Add Custom Groups to Mobile App

Use iPhone instead of only computer to pull up a Group I created.  Looking forward to the day you can do that. Thank you. Keep up the Great work! Fitbit is the Best!

374 Comments
JLB7498
First Steps

Our local group would like to see this feature implimented. Lots of discussion and interest!

bramanauskas
First Steps

Definitely agree. We are running a competition each month and would be great to see leaderboard and everyones step tally on the App!

taylorcl1984
First Steps

I agree that admins should be able to create challenges for Fitbit groups.

Mzcarley
Jogger

It would be great if we could access our groups in the app. Or even have a separate app just for groups. 

klbryan3
First Steps

I completely agree.  Admins should be able to create their own challeneges.  This could improve their group involvement as challenges can be customized for every group that wants to be involved.

KlakJ
Jogger

I currently set up 4 challenges weekly for my co workers.  I decided to set up a private group because I thought it would be easier to monitor but its not on the app only the the computer. 

It would be awesome to for the group to have it on their phones because we are always on the move and not at a computer.  We want to promote movement not being at your computer all the time.

Please add this feature to Andriod (all) apps.

Please don't forget to vote at the top post.

jimgilmer
Recovery Runner

We just started a Fitbit group of our boot camp members at the local YMCA.  Would really like to see some progress on developing the integration of friend groups on the app platforms!

ITgirlJess
First Steps

I see that this comment thread and subsequent feature request has been around for a while now.  I hope that something materializes from it.  

I really enjoy the app, and I am about to roll out a few Community Groups at work as part of a Corporate Wellness program, and would really like to see visibility into this directly from the app and not solely from the website as it is much less convenient and will get less participation/interaction from our users.  

Thanks in advance!

AvBit
First Steps
Fitbit groups are great. They allow you to compete against hundreds or thousands of people and you can compare in leaderboards etc.
I only have a few friends within my Fitbit app, and we are completely at different fitness levels. It would be fantastic to be able to have integration of these leaderboards and groups in the apps.
I believe groups and friends should remain a seperate category... I do not wish to add hundreds of people from a group to see them on the app, as this also doesn't display which people are in which groups.
Instead, a user can search on the app for groups of people of similar age or fitness goals. They can then view their progress within the group on the go. I only stumbled across groups today, as I am an app only user of Fitbit. I believe this could become a core function of the app which will lead to much higher retention. After all, where is the incentive on trying to be at the top of the leaderboard if your uncle Dave is always 10,000 below you?
At the least, run a survey to see the current awareness of groups.
SeeStephSay
First Steps
Yay! I agree - we should be able to see our Community groups in the app, to help motivate us to crush them! 😜 Just kidding....I might be a little competitive....
nicola_watt
First Steps

Is there any update on whether this will be added soon? I just joined Fitbit and have a work group and I thought this would have been a given on the app! 

Thanks

SeeStephSay
First Steps
I Tweeted Support the same question, and all they said was basically "Look at our forums. That's a popular request." "Generic 'we are always working towards implementing updates our users want to see.'"
Blegh.
janyxe
Recovery Runner

Yes please. My company is considering using Fitbit for our wellness program... only thing holding us back is that the groups is not viewable on the app. Half our employees would not know how to navigate to the groups via the website! The other half would find that having to use the website is too annoying and too much of a hassle!

TinaR66
First Steps

Please let Admins created their own challenges for Fitbit groups. It would be nice to be able to challenge other groups as well.

janyxe
Recovery Runner

Hi everyone,

I love the Activity Groups feature, but it is frustrating that it cannot be seen on the app! We have challenges and a leaderboard on the app, so why not the activity Group on the app? Many people I know, love the idea of Activity Groups, but hate that it cannot be accessed on the app.

It would also be great to be able to do challenges against other groups for steps, active minutes, etc.

There should also be the feature to delete groups.

Thanks!

LauraRenegar
First Steps

We are also a work group of peeps trying to have friendly competitions and give out prizes and awards. We need to be able to set up our own competitions within our community group. PLEASE! This is why our company joined fitbit....we didn't realize this was not possible. Please consider adding this asap!

nicola_watt
First Steps

I would be interested to know how many "votes" a topic needs before fitbit take action, I was told that this is a key factor so for anyone who like us wants this, i would direct them to this topic and give the thumbs up at the left hand side of the screen a click to try and draw attention. Certainly those in companies like myself who wanted to set this up as a friendly competitive work group could boost up the numbers by asking each user to go on and vote. Hopefully this feature is added soon! Today - 13-APR-16, the votes stand at 114. Thanks! 

WOW_Woman
First Steps

I justed upped the vote to 117...please FitBit! Add this to the app. This is my first time on the website (versus the app), and it was only to learn how to add a group -- which you also must do on the website. I can be okay with adding groups on the website...but it's not beneficial for me to create the group if no one (including me) will ever use the website dashboard to check it.

Thanks in advance!

momlifts
First Steps

Yes, please!  We have groups, but so many people never visit the website, so a group is useless to them.  Please put this feature in the app!

jimgilmer
Recovery Runner

Hey ppl, don't get your hopes up. In the year since this "great idea" was posted, Fitbit has done nothing except forward it to its development team, with no further comments and/or updates.  I think that's pretty lame.  What do you think? Man Frustrated

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
HeydyF
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you so much for sharing your idea @mrbuffneff! I really think that adding this tile to the Dashboard with all the group stats could be very helpful.

Feel free to share any other thoughts on this board or vote for those that already exist. 

AmandaAlvez
First Steps
I just got my fitbit and hoined my work community, as a new fitbit user I am very disappointed to see that the group feature is not on the app. Even more so, after seeing all the users that have brought this feature to Fitbit's attention. I hope to see this added soon.
jermandaim
First Steps

Would love this feature as well.  This is a huge feature that many fitbit users use to stay motivated.  The fact that it isn't already in the app is crazy.  Should have been a feature from the get-go.

R4Fb
First Steps

It would be nice if private groups under 'community' on the web would show on the Fitbit app dashboard

kathleenO
First Steps

I recently attended the SHRM national convention in Washington, DC.  SHRM set up a group challenge that I would like to largely copy for my workplace.  We competed in groups within the challenge and were able to see the steps accomplished by the group (not just rankings).  It was competitive and fun at the same time.  I could also see it in my app.  to challenge my coworkers I would like to create something similar.  The current set up for groups on the Dashboard seems pretty limited right now.  Any help would be appreciated.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.