Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge HR stuck on connecting to Fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there, 

I've got a fitbit charge hr and for the past year almost it never connects to my phone. Im using an iPhone 7 plus. Ive downloaded the newest version of the fitbit app, reset my tracker, heck even created a new account......

It always goes its found my fitbit then gives me a 4 digit number and after that I enter the number and its stuck on the connecting to fitbit page forever...

Please help me I would really like to use my fitbit again 😞

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.  I have moved your post to the Charge HR board to increase the chance of getting a response.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I started using my old Charge this weekend and went to add it to the phone. Charge had been in a cupboard for over a year and completely flat and needs an update too. Spent an hour stuck on the trying to apply the 4 digit number numerous times. Tried different devices and no luck.

Finally got the Charge HR to sync by performing a FACTORY reset, not a reboot, a full FACTORY reset. Instructions are:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1606

After the factory reset, the Charge connected on the first try to my iPhone 6 and an Amazon Fire 8 tablet. Hope this helps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
62 REPLIES 62

A warm welcome to our Fitbit Community family @sammy93!  Thanks for stopping by guys! Cat Happy

Thanks for all the details, sorry that your Charge HR is giving a hard time. I'd suggest cleaning the charging contacts on the back of your tracker first in case that you haven't do so. These contacts can become obstructed by microscopic dirt or debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger.

Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts; do not scrape them with anything metal because this may damage the plating and result in corrosion; as you said that it started this unusual behavior last year and there is a big chance that you haven't use your tracker that much.

Then follow this syncing troubleshooting steps to reconnect your Charge HR with your phone. Have you tried to connect it with another device? When a tracker is not connecting successfully with a mobile compatible device, we usually try the computer to help it to connect. Then we tried with the phone again to check if this helped. I'm very interested in keep helping you out with this issue.

I'll be around! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

it is imperative that you do the following:

reset your fitbit device (https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1606)

uninstall the app from your android device

restart the android device

install the fitbit app from the playstore

run the app

create a new fitbit account (do not use an old account)

from the app, find the setup a new device option

sync your fitbit following the onscreen instructions

p.s. when asked during sycing to press and hold the button for three seconds, just don't and still your android device will find your fitbit and connect to it

hope this helps

Best Answer

I am having the same issue and have followed the help guide on here and am still having the same issue.

Best Answer

I had the same issue. Just did everything listed in the reply above and it still does not go beyond "connecting..."

Any suggestions?

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Same problem here, tried all suggested solutions without success.

Best Answer
What are we gonna do now?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

I also haven’t been able to get past the “connecting to fitbit...” after entering the 4 digit code. I’ve tried restarting the app, my phone, the fitbit, my wifi, my bluetooth. Just got my charge hr. Not sure what’s next.

Best Answer

Same issue here!  How frustrating.

Best Answer
I wonder if anyone from Fitbit monitors these forums. They have a lot of dissatisfied customers over this issue.I am about to go buy some other fitness monitor and scrap my Charge HR....
Best Answer

Hi there guys, great to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

Thanks a lot for trying the suggestions that have been provided above!

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having problems with your tracker not connecting to Fitbit. Now, I'd like to know if you've confirmed that you're using a compatible mobile device. If you've not checked this yet, please, take a look at this list of compatible devices

In the case you're using a device that is not compatible, when it comes to devices compatibility, keep in mind that the two devices that are for sure not compatible at the moment are the Huawei P9 Lite and the Huawei P8 Lite.

For all other devices, if they're not on the list of compatible devices, you might be able to sync with them but we don't guarantee that the functionality will be optimum as we are still testing on these phone models and due to the large number of Android and Windows devices, our team has not yet tested all of them.

In the meantime, I can probably recommend giving your Charge HR a quick restart by plugging the charging cable to any USB port or UL-certified USB wall charger and the other end to your Charge HR. Press and hold the button for 10-12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and the version number and release the button.

After that, you can try to remove your tracker from the Bluetooth devices on your phone. go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone. On your connected devices, look for your tracker. Tap on it, then choose the option that says "Forget this device". Then, proceed to set it up as a new device.

For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
FerdinandFitbit (or whatever your real name is)My device is compatibleI followed all the stepsAgain I am STILL STUCK ON "CONNECTING"  and it is not syncing at all.Any other "suggestions"?Bruce Mencer
Best Answer

Hi there, 

I have tried all of the above and it is still stuck on that screen. I don't know what else I can do because my Fitbit was given to me a year ago and I've only just started using it. 

All I want to do is change the time! Agh!

Best Answer
No one from Fitbit has been able to give us any help for this. Sorry.I am like you, I just want to set the time.Bruce
Best Answer

Yeah same here...

This is a silly. It's ok or Fitbit to have issues working with constantly updating Android Bluetooth protocols...but let us (users) know... Right now my Charge HR is completely useless and has been for > 1-2 weeks....

Going to drop a 1 star review of the app store as well, and change it back to 5 stars once I can get the HR to work again. Hopefully I don't move on to a different tracker before then...

Best Answer
Good luck. Mine has been totally useless for about a month now. I got a lame reply at first, then another "scripted" reply and now nothing for weeks.Can you give negative ratings as in -3 stars?
Best Answer

G'day all!  My wife let her Charge HR battery run flat while we were away on holidays.  I have followed the steps in various posts and Fitbit www site.  Still same problem.  Fitbit is not discoverable on android phones or Windows 10 Laptop.  I spent over an hour last night trying to set it up and again this morning and no luck.  

Now we have the same problem as others...connecting after four digit code provided.

This is really poor.

Looking for solutions...come on FITBIT, how about some assistance.  This is so frustrating!

Best Answer

Hi @KerrieKemp@BMencer@GlassFit and @ArghArgh thanks for keep adding your comments giving your feedback.

If you already try to delete your Fitbit device from the Bluethooth Settings and from the Fitbit App to reconnect them later on. I'd suggest the same thing that @KerrieKemp tried, which is use a computer or another compatible device to connect your Charge HR:

1. Restart your tracker a couple of times and make sure that it is fully charged
  2. Reboot your phone and check that you phone and Fitbit App is up to date 
  3. Open Bluetooth Settings on your phone and delete your Surge from there (forget device)
  4. Open Fitbit App > Account > Surge > Remove device (tap on the trash can in the upper right corner)
  5. Reboot your Bluetooth and double check that it is not connecting from there
  6. Force quite the App. Open it again Account > Set up a device

After exhausting all those steps, we might have to check with our support team to verify more details about your case.

@KerrieKemp Thanks for the attempts to solve the issue. I've requested a case for you, our team will be contacting you via email shortly. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Let me know if you have questions. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yojanna FitbitI have done all this and still I am unable to use my Fitbit. It is not even FIT to tell time. Not a BIT.Bruce
Best Answer

I have the exact same problem, and if I knew how to contact support directly I would do so. I have tried every single thing suggested in this thread short of making a new FitBit account.

Please get them to email me or whatever can be done to resolve this.

Best Answer