Add Custom Groups to Mobile App

Use iPhone instead of only computer to pull up a Group I created.  Looking forward to the day you can do that. Thank you. Keep up the Great work! Fitbit is the Best!

374 Comments
Krycom
Jogger

When are we going to be able to participate and interact with groups on the fitbit app?  Garmin does it,  Fitbit can't do this?

Krycom
Jogger

I take by the lack of response from Fitbit that they just don't give a **ahem** about the group feature.  Too bad,  it's a great feature.  Man Sad

gehaney
First Steps

I got tired of waiting for a response. FitBit seems more interested in bring out new hardware that uses the same old kernal... The put some window dressing on the software and called it good... I SOLD my HR on ebay for $35 and bought a new Sony.

Krycom
Jogger
I went back to Garmin HR+
emmakaylyn
Jogger

Hey @SilviaFitbit! You reviewed this in 2015; we just got a Community tab in the app which is a great first step! But, unfortunately the ability to see custom Activity Groups was not added.  This is a huge bummer, since other pre-canned Fitbit groups were added, but we still can't see our own with our friends in them.  

Is this idea still a possible feature? Are our voices being heard on this?  Or should I make a new post?  This one already has such a high number of votes, I'd rather just spread it to others to have them vote.  Please let me know!

JacquelynAllyce
First Steps

Activity groups should be visible on the app not just  via the website. More people are using Fitbit via the app than online. Would be much easier to track my custom group activity from my phone. Please consider implementing this feature on the app, as the generic community groups found on the app are less interesting to me than my personal friend Activity Groups. 

emmakaylyn
Jogger

Do you live in the U.S.? The U.S. app has this already, but the only groups included are pre-canned Fitbit groups (example: Walking, Running, Weightlifting).  We currently have another feature request going to get the custom groups (friends, family, coworkers, etc) added to the app also!  Vote for us 🙂

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Being-able-to-see-groups-in-the-app/idc-p/121301...

emmakaylyn
Jogger

Do you live in the U.S.? The U.S. app has this already, but the only groups included are pre-canned Fitbit groups (example: Walking, Running, Weightlifting).  We currently have another feature request going to get the custom groups (friends, family, coworkers, etc) added to the app also!  Vote for us 🙂

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Being-able-to-see-groups-in-the-app/idc-p/121301...

ncsuz
First Steps

I agree with all the other comments! The ability to see our custom groups in the app is crucial. The large generic groups that are visible in the app now are not useful to me at all. I want to be able to see and create my custom groups in the app...it would be a game changer! Please please prioritize this functionality!

jermandaim
First Steps

Ridiculous that this feature has not been added yet.  

emmakaylyn
Jogger

@SilviaFitbit, please respond. We'd like to know if this is still a valid feature request, even though it says it's "reviewed".  Is this still active, or do we need to make a new feature request?

@MarcoGFitbit maybe you can help? This is related to another thread you responded in: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Can-I-see-Activity-Groups-on-App/m-p/1924887

This request shows as "solved", but it is far from solved!!!

kmgdear
First Steps

Definitely need to be able to see groups in the App!

jimgilmer
Recovery Runner
Why waste your time. Get a Garmin!
shaunnaaubin
First Steps

It would be beneficial to have a custom activity group to be displayed on the mobile app, separate from the 'friends list'.

shaunnaaubin
First Steps

I am hoping that this is an option! It would be extremely beneficial!

jimgilmer
Recovery Runner

I'm donating my FitBit to charity Get a Garmin!

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Resfire
Jogger

I really feel it would be a great benefit to allow challenges to be viewed in the mobile app.  As I do not always have my laptop with me to keep me motivated, I do have my smart phone or tablet, and this feature would really help me stay motivated throughout the day.

Thanks!

Jim

Ltatum
First Steps

Please add this feature!!!

dberger60
Jogger

Please add the feature to allow custom groups to be seen in the app and not just on fitbit.com

chicagobobbo
First Steps

Please add this feature to see custom groups on the fitbit app

shugzzy
First Steps

I can't understand why this request has been outstanding for so long  and it's in such high demand a it's so obvious that this feature is necessary and logical?!?! Uugghhh annoyed! It's not convenient to have to go to the website to view my group 

dmcohen
First Steps

It's actually pretty weird this doesn't exist. Like, isn't that kind of the point of the Community tab? Right now, it feels kinda like we're all waiting in line at a food truck that only sells drinks.

Jarv3136
Jogger

I would love to see custom groups and send messages and pics as well. 

erinwdesign
Recovery Runner

The fact that we even need to 'suggest' this is really disappointing--I'm not sure the purpose of creating custom groups if they don't display in the app, since the app and the device are really the center of this product and the website is for sales. Please finish building the groups feature so that it can be useful. 

emmakaylyn
Jogger

@dmcohen lololololol that's a great analogy!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.