Add Custom Groups to Mobile App

Use iPhone instead of only computer to pull up a Group I created.  Looking forward to the day you can do that. Thank you. Keep up the Great work! Fitbit is the Best!

374 Comments
dnieves776
First Steps

When are we going to be able to see the groups we joined on the app??

Who goes to the websites on a regular basis? I rarely get to log into my computer. If its not available on the app, I might as well not use it.Smiley Frustrated

jimgilmer
Recovery Runner

-- see below --

jimgilmer
Recovery Runner

This request has been on the table for over a year now and Fitbit has failed to even acknowledge the suggestion, let alone *do* anything to implement it. I think that tells you a heckuva lot about this two-bit company and its lack of "after-purchase" customer support. I'm looking elsewhere.  Hey Garmin, whut up?

Trillium-Jaime
First Steps
This has been a request since at least 2014; I understand there are probably a million other requests & so forth, but this one seems like such common sense & so needed. I work for a large agency & we have challenges within our agency, as well as with other agencies in the same line of work. I (along with everyone else) would be able to better keep up with the group challenges if they were included in the app dashboard. We desperately need group functionality in the app please & thanks!
lindyloo4312
Jogger

Can activity groups be added to android app
I use it a lot but ony laptop. It makes group competitions / challenges easier to see and set
Up. Using website on phone via .com not easy to access and read.

Moderator Edit: Corrected Labels

ABrodyK
First Steps

Agree 100% - this is a major defect of the Android App!

barsenz
Stepping Up

YES! Groups available is NECESSARY for the app please! We are constantly running challenges in our schools but hate that we're limited to 10 users per challenge. We'd also like to build fitness communities within our district of many schools. Most of us don't go to your web based site, we all use the phone app. Please add group leaderboards to your app. Thanks!!

@MrsTGrin wrote:

Hello... I made a private group of ladies making a health and fitness program so we can challenge each other.

The only bad thing that we have encounter is that the only way to see how we are and our position against each other is only on the page of fitbit and not in the app.

Beside that would be awesome to add some challenges to this area too.

Can be this fix in the future as it will be great for us, to see this in the app as is the place we usually access.

Thanks.

Moderator edit: Edited labels and title for clarification

katiekachoo
Jogger
I would like to be able to see the community groups I am in while on the mobile app.
klhubbard31508
First Steps
This is definitely needed. I made a group of ladies all across the state and it would be so nice to see in the app as this is more convenient for quick check ins to see where we all stand.
gehaney
First Steps
Fitbit development seems VERY slow. What does it take to get a feature we want?
isabellad
First Steps

any update on this?

OCKel
First Steps
Is being able to see groups in the mobile app available yet?
Krycom
Jogger

Yes,  We need groups and challenges for the group feature.

melstew
First Steps

please add groups to app. irritating to switch back and forth. 😞

jimgilmer
Recovery Runner

Is there anybody on the Fitbit side of this conversation?  If so, please speak up!  This has been an issue for more than a year!!!

Moderator Edit: Formatting

nicola_watt
First Steps

This is by no means a new suggestion, I have been on a feed for over a year now with lots of different people suggesting this, however, as it had been reviewed by a moderator before the feed had received a high volume of support, I believe it was ignored and that particular feed will not be re-reviewed.

PLEASE can we have a feature on the app to show the activity groups - part of the fun of fitbit is the friendly competition between friends, colleagues, fitness groups etc and it is a wasted feature that you can only access them on the web browser, when everything else about Fitbit is so convenient.

Hopefully now that this new feed has been set up, by the time the FitBit employees review it it will have some backing behind it.

Please give this a thumbs up vote, and respond with any other suggestions you may have - and maybe this time we will have a solution to a clearly popular issue! 

Thank you!! 🙂

nicola_watt
First Steps

As this is an already reviewed feed, I have just started up a new one, I like yourselves have been hoping for this feature for a long time now! 

Please could you hop on over to the new feed, give it a thumbs up and add any further comments.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/See-the-Activity-Groups-in-the-App/idi-p/1748666...

I believe the issue with this one is that although it has tons of support, its already been reviewed by a moderator. So we need to get the new one a load of support before it is reviewed and dismissed, which I feel this one has been!

Thanks guys and hopefully we have a solution soon! 

gehaney
First Steps

Total agree

Krycom
Jogger

Yes,  need groups in app and be able to do challenges,  messages,  and find connections.

jimgilmer
Recovery Runner

Yes! Two thumbs up!!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

100% agreed Fitbit should be more interactive and engaging with friends.

Please make this more of a focus.

Treetopper2
First Steps

I am newish to FitBit and have just got a new FitBit. To encourage each other I have set up a group with my friends to help us do more steps each day/ week. I know this is not a new suggestion having just looked through the posts but I asked via Twitter about activity groups and viewing them on the mobile app.  I am really surprised to find this is not possible as most people view their fitbit results (particularly steps) via the app not via a browser login so come on FitBit help us out and put this on your enhancements for the next update of the app - thanks. So please vote for all the posts asking for this enhancement.

Krycom
Jogger

That's what I love about Garmin.  You can see the leaderboards, and all kinds of information right in the app about the groups your in.

groups.png

megbear
First Steps

+1 - want to track the total time I've done a specific activity -- when I started and how I progressed over time.

KarenKo
First Steps

My company has created a community and it would be nice if I could check my status   on the app instead of the PC

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.