Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Charge 5 Firmware Release - Version 1.171.50

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Charge 5. Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

See What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? for release notes.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step-by-step instructions for updating your Charge 5. If you run into difficulty updating, see Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
1,125 REPLIES 1,125

Update competed, but no new clock faces.  I even cleared data, stopped file and signed in again - no luck.  When will this be fixed????????

Thanks, -kent

Best Answer

Heard really good things about the Garmin and if you got to replace the Fitbit every 6 months worth investing in Apple. 

Best Answer
I'll check it out. Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The watch only syncs to your phone when you open the app on your phone. Having Bluetooth always on will not change this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been tracking this thread for a week. A lot of people keep asking why not seeing new watch faces after upgrade. Just didnt see any one from Fitbit wants to explain or even show us what are the new faces look like. I started to suspect there are no new faces actually as what the release notes mentioned.

Best Answer

@fdl75 if that comment was in response to my post, if I leave bluetooth on, the app constantly syncs with my watch whenever the phone is close enough. I suppose it wouldn't if I actually quit out of the app, but I only close it. A couple of nights ago I forgot to turn bluetooth off after syncing before I went to sleep and it had synced during the night. It only stopped because the firmware update notification arrived and stuffed up syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LiJaHi Yes , but that’s because you keep the app open on your phone. The watch only syncs when the app is open and running.

I have my Bluetooth on always , never turn it off. The watch doesn’t sync until I open the app. And I always close it right after. 

Best Answer

The issue is then that "Find my phone" will not work, becoming basicAlly a useless feature

Best Answer

@fdl75 in that case, other than force quitting, I don't know how to close the app. Turning bluetooth off is easier than force quitting and I don't need or want to have bluetooth on all the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is anyone anywhere able to see the new clock faces? I'm very curious to what they look like. I've updated, and tried the extra steps to see the clock faces but still the same stat light clock faces. I hope we get a stat heavy clock face that doesn't involve so much swiping and tapping to read our stats. 

Best Answer

Still doesn't hold  charge after update Contacted support gave option of new tracker or 50% discount on new one DO NOT TAKE THE DISCOUNT It voids your warranty and you don't get your money back Ended up paying more for a sense than if I'd just bought it in the first place Left with a charge 5 that is useless and out of pocket Support do not listen just reply with how it will help in the future Thanks for nothing Fitbit 🤬 Will be the last one I buy 

Best Answer

I did test the feature and it works. It will only work if your phone and device are within Bluetooth range. It is using Bluetooth connection to find your phone. Hope it helps.

Best Answer

Updated fine but there are definitely no new clock faces, still the useless 24

Best Answer

I updated my Charge 5 two days ago. Last night I went to synchronize and found my device was dead. Before, I would charge it about once every 6 days. Seemed strange that it drained completely in one day. Putting it on the charger just showed the logo for a second then a black screen that was unresponsive, so I performed the reset Fitbit recommended. It charged, but now it only shows the charging screen even though it’s on my wrist, and it’ll drain the battery in 4 hours. What was this supposed to fix, exactly? 

Best Answer

👆”I updated my Charge 5 two days ago. Last night I went to synchronize and found my device was dead. Before, I would charge it about once every 6 days. Seemed strange that it drained completely in one day. Putting it on the charger just showed the logo for a second then a black screen that was unresponsive, so I performed the reset Fitbit recommended. It charged, but now it only shows the charging screen even though it’s on my wrist, and it’ll drain the battery in 4 hours. What was this supposed to fix, exactly? “

👆 This is the exact description of my own experience with this FW issue. 

Best Answer

I wish I had thought to check here before installing the update but I didn't and I was hopeful that it would fix the notification issues I was having.

The update seemed to install (got a big checkmark) but then I was stuck in an endless loop of being prompted to update and then "not working" and "try again".  However, it says I have version 1.171.50 so I guess it worked after all.

My battery would normally be at about 40% after 7 days and I haven't noticed any excessive drainage so far.

I have 24 clock faces so no new ones apparently.  I want time, HR and step count at a glance and it seems the only face that will give me that is Slashed, which I find visually ugly but it's what I've used all along to get the stats I want.

For the past couple of months I've lost my 10K step notification, and my hourly movement reminders.  I've done the 3-press restart on the charging cable dozens of times; no change.  I've done the restart from the Fitbit settings dozens of times; no change.  Then I lost my silent alarm.  No bueno. I feel like I've regressed to a Charge 1 without the fun of getting a step achievement notification (which my old Flex never lost) and a less attractive display.

I've just been waiting for my vacation and some spare time to commence the customer service battle as this thing is only 8 months old.

Best Answer

Fitbit charge 5 doesn’t track the eep

correctly. It always loses the first hour. Always! If not fixed I’m returning this useless

object. Already tried to do everything. Someone can explain me why first hour is lost????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cannot see any new faces. Not even a little bit! 🤣

I was prompted by the app for the update. So I did. I saw the new "find phone" app/feature and I found my phone with it. Works!! But no new faces to be found anywhere.

Followed the troubleshooting steps listed by DavideFitbit.

Still nothing! Contacted the customer support team by chat, but again Nothing!! They told me to wait for it to appear automatically at some point, only after confirming I did everything mentioned by DavideFitbit here.

In summary: New update successful (yay!). New feature "find phone" unlocked (Oh Yeah!). No new faces visible, except for the sad one in my mirror 🙄

BeaminKnight

Best Answer

My Charge 5 has great battery life and I’m satisfied with the clock face. Perhaps the best answer is not to update until Fitbit eliminates the bugs described here and a new update is posted that has been thoroughly tested.

Best Answer

Since the update, my Fitbit is not properly recording calories burned for exercise, nor zone minutes.  For example, a 1 1/2 hour bike ride that usually burns about 300 calories recorded 65 calories burned and no zone minutes!  Help

Best Answer
0 Votes