Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Charge 5 Firmware Release - Version 1.171.50

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Charge 5. Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

See What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? for release notes.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step-by-step instructions for updating your Charge 5. If you run into difficulty updating, see Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
1,125 REPLIES 1,125

There are no new clock faces at the moment, still the 24 that were previously in use

Best Answer

Thats weird. 
https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1372.htm

VERSION 1.171.50

Long term fitbit user since Flex. Some behaviors are rude.
Best Answer

Went through all the steps and Charge 5 still not holding a charge after so many hours. When will the issue be corrected? 

Best Answer

Ever since it installed on my charge 5, my device is now not functioning. I have contacted customer support and they assisted me and left me at they are checking my warranty and they would email me within 24 hours. That was yesterday, July 22nd at 7am. It is now over that time and I have heard nothing.  At this point I just want a refund of what I purchased it for. I still have the receipt from Best Buy.com to show them.   It does nothing for me if I can’t actually use the device I paid for and the monthly fee I am paying to get the premium 

Best Answer

I bought my at Best Buy in January 2022. I don’t think I have that option.  I wish I could, I would just break down and buy an Apple Watch 

Best Answer

Hi everyone, I appreciate all the comments and feedback provided so far about this update. 

There are several topics being discussed, so I will share some steps for some of the things shared in this thread. 

If the screen is not responsive for any reason or the battery is not charging, make sure to follow the steps listed in this article and complete a three pulse restart method as described here

Battery life should also be improved after the update, make sure that you've completed the update if you're still having this issue. In the meantime, please review the steps listed here. Keep in mind the update is still being rolled out and you should all receive it soon. 

Regarding the update, in case you're having any problem to complete it, you can follow the recommendations in this article: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? Keep in mind that updates are released progressively and it's recommended to sync your device frequently. 

Some people have also mentioned they're not able to see any new clock faces, let me know if you were able to complete the update. To check your current firmware version go to your dashboard > Tap on your profile picture > Tap on Charge 5 > You should your current version at the top. If you still don't see the clock faces, please follow these steps as well: 

• Log out from the app.
  • Clear Cache for the Fitbit app on your phone's settings. 
  • Restart your phone. 
  • Log back in to check if you're able to see the clock faces. 
  • If you're still having trouble, try to set up your Charge 5 as a new device in your account. 

If you already have the update and you're still having some of the problems mentioned earlier, please get in touch with the Customer Support team so they can provide you with the next steps. You can click here to get connected. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Since installing the new update, during workouts, my device vibrates and alerts when I am in the different hr zones. I have everything turned off, including for each individual workout, and in settings on the device. How do I turn this off? It's real annoying.

Best Answer

@DavideFitbit

This update does NOT improve battery life... it absolutely decimates it. 

My battery dies form 100% to zero within an hour.

Prior to update the battery would last all week.

Have you actually read our comments?!

You need to ROLL back this disaster of an update.

My device is only 5 months old!!

Best Answer

Me either. Just a continual battery  drain after 30 mins 

Best Answer

I have actually done that with the customer service assistant on the chat and nothing worked my device is dead my app still says it’s looking for it it.  my battery life was at  75% when it went kaput I have no other options it won’t even locate the device. I just want my $150 that I spent on this device back. 

Best Answer

@DavideFitbit I've received the update and it didn't help with the issue. I'm no longer a loyal customer and no longer believe what the Google/Fitbit Support people state. Yesterday I chatted with Luis after my Fitbit Charge 5 display froze on the fitbit startup logo. This is where the Fitbit Charge 5 display remains. Luiz used a tool and told me to expect 3 emails within 10 minutes to start the replacement of my device. Sadly the three emails were never received. Today I'm looking into purchasing a Garmin. During my shopping experience I noticed the Charge 5 is now down to $99 which to me only supports this battery issue is a big problem which may not be fixable.

Best Answer

I agree with you about a rollback and think it may not be so easy or possible for them to do. Thus why they may be pushing off this possibility. Sadly my Fitbit is no longer blue toothed to the app and the fitbit is stuck in an unresponsive start screen displaying the fitbit logo.

Best Answer

I spoke with a lady named Amy,  she told me to expect an email within 24 hours. Well it’s WAY past that and still no email and my device is still not working at all. I have done everything they have asked me twice now, and still NOTHING!!! I am giving them till Monday and I will start another chat.  
Right now I just want my money back.  I am looking into an Apple Watch. 
I dont like this device. 

Best Answer

Thanks Davide.  My phone has the latest version. I Have tried what you suggested, but i still don't see any new clock face.  Can you please include a picture of the new faces so we are all sure on what to expect/look for?  How many new faces? How many should be in total?  It seems a very misterious one.... 🙂

Best Answer
I agree 100%-fix it or give me money back !
Best Answer

I have the updated version and tried all of the above. Still don’t see any new clock faces. 

Best Answer

I deliberately don't synch much and do a force stop on the Fitbit app after I'm done using it.

Best Answer

After I installed the firmware update, my Charge 5 stopped working.  It is stuck on the clock face and no longer scrolls horizontally or vertically.  It loses it's charge rapidly after being unplugged from the charging cable - from 100% to 4 or 5 % in just a few minutes.  It does not record any activity.  As it was working fine before the firmware update, I suspect that the update is the cause of these issues.  The community feedback indicates many others are having similar problems.  Is there a fix available for the firmware update?  What do i do with my replacement fitbit to avoid these issues recurring?

Best Answer

My charge 5 worked fine thurs. Friday I noticed the charge was draining faster. I looked atbthe app and saw there was a software update. I went through the steps to complete the update but it wouldn't install correctly, it kept failing.  I called customer service. 3 calls later the software was updated but my battery doesn't hold a charge at all. It actually drains from 100% within an hour to completely dead! I was told to wait for an email that I would receive in 24 hrs. I'm still waiting 2 days later.

Best Answer

Yes same with mine! And keep getting a run around from customer service. I got my fitbit for Christmas so it's about 6 mos old

Best Answer