Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Charge 5 Firmware Release - Version 1.171.50

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Charge 5. Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

See What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? for release notes.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step-by-step instructions for updating your Charge 5. If you run into difficulty updating, see Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
1,125 REPLIES 1,125

I haven't seen anyone yet who reports seeing new clock faces.

Best Answer

same issue here!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 5 battery suddenly dying fast, been told this firmware update will fix it. Can’t even get the update and judging by feedback I don’t want it.

Upsetting j have a useless device few months old and support are just telling me to wait for an unknown amount of time. Great 

Best Answer

Is the a way to downgrade? This update is total crap and shouldn’t be released. It ruined my charge 5 which was working fine before. 

Best Answer

You apparently received the update that all of us who already had the 1 hour or less battery drain issue were promised would fix the issue some time ago. Now Fitbit will add insult to injury to those of us still waiting for an update that early experiences confirm doesn't resolve the problem or creates it on devices that didn't have it.    Pathetic treatment of many previously loyal customers.  P.S.  I'm on my second charge 5 since December 2021 and that April Warranty Replacement (could not charge, Dead Screen), has been useless for almost 2 months now.   Not the best marketing plan.

Best Answer

Interesting-I have NOT been updated as it still says version 149.1 not 171 of whatever it is.  The weird thing is my watch was fine until they started the firmware changes. Wow 2 months!!! I was angry with 2week of a useless watch.  I keep check it - nothing. Lots of “be patient” words but no action.  

Best Answer

Agree pathetic company service-I think they are in over their heads and have no idea what to do.  Suck up the loss and replace ALL no working Charge 5!!!

Best Answer

Well not given update yet but my battery was fine until this mess started last week.  Dammed if I do **ahem**ed if I don’t-time to buy a new tracker from a different company 

Best Answer

June 30th my fitbit stopped counting steps and started experiencing battery problems. Heart rate data and sleep data weren't being collected either. Contacted customer services and ran through all the advice. Installed the update. The watch was useless. 

Over a week later the step function came back but the battery is still poor. No HR or sleep tracking. I pay for premium so I've not been able to use this service since these problems began.

Customer service keeps telling me to wait for the firmware update, but it's been almost a month. I'm starting to think that it's not coming. 

I'm really unhappy with this. Such a poor service from fitbit, in their product and their customer service 

Best Answer

Wow! Fitbit needs to be reported for the crappy products. I have gone on site that provide their product and provided what I have personally experienced. Poor service.

Best Answer

Did not work. Still have issues!!!!!

Best Answer

Eeek - my phone app is now showing that the firmware update is available to download. After reading all the feedback above, I do NOT under any circumstances want it. I want to stick with the old firmware. But I am now unable to sync my fitbit with my phone. The tracker is useless if I can't extract data from it.

Is there a way to decline the update and just carry on with the old firmware?

EDIT: I contacted Customer Support who were unable to explain how to decline the update. Well, they just said to click on the X to get rid of the notification but the update banner is still there when I go to the sync screen and I also read somewhere that the firmware starts to download in small amounts during syncing. Has anyone figured out how to decline it?

Best Answer

Beyond frustrated - I did the update and now my screen is not responsive and my battery is draining in just a few hours. And the clock lags in loading. my device is only 7 months old!

Best Answer

Mine stopped working BEFORE the update unfortunately. This is my first fitbit and it's going to be the last unless something changes quickly. 

Best Answer

I believe that you are right that something has happened that is catastrophic and they don't have the manpower or knowhow to deal with it. It could very well be that they are understaffed as so many companies now are. I'd like it know how many people have had problems with the update vs how many have not. But that would definitely be proprietary information. 

This would probably explain the spurious ticket they opened because of a comment I made to someone else about a problem that I am not having. This would seem to indicate that they are in panic mode. 

I think the thing to do is just wait a week or two and see what happens? I'm stopping commenting now, and will just try not to get the update.

Best Answer

Just wanted to say Thank you! I finally received an email from Fitbit Support for replacing my defective Fitbit Charge 5 Device.  I'm a happy camper😀

Best Answer

Yes, it’s total bull crap. There’s is no way you can maintain the product without a correct firmware update.The problem is Fitbit doesn’t have one that will correct the current issues. Theywant you to have patience or invest in another product. 

Best Answer

Lucky you! What is going to happen when the new one is due for an update? Just saying. 

Best Answer

Totally agree

Best Answer
0 Votes

The charge 5 was lowered to the same price at Costco several weeks ago. Everyone is getting lots of complaints about this watch. The update is not fixing the issue. They need to recall and replace. 

Best Answer