read what we are putting in the post before responding with the same things we have already done.

Best Answer