Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Charge 5 Firmware Release - Version 1.171.50

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Charge 5. Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

See What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? for release notes.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step-by-step instructions for updating your Charge 5. If you run into difficulty updating, see Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
1,125 REPLIES 1,125
Same as mine. It always says upgrade and I say NO
Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s an app problem I believe.

Steve

Every great picture starts with a negative.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Only recently less then a week ago, i've updated my charge 5 to he 1.171.50 version... After this it started to drain batteries like craze (3-4h and it's gone)... When there will be any fix provided and/or how can i downgrade the version on my Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You cannot downgrade you have to return the charge 5, Im wondering why fitbit did not remove this update, even they have a lot of complains and return because of this update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why fitbit did not remove this update, even many are returning there tracker because of this update? Why? 

Best Answer

@Lutik Since you just received your replacement , can you ask Fitbit on the same ticket regarding the terms of warranty on this replacement - will the period start afresh i.e new 12 month warranty on the replacement ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
“… Im wondering why fitbit did not remove this update, even they have a lot of complains and return because of this update. ”

More than a few are wondering this and why the new firmware hasn’t been released even though it’s now part of replacement pebbles.

Steve

Every great picture starts with a negative.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
The term and end date of your warranty remain the same; there's no extension.
Best Answer

@Matt2022 Very good question, unfortunately left without an answer. I guess my response will be switching to something else if it breaks again after the warranty expires. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sad thing !, simple strategy just use the replacement as it is, hopefully it will keep performing flawlessly , I have the old fitbit that got messed up after the update and I have synced that to my secondary phone and test fitbit account and I keep checking if there is a fresh update on that , only then I may think of updating the replacement, but 99.9% I will just keep the replacement on 57.20001.142.37 and use it as it is (getting almost 4-5 days battery life). Is there a way to supress the update software notification on the app? I always fear clicking that as it pops up every time I open the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kaustav243 I Have just got in touch with customer support and sadly it only confirms what everyone else is saying - 12

month warranty is for a new device that you pay for. If it is replaced for any reason the warranty does not renew. 
(even if it keeps on breaking down)

Best Answer

@SteveCDN I gather if everyone is asking why and no one can understand, it is most likely about the money

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kaustav243 I do not know how to get rid of this notification and have the same worry as you do, that I will click it by accident. But I hope it would ask me again and I could cancel before it installs. 
@SteveCDN suggeted it was an app problem and I think it may be but I don’t think I can get an alternative app

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got off the phone with a Fitbit support supervisor who gave me the most encouraging information yet about this issue.

I installed the update on my Charge 5 in July, and the Charge 5 stopped working as a result - similar experience to what many of you reported.

I received my replacement Charge 5 with version 20001.142.37 and based on the issues still being reported, am not installing the current update, anticipating that it would destroy my new Fitbit too.

Some of you reported receiving a replacement Fitbit with a later firmware release, .183 I believe.  The supervisor told me that that release is still being tested; i.e., it is not generally available.  She has no planned release date for the new release - and I am fine with that; I don't want it released until it is truly tested and ready. She offered to send me an email when it is tested and available (and when I receive such an email, I will share the information with this group).  She said that after the later version is released, I should be able to update my Fitbit by clicking Update, and bypass the firmware release causing these issues. Meanwhile, I will not click on the Update button.

I suggested that the Fitbit Community would welcome an official communication from Fitbit to this effect, and the supervisor assured me that she would pass this suggestion to Fitbit management. 

I hope that this provides some peace of mind for you.

Best Answer
Thanks for this.

It Fitbit (mis) management doesn’t understand the issues and process, then we are in real trouble
Best Answer
0 Votes
I think that they understand the issues and need to communicate more with us.
Best Answer
I think we are in trouble.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been a customer of theirs since they came out with a Fitbit zip. I can’t even remember when that was. 2010? I’m a premium customer as well. I’ve had so many devices I can’t count. They did something similar to me with their version one aria scale. Thing stopped working and they didn’t back it. Told to buy a new one.

My device keeps losing battery overnight. Fully charged at 90+ at 11 PM. Woke up at 4:30 AM and it was at 6%. Talk to customer service who told me the usual crap — essentially my settings were causing it to lose power. I stopped her there and said I think we both know that’s not the problem. They offered me 35% off a new one. I go on their site, it’s $99. 35% of $99 is not what it checks out as — $97. Because guess what? The discount isnt good on the sale price. But there’s NOTHING on the email that says that. This company is absolute sh*t.

Best Answer

I would be interested in hearing if anyone has moved over to an Apple Watch or knows anyone with an Apple Watch and how if it works with my fitness pal and counting more than just steps – does it count exercises. From what I am led to believe you have to put them in manually but I’m hoping that’s wrong

Best Answer