Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR won't charge at all

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit won't charge at all I have tried all of the solutions what am I supposed to do

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello, @Basketballwnr! Thanks for joining us! Robot LOL I recommend to restart your tracker. This will fix internal problems that it might be having. Smiley Wink To do so please follow these steps:

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port and insert the other end into the port on the back of your Fitbit Charge HR. Your Charge HR will begin charging.
  2. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V122").
  3. Let go of the button.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Also, I suggest cleaning your tracker's battery contacts, because over time the contacts can accumulate dirt and debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts; do not scrape them with anything metal because this can damage the plating and result in corrosion.

Finally keep in mind that these tips can impact the battery life:

• Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage.
  • Frequently pressing the button to check your statistics or the time may reduce the battery life.
  • Since Quick View causes the screen to light up whenever you turn your wrist towards you, turning this setting off may prolong battery life. When Quick View is off, press the button to see your stats.
  • If you’re syncing with an Android device, the Always Connected option may reduce battery life.
  • If you're syncing with any Fitbit app, the All-Day sync option may reduce battery life on both the tracker and mobile device.
  • Charging your Charge HR in extreme heat or cold may reduce battery life.
  • If you don't need a heart rate rating, change the Heart Rate setting to Off. The Auto setting uses less battery than the On setting.

Let me know how it goes! Heart

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102
Never buy fitbit waste of money
Best Answer

Hello, @Basketballwnr! Thanks for joining us! Robot LOL I recommend to restart your tracker. This will fix internal problems that it might be having. Smiley Wink To do so please follow these steps:

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port and insert the other end into the port on the back of your Fitbit Charge HR. Your Charge HR will begin charging.
  2. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V122").
  3. Let go of the button.
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Also, I suggest cleaning your tracker's battery contacts, because over time the contacts can accumulate dirt and debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts; do not scrape them with anything metal because this can damage the plating and result in corrosion.

Finally keep in mind that these tips can impact the battery life:

• Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage.
  • Frequently pressing the button to check your statistics or the time may reduce the battery life.
  • Since Quick View causes the screen to light up whenever you turn your wrist towards you, turning this setting off may prolong battery life. When Quick View is off, press the button to see your stats.
  • If you’re syncing with an Android device, the Always Connected option may reduce battery life.
  • If you're syncing with any Fitbit app, the All-Day sync option may reduce battery life on both the tracker and mobile device.
  • Charging your Charge HR in extreme heat or cold may reduce battery life.
  • If you don't need a heart rate rating, change the Heart Rate setting to Off. The Auto setting uses less battery than the On setting.

Let me know how it goes! Heart

Best Answer
Thank you it worked

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

None of this worked for mine at all any other suggestions

Best Answer
My ChargeHR suddenly went dark and will not charge. It's plugged into a USB charger, as I have always charged it. I've held the button in until the green light on the rear of the face flashes, but the device does nothing to indicate it is responding other than the flash of the green sensors.
Best Answer

Hey beautiful people, @KCBHOWE@KipInWilmington! Welcome, welcome! Heart 

If you've tried all troubleshooting steps and still not working, my best recommendation would be to get in contact with our Customer Support team to evaluate your situation with their internal tools. 

Let me know what they say! Cat Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

One problem, my Fitbit seems to not want to restart or reset. I've tried to reset many times with no success.

Best Answer

I love mine! Used it for 21/2 years before I had problems. Just wish I could get a new battery

Best Answer

I love mine! Used it for 21/2 years before I had problems. This isn't helping me and it makes me sad I can't just replace the battery.

Best Answer

I have tried plugging device in several different plug ins with out any response on the watch. It shows on my dashboard the watch isn’t even charging. I have cleaned the battery contacts and it still won’t come on. Does the battery ever run out and won’t recharge? Mine is 1 1/2 years old.

Best Answer

Hi mikeallen1954,

mine is the same age as yours and is doing the same thing, just died this evening..... Fitbit charge2 

reading here im wondering if this is a common problem with them!

Best Answer

Oddly enough, mine is the same age, same problem.  Won't charge.  I called customer service, ran me through many things, still wont hold a charge.   I guess their shelf life is 1 1/2 years approximately.

I love my fitbit.  Love the challenges, but seems a bit expensive every year and a half to purchase a new one...

Best Answer
I feel exactly the same way. I love it, but too expensive to replace so
often. They need to make the batteries changeable.
Best Answer

I've had my fit bit charge HR about 18mths and it has been used all that time day and night with a once a week full charge

but all of a sudden today it will not charge I think it may be a design fault from the comments I'm reading here it looks like the internal battery gives up

It has the green lights at the back flashing 

It will light up when I tap the screen and it does scroll through the functions

The battery icon with the needs charging icon lights up

But when i try to charge it nothing happens, it doesn't change to the charging battery icon

I have tried to restart it but nothing happens the screen stays blank even after holding button in for a whole minute nothing

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same happened to me today. I bought mine in May of 2017

Best Answer

Me too! My Fitbit Charge HR was bought May 2015 but has had very light use, especially in the last year since I retired.....and I would really like to have it working now!! Tried the various suggestions here but still won’t charge. I’ve just mailed Customer Services but there’s a two day turnaround on a reply. Time enough to look at alternative (non Fitbit) devices as from what I’ve read here it doesn’t look promising. Shame. 

Best Answer
I agree it is a shame that you can’t purchase a replacement internal battery
But on doing a bit of research I think I will probably end up buying the new fit bit charge 3 HR nothing else seems to take my fancy

iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit won't charge anymore and it's not a year old but it was a gift bought online by my ex so I guess I'm out my Fitbit watch.

Best Answer

Worked for me cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes