Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Charge 5 Firmware Release - Version 1.171.50

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Charge 5. Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

See What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? for release notes.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step-by-step instructions for updating your Charge 5. If you run into difficulty updating, see Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
1,125 REPLIES 1,125

Thank you for the information.

I look forward to trying the new release when it’s available.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks so far to all your input … let’s keep this discussion alive.

I will not “ungrade” until “users” confirm it will not brick my pebble.
Best Answer

After having my Fitbit Charge 5 replaced twice under warranty, I have moved on.

I have had my Garmin Vivoactive 4 for about a month now, and it has been trouble-free.  My 2nd replacement for the Charge-5 had shipping issues, I lost my patience, and bought the Garmin for about $180.  I did eventually call Fitbit and they sent a 2nd replacement, but I am not going back.

The Garmin is quite a bit larger, which concerned me initially, but now I no longer notice it's there.  The display is certainly easier to read and with 2 buttons, it's a bit easier to set.  I find the dashboards and apps are equivalent.  The Garmin has better battery life, even comparing it to the Fitbit pre-firmware debacle or whatever it was.  The old Fitbit would go 3 days, the Garmin goes 4.   Of course, after the firmware update, the battery life was about 3 hours.

The Fitbit is cheaper, of course, and I was a happy customer since Charge-2.  But enough is enough.  Good luck to those sticking with Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was surprised to see the thread shut down as well since the issue is NOT resolved as far as I know. I have not updated to firmware Version 1.171.50 after getting a replacement for my charge5 that went bonkers after the firmware update. Now I've encountered another issue of my tracker not being able to sync/pair after upgrading to android 13/One UI 5. The charge 5 is my first fitbit device and so far the experience has been lacklustre... My cheapo miband seems to be more reliable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit is not changing date and time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
… and you wonder why they shut the forum down ???
Best Answer